• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Immeasurable Speed Redefinition

CrossverseCrisis

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Like as usual of myself, i wasn't sure where to put this at but here we go.

As most of you probably don't know of this, the main battles wikia just has a change in the definition on how to apply for Immeasurable. I can't say much as it's still new to me and everything so those who do know it better than i do are more than welcome to explain it here.

To put it briefly, to attain immeasurable speed is through these two ways:

1) Possess more than one temporal dimension (Apparently, everyone on the main wikia has said that just being 4-Dimensional or higher does not allow you to be immeasurable unless you possess more than one time dimension). If anyone of you don't understand this clearly, you can go ask on the main battles wikia (i.e Vs Battles Wiki) to ask for more clarification on this.

Or

2) Be able to move beyond linear time through sheer speed...or otherwise be moving at a speed that can't be measured through speed, distance, and time formula.

I know this will not get to anyones heads very easily if at all, i can get that. But for those that want to know the whole reasoning or event regarding this change, you an find it through this thread of theirs here.

Now as for this thread, it is mainly to inform everyone of the new definition and, by extension, requirement for applying for Immeasurable speed. As for the profiles here that are using the last definition/requirement or even before that...that i suppose we'll have to look at the others on this and see if any of y'alls have profiles that can apply for this still or not.

From what I understood, 5-D/High 2-A beings and above are rated the same as before, while any 4-D characters and below get two speed ratings, one for outside of space and time where they are Immeasurable and one for within space-time, if they're vastly slower there?

Also...

"2) Be able to move beyond linear time through sheer speed... or otherwise be moving at a speed that can't be measured through speed, distance, and time formula."

...This sounds an awful lot like the LotD in Sipsi. I guess I'll have to make a load of revisions in regards to that and depending on how it goes, they will actually be rated Immeasurable in their LotD keys.

If the 5-D in question possess more than one time dimension, then i assume yes like how Mxy is still rated for that. And yes to the 4-D and below ones, though the one for outside could just be listed as a power instead rather than a rating as well.

As for the second option, it's basically defined basically as here:

"Immeasurable (Movement beyond linear time. This is why the speed cannot be measured. Given that S = D/T, if T is undefined the speed formula cannot be applied. This is the same reason why multiple temporal dimensions also grant immeasurable speed.)"

Specifically, the T part is the one that you'll want to look out. If a characters speed via the T can't be used to measure the characters...speed, it pretty much makes it where your character is, i guess, immeasurable. Or to put it in Sera's own explanation of it in detail...

"Immeasurable speed is something that goes beyond the bounds of the very concept of speed. The difference in speed between two immeasurable characters can be estimated only on the level of existence where the concept of space and time in the conventional sense is irrelevant, but the concept may apply to a higher order.

The reason why simply being outside of space and time not granting you immeasurable speed within space and time is similar to having different types of speed. Just because you can fly at MHS+ speeds doesn't mean you can run at MHS+ speeds. Just because you can swim at High Hypersonic speeds, doesn't mean you can run or fly at those speeds. It's that simple.

So...a character must transcend linear time to have immeasurable speed? I said this before and I'll say it again, no you do not. Transcending usually means you exist above and beyond the concept. You don't have to be 5-dimensional, unbounded by space or time, or anything like that. You simply just have move at a speed that cannot be measured. Like Ven said time and time again, our system is so much simpler than we treat it. When we index these characters, what are we doing? Measuring their feats. That's why calcs are important. How do you measure speed? Well, you can ignore it all you want, speed is measured by dividing the distance covered by how long it took something to cross that distance. S = D/T. D = S x T. T = D/S.

The reason why it's called "immeasurable" is because it cannot be measured (duh). Within time/without time, it does NOT matter. If it can't be measured using the speed formula, it is by definition, immeasurable. This of course doesn't include teleportation, cross-universe travel, etc."

Mmm-hmmm. I got the general idea before making the above reply (I actually read the entire discussion thread you linked before making a comment, as to avoid further confusion for anyone who might come here after me).

But it's good that you posted the main reasoning behind it here, as that not only helps anyone who might take a look at the thread but also spares them the read of the other thread as a whole.

On a personal note: One way or another, I made my revisions here and based on this, all the SiPsi stats change while in the LotD (which won't be much trouble for me to change anyways, since it's an entirely different world altogether and they are specifically stated in the verse - and their profiles here, already - to be not only timeless, but unbound by physical limits/laws while in it).

Alirhgty.

Yeah its better to do that in case someone doesn't have time (or if they're lazy) to read the linked thread above so might as well.

Aye okay. (Nods)

Thanks for the help, Cross. And I hope this whole revision goes smoothly for anyone who might be affected, too.

Back