• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Immobile Tournament Match 17 (Dark Matter vs Wally)

Dark Matter’s abilities can presumably affect inorganic beings since afaik it affected most pokemon, which includes stuff like porygon, so I think it should be able to affect Wally.
But from what I understand, Bfr is specifically the soul, so Wally’s body should still be a stone statue with the mass of a black hole 1cm from DM.
If I’m right about the above, then this depends on how DM’s incorporeality works. If it has something like an avatar that can be sucked in by a black hole and would take more than 24 hours to reform, that’d make this inconclusive. If it’s fully incorporeal and therefore wouldn’t be affected by gravity, DM takes this.

Hmmm... I'm trying to remember whether or not defeating Dark Matter didn't undo the petrification in the game. I think it did, but I'm not 100% sure about the circumstances.

Considering that Wally could absorb things like a reality & plot altering virus, I think there is a good chance he can absorb Dark Matters usual form.

how would petrifying a black hole even work?
I assume it would turn the incredibly dense matter that Wally absorbed into incredibly dense stone. So nothing would physically change, really. However, in Dark Matter's case the petrification induces Soul BFR, so it is still kinda effective.

makes sense. How Big is DM? I know that Wally's range is fairly small
It is fairly small, but it should be noted that once a part of something is caught inside him, he will of course drag the rest of it in as well. He had no trouble absorbing humans and stuff.
Looking at the pics on the bulbapedia page, and knowing that Squirtle is 0.5m (and Torchic 0.4m) tall, I would say it is around human height. Like, a meter or maybe two, but not much more.

based on this I'm gonna vote Wally since DM gets passively absorbed regardless of if Wally gets petrified and BFR'd. And if your opponent dies before the BFR timer runs out, so to speak, you win

Hmmm... I'm trying to remember whether or not defeating Dark Matter didn't undo the petrification in the game. I think it did, but I'm not 100% sure about the circumstances.

Considering that Wally could absorb things like a reality & plot altering virus, I think there is a good chance he can absorb Dark Matters usual form.
Just watched a video of it, and beating DM did seem to break the petrification and Bfr, so I’m voting Wally.

Back