• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ichigo's Scaling

Ichigo's ascension to 5-C tier bugs the everliving shit outta me, not because I don't want to see him there or that he couldn't be, its just the scaling that puts him there bugs me.

Ichigo is scaled to 5-C at least for:

• Tanking Yhwach's Casual Attacks
  • Yhwach Stating he has no room for error against Ichigo/Him having a Fearsome Bankai
  • Ichigo cutting Yhwach in half on 2 occasions
Why this bugs me that Ichigo is Primarily scaled from tanking Yhwachs casual attacks which were calced at Moon Level or Something but that's souly based on the Assumption that Casual Yhwach used Moon Level Energy against Ichigo. When Yhwach fought Ichigo (Shikai) he was casually stomping Ichigo who in Shikai is Scaled to be Country Level. Thus we know Casual Yhwach can Range from Country Level+ to Moon Level+, So how is Ichigo listed as Moon Level at least from a casual Yhwach with no proof He was Moon Level Prior or that Yhwach was using Moon Level AP against him?

It seems to me that Yhwach's High End Casual AP was used with no factual evidence backing up to justify Ichigo being ascended to Tier 5-C, in fact, the only thing Cited was Yhwach simply having Moon Level Casual AP to which the fact that is simply a High-End and it ranges to much lower on a Low-End was left out. Not only this If Shikai Ichigo is Country Level, his Bankai being Moon Level At Least is completely ubsurd given a power jump like that has never been shown in canon for Shikai to Bankai and breaks the established power-scaling. I find the fact that this was accepted to be a double standard considering the exact same scaling in other universes ha been cast aside or simply labled an outlier and forbidden to be talked about again.

We have an established scale for Shikai to Bankai in verse which states depending on the Shinigami it can range from 5 to 10x stronger than their shikai. I don't see why this wasn't used. This would Put Ichigo's Bankai in the Tier 6-A Catagory which makes sense to the powerscaling of Bleach in regards to other characters. Ichigo cutting Yhwach in half simply shows that Yhwach is a Glass Canon. He's labeled as a Glass Canon anyways for being cut down by vastly weaker characters. So Ichigo being weaker really isn't changing much

As for the comments Yhwach made about Ichigo, since when was statements in these cases taken seriously? Up-scaling Ichigo based on Yhwach's Statements is the equivalent of me up-scaling Naruto to At Least Small Planet Level when fighting Kaguya simply based on BZ's statements and paranoia about needing to Kill Naruto instead of Letting Kaguya do her thing despite knowing Kaguya's Level in comparison to Naruto and Sasuke and other instances from other verses. ESPECIALLY WHEN a casual Yhwach still stomped Ichigo.

All Im saying is Ichigo being Tier 5-C is based on vague assumptions rather than feats which I find problem in. I could understand if Ichigo did something like Naruto where he actually has feats of slighly overpowering a casual Kaguya despite not actually being able to hurt her, but no such thing exists for Ichigo and him even hurting Yhwach can just be considered an outlier if you believe it only happened out of necessity to rush the ending similarly to Sakura Breaking Kaguya's Horn.

I suggest the powers that be actually look over Ichigo's upgrade and determine once and for all if its a valid upgrade.

I believe personally that Ichigo stands at 6-A tier or unknown for his Bankai, but I don't see anything that says Ichigo scales to Yhwach's High-End Casual AP.

To put it bluntly, if Ichigo was 6-A, he would have been chunked by a grazing hit from a Planet level Yhwach.

In addition, let's hold off on these threads. One of our Admins is working on a series' wide Bleach revision.

Back