• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I'm officially taking a break (for an indeterminant amount of time)

Hey, most of y’all don’t know me but I will get to the point, for the last few months I really haven’t been too active and I only check this site out of a feeling of obligation. I rarely post or comment on anything anymore so I feel like I should just make it official and say I am taking a break. I don’t know how long, maybe for good, who knows. If I feel a calling, I will be back, if not then...I guess it is my time to give my goodbye.

To get the elephant out of the way, I won’t be talking about any of the drama or what not. My friends: Goji, Gews, and Apex have basically covered everything from what I have read. I honestly only heard and experienced it through my friends, which did in fact hurt cause I felt like I couldn’t do anything to help them. I mostly kept to myself off site, even for the brief time I was on the unofficial VBW discord. For a horror buff who loves loud and in your face slasher and grunge-y films, I am actually quite quiet when it comes to interacting with most people, even on the internet (which is weird cause I am majoring in Theater Arts lol). I will say VsBattles did actually get me out of my shell a bit more (on the internet anyway) and helped spark a flame of inspiration within me I carry into all creative artistic endeavors I have had since.

I followed VsBattles Wiki for a year or so before making an account. I loved power-scaling (even though I didn’t know that term till I was on the site), but this site seemed like such a far off world. A huge group of people talking about how powerful fictional characters where and I could help grow the site? Get out of here. To good to be true. But for some reason or another, one day I made a Fandom account and joined. I didn’t know anything about anything really, but this community was welcoming to me, and eventually I made the Mike Painter profile (it is the first profile I remember making). Let me tell you that shit was a complete mess, but it felt good to contribute. And from there things just got better. I remember at one point I was basically checking VBW all the time waiting for what was coming next, planning what profile to add (mainly focusing on horror, of course), and finding as many threads to comment on as I could. Then the form change began happening. Everything slowed, and in that slowness things seemed to get foggy. Sure I tried to contribute after that but it all seemed...forced I guess. And that feeling just continued till I rarely was one. I would go weeks without being on VBW. I guess that is what lead me to this point really.

Quick shout out: Goji, Roach, Axx, Gews, Apex...y’all are like brothers to me. I am surprised I was able to make friends like y'all, heck I don’t even remember how that shit happened man. You guys are the best. Seriously.

So yeah, this is goodbye, at least for now, but who knows. Every great slasher gets a sequel and it doesn’t seem like any final girl has given me the double-tap. The Headless Horseman returned, as did Jason, Michael, Freddy and so many more. Perhaps I won’t be far behind.

Side note, Ant, remember to take a load off once in a while.

No. No, come on. Not you, too, Headless. We just lost Gews, and now you're going radio silent as well? Criminy...

I really hate to see you go, man. You are one of the biggest figures in the oft underappreciated horror indexing side of the wiki, between your work on all of the different slasher movies, the horror games, and even somehow some of the biggest internet figures in horror like Trevor Henderson and the most noteworthy of creepypasta. This is a sad day for me and a lot of others in this sub-section of the community. Remember, you've always got a place here in case you ever want to come back. And if you don't, well, happy trails to you until we meet again. Take care, and be happy with whatever you decide. You are a good guy, and I have always held massive respect for you.

As a good friend I'm sad to see you go man

I remember when you first started posting blogs for Creepypasta villains in, Christ 2018 I think and ever since then I've been proud of how active you are in the community

Hope you do ok with everything man

Take care, welcome back any time. And from what I remember from you, you seem like a generally nice and well behaved user so it is sad to see you go. I know the OP mentions break as opposed to departure, but it's good to know it won't be forever.

I am always sad to see longtime productive members leave, but at least your experiences don't seem to have been too bad this time.

I am also sorry about the dent that our forum move made in the enthusiasm for this community.

Anyway, as usual, please take care of yourself. You are always welcome back if you should change your mind.

Goodbye - Son Goku.jpg

Back