• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Important: Looking for staff volunteers

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Hello.

I am looking for volunteers among the staff to help clean up the Discussions module in preparation for our upcoming transition to an external forum, as my friend, the company that will set up the forum, and the Fandom staff, are doing preparations and negotiations, so we should try to get something constructive done in the meantime.

As I mentioned previously, I plan to create a "Polls" sub-forum for Discussions, and write in the Discussions rules that it is only allowed to post the polls that currently spam the forum there.

However, I am already extremely overworked, so after that I need help from other staff members to move all of the current spammed voting polls to the new sub-forum in question.

Moving all of the current poll threads will take some work, but it can be done if several staff members help out.

Here is a link that will help you to do so:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/f?catId=2829467799590537620,175043,2829467799892527511

The main reason for this is that all of our current forum threads will be copied to Discussions, and I don't want them jumbled together with a massive number of poll threads. In addition, we should try to keep things organised in the wiki.

Help would be very appreciated.

If any content moderators are willing to help out, I can give them temporary discussion moderator rights, so they are able to do so.

Thank you very much for the help.

Can you check around with other staff members if they are also interested in helping out? After we have a few volunteers, I will make the necessary preparations.

I could probably help in the eving (Eastern Pacific Time). I got a question, how would the clean-up works, ANtvasiam

Thank you for the help. I appreciate it.

Well, basically, first I will create a new "Polls" forum and write in the Discussions rules that all polls should be posted there.

Then I will give both of you temporary discussion moderator privileges.

Then you would use the page that I linked to earlier, and click the "New" button, to get an overview of all the versus poll threads, and then you move them to that forum.

I will post screencaptures later.

However, there are likely at least a few thousand poll threads that need to be moved at this point, so I am not sure if the two of you can handle it on your own. Do you wish to ask the other administrators, content moderators, and discussion moderators if they are willing to help out?

Okay. Thank you.

I just discovered a problem though. It seems like Discussions only allows up to 10 sub-forums, and we already have that, so we may have to move all of the polls to the Versus sub-forum instead.

I have asked a Fandom staff member for help though, so I hope that we can solve this issue.

Ok, I understand how it would work Antvasima. I hope Fandom work something with the sub-forum number limits from the discussion. I can also contact staffs about helping here, later.

Okay. Thanks again for helping out.

I have now talked with a Fandom staff member, and we seem to have solved the problem.

I have set up a "Polls" sub-forum.

In order to move the poll and versus discussion threads, you follow this link, and click "New":

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/f?catI...27511,2829467799934470552,3100000000000000030

Then you follow the steps illustrated below to move them to the "Polls" sub-forum.

However, again, given that there are at least a few thousand of them, it seems best if you manage to get more of the staff interested in helping out.

Screenshot 20191001-193224 Chrome
Screenshot 20191001-193238 Chrome
Screenshot 20191001-193255 Chrome
Screenshot 20191001-193300 Chrome
Screenshot 20191001-193309 Chrome

Skalt711 said:
I'm done messaging all other administrators (except you, Antvasima), content moderators (except myself and Elizhaa), and discussion moderators
Thank you very much for helping out.

I would be willing to help but I'm not going to lie I'm still confused at the process, so I won't do anything until I'm sure how everything works.

This came at a bad time for me. I am away from home during the holidays and therefore won't have access to my PC

Well, even if I did, I'm not sure if I would have a clear idea of what to do

Thanks for pointing that out @Elizhaa

I must be going blind lol, based on Ant's instructions it shouldn't be too hard

The Calaca said:
I'd like to help, but I don't understand how the process is.
Please open the images that I linked to. First you click "Edit", then "Next", and finally you change the sub-forum to "Polls" instead, and click "Save".

Andytrenom said:
This came at a bad time for me. I am away from home during the holidays and therefore won't have access to my PC

Well, even if I did, I'm not sure if I would have a clear idea of what to do
No problem. You are helping out plenty already.

Anyway, should I give discussion moderator rights to Elizhaa, Skalt711, and Shadowbokunohero then? Or would you all like to start later? This is quite a lot of work though, so you can obviously spread it out over the span of a week or two if you wish.

@Antvasima

As I said, I have a plenty of free time this week, so I can start today

@Elizhaa, Skalt711, and Shadowbokunohero

I have now given you temporary discussions moderator rights. Feel free to help out when you find the time by using the link that I provided earlier.

If the link does not work properly, it is intended to show you the threads from all of the sub-forums except for "Polls". So set up the view accordingly otherwise.

Thank you very much for the help.

Well, it will be long and tedious work, but I hope that you will be able to get it done without overexerting yourselves.

I'm not sure what this is, even after reading over the thread.

To not get all of our main forum threads in complete disorder by jumbling them with thousands of polls after the upcoming forum move, we are trying to get the Discussions module somewhat organised in preparation.

I actually manage to fix a lot of Poll discussion until 9/23/2019, I will focus on real-life for a while but I will return later today to continue the process.

Thank you very much for the help. I appreciate it.

Back