• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ichigo's Speed in the TYBW.

Disclaimer: My post here is kinda useless because I was unaware Renji already gets a FTL feat that others scale from oops.

So, I'll start with what I believe to be my strongest point. Ichigo in True Shikai is Relavistic calculated to 0.24c when he was no diffing the Quincy girls. Yoruichi states that Bankai can boost one's combat ability by 5 to 10 times. Unless I remember incorrectly, Ichigo's Bankai's sole defining unique aspect was being fast and a different color Getsuga Tenshou. I believe that's enough to justify the 5 times accepted Bankai multiplier being applied to Ichigo's speed here, meaning in True Bankai he should be at least 1.2c which is FTL. As far as consistency with this (my weaker more opinionated point), Post Resurrection Hollowified Bankai Ichigo from the Arrancar Arc is Relativistic. So, if we say for the slowest sake he is .1c then he just has to be at least 10 times faster with his True Bankai Merged Hollow Form to reach light speed. With the absolutely massive gap between those two forms of Ichigo it doesn't feel out of place to assume he got at least 10 times faster by the end of the series. With this only the God Tiers would scale from this too, so it's not like I'm claiming everyone and their mother in Bleach is FTL. However, I also understand the crux of my argument lies with the assumption that the Bankai multiplier is applied to Ichigo's speed. Regardless, I'm curious what other more experienced and knowledgable members think of this.

Edit: Regarding applying the Bankai multiplier to Ichigo's speed, he clearly displays an increase in speed whilst fighting Byakuya upon entering Bankai. So, I feel even stronger about the legitimacy of applying the 5 times multiplier to his speed.

Final Edit: Rereading the fight between Byakuya and Ichigo: Ichigo is being beaten by a stronger faster Byakuya, he goes Bankai blitzes Byakuya, Byakuya increases the petals speed by 3 times, Ichigo is still faster. Byakuya even comments on how Ichigo's Bankai is a "hyper speed form." Although, I guess that means bare bare minimum Ichigo's Bankai increases his speed by at least 3 times, but that would put his True Bankai at .72c to 1.2c at least meaning Ichigo must be at least Relativistic+ to FTL. It's still reasonable to lean towards 1.2c seeing as how Ichigo's speed increased by a factor greater than 3 times, we just don't have a concrete amount how much greater than 3 times.

So if it's already accepted that Ichigo's Bankai multiplies his stats by 5, and it's calculated that True Shikai Ichigo is .24c, then True Bankai Ichigo should be 1.2c aka FTL anyhow right?

Arc7Kuroi said:
So if it's already accepted that Ichigo's Bankai multiplies his stats by 5, and it's calculated that True Shikai Ichigo is .24c, then True Bankai Ichigo should be 1.2c aka FTL anyhow right?
If we only use your example of him beating the Quincy girls yes. But Shikai Renji has a FTL feat now that Ichigo scales above currently, putting him much higher than 1.2c in True Bankai.

@Purgy oh is the Renji feat accepted? It didn't look like any progress regarding Bleach speed was being made, so I made this post in an attempt to at least get concrete evidence that at bare minimum the God Tiers of Bleach are FTL.

Arc7Kuroi said:
@Purgy oh is the Renji feat accepted? It didn't look like any progress regarding Bleach speed was being made, so I made this post in an attempt to at least get concrete evidence that at bare minimum the God Tiers of Bleach are FTL.
The Renji feat was accepted a while ago, the CRT is still ongoing but as far as I could tell there weren't any real arguments against Ichigo's speed. The CRT is postponed until the forum move though I think.

Back