• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Infinite speed Goku, Jiren and Beerus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk if this is another taboo topic for the dragon ball verse (since apparently a lot is) but I wanted to try at least.
So we know from this scan that speed and power level within dragon ball is linear, and from this scan (daizenshuu 7 world view) that power/strength is what determines power level within the verse, which is also consistent with the principle of how kaioken works, with him using ki (daizenshuu 7 world view) to amp his stats. So if Goku has gotten infinitely stronger over time (because this wiki obviously treats low 2-c and high 3-a as infinitely above everything below it), his speed would have increased infinitely as well, thereby granting him infinite speed. And of course this idea of speed and power being linear is consistently portrayed, in like almost every arc, I think everyone is willing to accept that. So even without utilizing feats, via statements and logical reasoning, we can get goku and jiren to infinite speed, and everyone else who scales to them or their speed.

Why is this logic not accpeted?
Because ratings are headcanon and are subject to change, and we don't find values like that.

If you can prove that Goku pre TOP was High 3-A/Tier 2, you're gonna scrap it?

From what we know, they could be tier 2 since the beginning of Z.

We don't work off of ratings like that for any verse.

basically saying a 7-B should have infinite speed over a low 7-B because their tier is higher

for this crt: big fat no
Thats not my argument, unless the gap between 7b and low 7-b are infinite and its stated speed and higher power=higher speed within the verse. If you want me to clarify further, sure.

Basically imagine this. We have never heard Toriyama say that Goku is infinite in power. He is low 2-C because of vsbw logic and thus we can't just assume that he has infinite speed from what we've seen

Because ratings are headcanon and are subject to change, and we don't find values like that.

If you can prove that Goku pre TOP was High 3-A/Tier 2, you're gonna scrap it?

We don't work off of ratings like that for any verse.
If we find out later that goku was not high 3-a or tier to, then we should consequently remove the rating. And we know for a fact they weren't high 3-a during z because finite multipliers (ssj1,2,3) made them stronger which obviously wouldn't work if they were that high. Secondly, as long as we DO NOT have them at tier 2 and the start of Z (which we know for a fact that this wiki does not treat as such) then this argument does not fail.
This wiki does not treat goku as tier 2 at the beginning of Z nor is there evidence supporting that, nor does this wiki treat it as such, so bringing that up does not really dismiss my argument.

from feats done by the gods of dbs
goku is no where near reaching infinite speed. it takes whis 22 mins to travel the universe which from what i see infinite > 22 mins
thats MFTL+ and not infinite
other characters scale to that/higher and no one in DB history has shown infinite speed. not even DBH characters

This wiki does not treat goku as tier 2 at the beginning of Z nor is there evidence supporting that, nor does this wiki treat it as such, so bringing that up does not really dismiss my argument.
While I don't agree with Z Era Dragon Ball being Tier 2, I could actually make a solid case for it. There actually is evidence you could use for it.

Either way, I disagree with the OP.

Basically imagine this. We have never heard Toriyama say that Goku is infinite in power. He is low 2-C because of vsbw logic and thus we can't just assume that he has infinite speed from what we've seen
He doesn't need to, if he has progressed to reach that level of power and has feats that scale him there. So if this wiki treats his scaling as going from like solar system power to 2-c power, then off of the reasoning i gave goku's speed should've went from wherever it normally scaled to, to infinite.

If we find out later that goku was not high 3-a or tier to, then we should consequently remove the rating. And we know for a fact they weren't high 3-a during z because finite multipliers (ssj1,2,3) made them stronger which obviously wouldn't work if they were that high. Secondly, as long as we DO NOT have them at tier 2 and the start of Z (which we know for a fact that this wiki does not treat as such) then this argument does not fail.
SEE

The fact that Goku can change ratings based on our headcanon means that we can't do that.

The fact that Goku is a tier on our wiki is headcanon.

You're using a valid method with headcanon results, AKA, doesn't work like that

from feats done by the gods of dbs
goku is no where near reaching infinite speed. it takes whis 22 mins to travel the universe which from what i see infinite > 22 mins
thats MFTL+ and not infinite
other characters scale to that/higher and no one in DB history has shown infinite speed. not even DBH characters
You could just argue plot induced stupidity for whis's case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back