• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Important: Regarding the uploading of lewd images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
There was a situation earlier today that I barely managed to clear up without any members getting banned by Fandom.

In short, several members uploaded a large number of risque or outright erotic images in a message wall thread, after which the troll Mckmal took notice and reported them to Fandom with the intent of getting them all permanently banned.

I immediately sent messages to Fandom that explained the situation and asked for leniency, and also deleted the more objectionable images from the wiki.

I just received the following reply from Fandom:

"Hi Antvasima,

I've looked at the images and they are not outside the Terms of Use (just!)

I recommend asking people to tone down the images they post, and avoiding the most sexual of them. Or even asking them to stop posting these off-topic images at all!

But I will not be banning anyone for uploading these images.

Regards,

-- Sannse

Sannse Cushway

FANDOM Community Support"

Meaning:

The members in question got away with uploading these types of images this time, but only very barely. As such, it would be extremely foolish to continue with this type of behaviour, and Fandom has now outright told us that we shouldn't do this anymore. Given that they decide the rules, not us, we have to do our best to adapt.

The alternative would be to continue to tempt fate until several members, possibly including staff, get banned, which would cause yet another massive drama situation, and I would much rather avoid that, so I would appreciate your help and collaboration. You can go to 4chan or something similar if you wish to upload lewd fetish images.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I rarely upload images in general, and always try to avoid uploading images that exceed PG-13 level. But yes, people do need to be extra careful with what memes they upload and what not.

Therefir said:
I can't help but feel that it would have been much better to ignore those trolls, now some of our members will no longer be able to do something they enjoyed.

In the end the trolls got exactly what they wanted, to bother us.
This is true, but it's not as if these things were fabricated.

Therefir said:
I can't help but feel that it would have been much better to ignore those trolls, now some of our members will no longer be able to do something they enjoyed.

In the end the trolls got exactly what they wanted, to bother us.
Exactly this.

I went and warned the people in the ooc thread since there was a little bit of lewd stuff going on there. Hope that helps.

Ignoring the trolls doesn't stop them from reporting people to fandom though. There have been some legit questionable images in those before (I followed them for the weird things certain users would say), and while they'd usually get deleted all it takes is one to slip through the cracks for someone to get smacked by the zero tolerance law of fandom. Just use steam or discord, I guess.

Antvasima said:
Well, you have to use common sense regarding what is and is not likely to be acceptable to Fandom. Nudity, lolicon, or sexualised content, especially in combination, will likely cause problems.
Since me and Saikou were a large part of it you should tell him as well, but I'll try to be tamer in the future

Saikou showed some common sense in terms of being careful. That is a good thing.

If Fandom has asked the users (I think just about everyone knows who they are) to no longer upload images featuring frankly quite erotic content then they no longer do it.

It's quite simple.

Also, I never thought I'd see the day were Mckmal actually did some good for this wiki.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
He did some good for this wiki by attempting to ban multiple staff and productive members but it's an unintended side-effect I guess
Alright, his original intention of banning productive and helpful users/staff was straight up malicious and a dick move, and I didn't clarify that in my original post. I'm sorry for the confusion.

However, the unintended side effect of getting these 'lewd' images removed is, in my personal opinion, a good thing. Mckmal attempted to ban several helpful users (Which I'm relieved didn't happen) which had an unintended side effect which I think was somewhat positive.

I'm sure you and saikou can post Lewds on discord or something Or in real life whatever suits you.

Google plus is also dying. Meaning you could go there and post anything you want without concequence (as long as it is legal of course)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back