• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

FantaRin_The_First

Username Only
Or... When a Magical Girl fights an Elemental Hero

Welp, my other thread is already close to reaching grace and I did say that I planned to make this in the Bazett vs. Boboiboy thread, so... here's Illya vs Boboiboy~ I will admit that there are certain aspects of this thread that I am unsure of but since I am 100% sure that Illya never had to all of the class cards that is listed in her profile, so I figured it is fine to restrict a single class card since they are effectively transformations and transformations can be restricted for the sake of fairness. I think. Oh well. Correct me if I am wrong.

P.S,
Stack/Velo, the Boboiboy you used was cool, so I decided to reuse it for this match. I have no shame in admitting this and doing this, FYI /s

• The fighting location for this battle will take place in a random suburb in Japan
  • The starting distance is one hundred meters, and speed is equalized for this match
  • Illya and Boboiboy are in character but they are determined to win: Illya knows of Boboiboy's AP advantage and has some knowledge of Boboiboy's abilities (that he has elemental powers, and that he can split himself into inorganic clones made of solid energy) while Boboiboy knows of Illya's weaknesses (knows that Illya's transformation and magical supply will be cut if separated from Magical Wand (Ruby) either by being more than fifty meters apart or after thirty seconds passes)
  • Boboiboy Galaxy (6-C) is being used but Boboiboy Solar is restricted
  • Illya starts off in her Magical Girl mode but she can most of her Class Cards but the Berserker Class Card is restricted (due to God Hand) and Illya's 6-B Stuff is restricted
  • Illya's AP is 26.6 Gigatons and Boboiboy's AP is 94 Gigatons
Illya (Kaleid):

Boboiboy:

Power of Friendships wins and they become friends (Incon):

__illyasviel_von_einzbern_prisma_illya_and_magical_ruby_fate_and_1_more_drawn_by_gyatto624__sample-a8e609be4e117c167dce42ebf14ef172.jpg

V.S
Boboiboy.%28Character%29.600.1452337.jpg

I have been using Stack's matchup format for a while now, tbh. I am surprised that people are just noticing this now.

Naaah, go ahead

Also, imma call him stack for now on too

Sooo, i guess you're knowledgable on Illya, what's her go to moves?

Ye. It is flight and danmaku + energy beams are her starting moves. She's relatively simple like that.

She also has access to something called "class cards" which she uses to shift into different forms with different abilities.

Her Saber Card allows her to turn into a swordswoman (and that is it... she can't shoot a beam from her sword since it is 6-B). her Lancer Card allows her to be a spear woman and gives a lance that has potent anti-regen and allows her to pierce Boboiboy's heart by simply saying its name (horribly OOC for her to use it, however, so she will never use it against him, unless, I bloodlust the hell out of her), her Rider card allows her access to a special eye that might be able to petrify Boboiboy and turn him into stone, her caster card... is pretty much her using flight and danmaku + energy beams, and her Assassin Card allows her to hide and make clones but will give her wall level AP and Dura.

... And that is pretty much it.

I feel like she's like a certain FGO main character from your description of her power

Anyway, what BBB can do here

Already contacted BBB Supporters about this match.

But from what I've seen previously, Boboiboy's starting moves are using elemental attacks and splitting into clones.

Ye. It is flight and danmaku + energy beams are her starting moves. She's relatively simple like that.

She also has access to something called "class cards" which she uses to shift into different forms with different abilities.

Her Saber Card allows her to turn into a swordswoman (and that is it... she can't shoot a beam from her sword since it is 6-B). her Lancer Card allows her to be a spear woman and gives a lance that has potent anti-regen and allows her to pierce Boboiboy's heart by simply saying its name (horribly OOC for her to use it, however, so she will never use it against him, unless, I bloodlust the hell out of her), her Rider card allows her access to a special eye that might be able to petrify Boboiboy and turn him into stone, her caster card... is pretty much her using flight and danmaku + energy beams, and her Assassin Card allows her to hide and make clones but will give her wall level AP and Dura.

... And that is pretty much it.
If she goes for flight and danmaku, BoBoiBoy would simply do the same using water elements to summon geysers from the ground to strike at her in the air, light would spam teleport and beam her from any direction and lightning would keep spamming lightning speed while slashing her from all directions.

Hmm... I imagine Illya's barriers would, at the very least, help her defend against Boboiboy's attacks and give her enough time to transform into one of her other forms - which is most optimally Illya's Saber Form or Lancer Form, which both have hefty magic resistance, which means Illya has a decent defense against Boboiboy's elemental attacks.

.. Granted, Illya still needs to transform into those forms, and unlike Boboiboy, Illya is green - like she is talented in making use of her magical abilities but she doesn't have much skill and experience in fighting.

BTW, Stack, how would the magic resistance of Illya's Saber/Lancer Form affect Boboiboy's lightning weapons? Would they be affected or would they be safe from it?
Thats...i dunno, it say the Class Card only bring out the power of servants with 1 or 2 parameters decreased but i think it remain same? Can't confidently say it tho

Honestly, I am curious... How does Servant MR work against elemental/ap-based attacks and would the fact that Boboiboy has the higher AP here mean he would be able to breakthrough Illya's MR via Saber Class Card?

Honestly, I am curious... How does Servant MR work against elemental/ap-based attacks and would the fact that Boboiboy has the higher AP here mean he would be able to breakthrough Illya's MR via Saber Class Card?
BoBoiBoy's attacks would be rendered completely useless if the magic resistance of Illya is as powerful as Raikou's

Honestly, I am starting to think that Boboiboy's lightning weapons might not be affected by MR. Namely, due to the fact that folks with MR in the fate series can be harmed with weapons constructed by (magical) energy, and, so Boboiboy's blades might still be able to hurt Illya even with magic resistance.

Well, this one idk. Illya have nigh infinite stamina and BoBoiBoy have many experience about battle.
Honestly, I am starting to think that Boboiboy's lightning weapons might not be affected by MR.
Well because it technology, not magical
But still, idk who I want to vote because both are they are hard to decide (my opinion)

So bad news, looking at Illya page, it say that she has resistance to magic via Saber, Lancer, and Rider install which mean she does indeed gain Magic Resistance skill

... Actually, would this be a problem here? The main problem for Raikou was Servant's invul to anything that didn't have mystery which Illya doesn't have.

... Actually, would this be a problem here? The main problem for Raikou was Servant's invul to anything that didn't have mystery which Illya doesn't have.
I don't think so, the MR was the main reason why Raikou vs BBB wouldn't work, he can bypass the invul due of his power not being created by human nature/civilization

Back