• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

If a character's speed is Subsonic, is the object thrown by it also Subsonic?

if a character's base speed is Subsonic, then he throws an identity card, or let's say a small ball, then is the projectile he throws Subsonic too?
Unless if it's proven to be as fast as the attack speed from the character, but then again, it can vary.

If the object used actually manages to tag, for example, someone comparable to the Subsonic character, then it would scale, otherwise it's rather hard to tell

If the object used actually manages to tag, for example, someone comparable to the Subsonic character, then it would scale, otherwise it's rather hard to tell
Not really, you can just use linear momentum to solve it. M1V1 = M2V2

An example of such?
It'll be something you'll find in your physics textbooks as a problem to solve at times, but usually they'll involve very low masses and very low speeds.

For example, 0.15 kg block slams a 0.5 kg block at a speed of 1 m/s. What is the speed of said 0.5 kg block?

M1V1= M2V2

0.15 * 1 = 0.5 * v2

0.5v2 = 0.15

v2 = 0.15/0.5 = 0.3 m/s

The 0.5 kg block's speed is thus 0.3 m/s.

It'll be something you'll find in your physics textbooks as a problem to solve at times, but usually they'll involve very low masses and very low speeds.

For example, 0.15 kg block slams a 0.5 kg block at a speed of 1 m/s. What is the speed of said 0.5 kg block?

M1V1= M2V2

0.15 * 1 = 0.5 * v2

0.5v2 = 0.15

v2 = 0.15/0.5 = 0.3 m/s

I see

M1V1= M2V2

0.15 * 1 = 0.5 * v2

0.5v2 = 0.15

v2 = 0.15/0.5 = 0.3 m/s

Can this method also be applied to find the speed of a projectile thrown by a character?

Does the formula apply to making others fall? For example a pellet shot at a certain speed caused someone to fall to the ground at a certain speed due to the stopping power of the pellet?

Can this method also be applied to find the speed of a projectile thrown by a character?
You could, I think you could also derive the speed of the arm throwing it assuming you have the mass and the speed of the projectile being thrown.

Does the formula apply to making others fall? For example a pellet shot at a certain speed caused someone to fall to the ground at a certain speed due to the stopping power of the pellet?
Not too sure about PE applications.

You could, I think you could also derive the speed of the arm throwing it assuming you have the mass and the speed of the projectile being thrown.
[(Character hand mass (kg) × character hand speed (?)) = (Mass of thrown object (kg) × speed of thrown object (m/s)]

- So this time I already know the speed of the thrown object. Now, if I want to find the speed of the character, does that mean I only need to find the mass?

Basically instead of causing someone to fall normally from losing footing. It caused the person to slam to the ground instead from the shot.
I guess in that case it could work? It'd be the same as the car crash formula where you're not hurled into a wall.

Back