• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ice-T HUGE UPGRADE

So Ice-T's attack power and tier is listed as Wall level because he's probably comparable to Rick , who can hurt large aliens with his fists.

Except, he's not comparable, at all.

Rick is a cybernetically enhanced Human. I'm not italicizing cybernetically enhanced because this was revealed after he swapped bodies with one of the Citadel's Ricks, but you'll see where I'm going with this.

Ice-T is an Alphabetria. They are floating letters made of elements that can tank planet-sized lasers. They are nowhere near comparable to humans.

In the post-credits scene, Alphabetria is invaded by the Numericons, which are a significant enough offensive force that the Alphabetrians fear them, and try to prevent Ice-T from attacking them. An explosion caused by them even kills Helium-Q. In his vengeance, Water-T goes out and kills a few in the final freeze frame. Where does this put him? Per VS Battles Wiki's standards on scaling, this would throw him right at 5-B, Planet level.

tl;dr: Alphabetrians have Planet-level durability. Numericons can kill Alphabetrians, which mean they must have Planet-level attack potency. Water-T, an Alphabetrian, kills some Numericons, which means he must have Planet-level attack potency. A=B, B=C, C=A.

Water-T And The Rise Of The Numbericons Rick and Morty Adult Swim
Water-T And The Rise Of The Numbericons Rick and Morty Adult Swim

(Of course, this means that every versus thread with Ice-T is going to have to be scrapped. We can't have a planetary-level character stomping on wall-levels.)

Can you provide evidence for Alphabetrians tanking said planet level lasers?

For evidentiary purposes that is, the revision itself seems fine to me.

The planet level lasers happen in the Rick and Morty episode "Get Schwifty". The singing contest dudes have a laser that they previously used in the episode in order to destroy another planet, and they use it to try and destroy Earth. Ice-T flies up and blocks the laser, tanking several seconds of a laser that had been shown to destroy a planet immediately. While he does seriously degrade, he is clearly stronger than the previously destroyed planet.

Just back for another point:

Is it possible that Ice-T's ice form gives him increased durability compared to his watery form, and that of the other members of his race? Cause from memory, Helium-Q is killed by a falling slab of roof, and those two Numbericons , which doesn't seem right for Planet Level.

Ice-T also refers to his ice form as a prison. It is possible that it is so strong in order to keep him imprisoned.

And VSB's standards don't even confirm that this is Planet Level AP for Ice-T. Even if we assume that the Alphabetrians have Planet Level durability (v iffy so far), the Numbericons could just be glass cannons, as we don't see any feats on the level of Planet Level for their dura.

I'm against this upgrade

If they can dish out that kind of energy without vaporizing themselves, we can ssume their bodies have similar durability to their AP.

It would be quite the opposite of a glass canon, Ice T tanked a planet level attack, so unless Ice T is>>>>>>>>>>>> the rest of the Alphabetrians, or their durability is >>>>>>>>>> attack potency that would make the other Alphabetrians planet level in Attack potency as well. Otherwise, Ice T could solo numberIcons effortelssly.

No, the counter argument is that Water-T was turned to ice, and he called this a prison, which are ment to keep those inside meaning that it should be able to contain Water-T in some capacity.

So when Ice-T ranked the Hit from the laser it was his "prison" form tanking the hit not Water-T.

This is back up when Helium-O dies to falling rubble.

So their Prison form is Planet Level in durability and no AP feats and their Free forms are completely fodder.

why would the Alphabetrians make planet level shields and then never use them in the war against the numbericons, unless their durability already were planet level?? you still havent given an explanation as for that.. they would win with 0 effort if they made just one of them a shield, yet they dont

Heck, why would they remove Ice T's shield while they know fully well that they are at war with the numbericons and the numbericons are on the planet?

>why would the Alphabetrians make planet level shields

They don't, it wasn't a shield, they just transformed Water-T to Ice-T, best you can get is Planet Level Durability Sealing.

>then never use them in the war against the numbericons

Likely because it either requires prep or only works on other Alphabetarians.

>you still havent given an explanation as for that..

Sorry no one responded to a question that wasn't asked

>they would win with 0 effort if they made just one of them a shield, yet they dont

See the above reasoning.

>Heck, why would they remove Ice T's shield while they know fully well that they are at war with the numbericons and the numbericons are on the planet?

Likely because it's a social issue (As maybe being something other than your element is looked down on?) Maybe it's a plot hole in the show and you're taking 10 second shot of footage and trying to spin an entire narrative around it?

Did you not think that the writers just thought it would be funny or cool to throw in a few movie cliches into the end credits where it wouldn't matter?

> call it whatever you want, semantics isnt really important. It works like a shield, yet no one has tried to use it as one.

> sure it takes long time, but it only further supports my argument that they shouldnt remove the one thing that would gurantee their victory, unless their durability is already similar to the shield.

> Yes it's a social issue, but I'm pretty sure that being at war is a much much bigger social issue. A social issue that could be easily countered by not removing the seal, yet they did so anyway?

> plot hole how exactly? arent you the one spinning a narrative around it? so your arugment is the ending scene doesnt matter because it's either a plothole or something the other didnt give much thought about? and you're basing this on.....? your reasoning can be said about pretty much anything from the series. everything from Rick and Morty is either something the writers thought would be funny or cool, doenst exactly invalidate every feat though.

> call it whatever you want, semantics isnt really important. It works like a shield, yet no one has tried to use it as one.

You didn't even bother to read AND give thought to anything I said like how it would be a plot hole because the durability thing.

> sure it takes long time, but it only further supports my argument

No, it doesn't, it hurts your argument because your whole thing about them being able to do that likely not thought out and they wouldn't be able to do it for a war, Ice-T was made "at the dawn of time" so it was long before the war and because we don't get a time frame it's likely totally unusable.

>they shouldnt remove the one thing that would gurantee their victory, unless their durability is already similar to the shield.

Or it is a very obvious plot hole.

>Yes it's a social issue, but

There isn't a but there, this is like saying "What, you're taking off the straight jacket, well, that means the straight jacket doesn't add to their durability at all."

When you can't make that positive claim without evidence, not plot contrivances for a 10 second clip, and the preponderance of evidence shows they're human level.

>A social issue that could be easily countered by not removing the seal,

No, not at all, we know he was sealed away because he tells us he was and that's he was banished.

We know it would be a social issue, as you agreed it was, doesn't mean they will still use it, not every choice, most of all social ones, is based on logic.

>yet they did so anyway?

See straight jacket example.

> plot hole how exactly? In the most obvious way, as you keep saying "Why would they remove the sealing if they die to falling rubble"

>arent you the one spinning a narrative around it?

I'm literally not and this is just a "no you", I'm using what is shown and what is shown is that they die to falling roof debris.

>because it's either a plothole or something the other didnt give much thought about?

What do you mean, those two aren't mutually exclusive, they often go together, it wasn't thought out, and because it wasn't thought out it became a plot hole.

>your reasoning can be said about pretty much anything from the series.

Not really, but it can apply to things like Mister Poopybutthole needing a cane to walk but then jumping onto a guy and swing him off him spastically with no signs of pain.

Another example where the end credits aren't well thought out.

> everything from Rick and Morty is either something the writers thought would be funny or cool, doenst exactly invalidate every feat though.

You're just making a massive leap in logic and now strawmanning my argument to try and say "Well everything wasn't thought out" But we do see a clear difference.

The Planet sized beings can destroy planets, the Microverse was thought out.

A lot in Rick and Morty is thought out, this wasn't one and that is obvious to anyone not trying to wank the verse.

> And you didnt even bother explaining why it would be a plot hole.

> No, we dont know when he became Ice, furthermore, we have no clue how long it took to make him. Even if he was made into ice at the dawn of time, it doesnt give us any info as for when that happened. How exactly is a planet level shield unusable?

> or their durability is the same as the shield.

> or them being human level is a plot hole.

> so you are saying if they didnt remove the planet level shield, they wouldnt have been able to win the war easily???

> we have literally no clue what the debris is made of, they are not on earth.

> so how exactly do you know it wasnt thought out? very curious about this.

> he uses the crane to jump unto him, just like he uses the crane to walk.

> nope, I'm not making any strawman argument nor am I making a massive leap in logic. I mean how exactly do you know what they thought out, and what they didnt? how exactly can you tell?

>And you didnt even bother explaining why it would be a plot hole.

Because it is so obvious, do I have to spell things out for you.

>No, we dont know when he became Ice

Ice-T "My story begins at the dawn of time in Alphabetrium", so we do know he became Ice-T then because that's when his story as Ice-T began.

>furthermore, we have no clue how long it took to make him.

Which is why it is unusable.

>How exactly is a planet level shield unusable?

Their Sealing Powers, obviously, not Sealing,

> or their durability is the same as the shield.

No, it's not, we have a proponderence of evidence showing them to be Human Level, with them dying to Human guns and falling debris.

> or them being human level is a plot hole.

Proponderence of evidence and you can't say the scaling is a plot hole because scaling is something we do, not the writers, they give us the plot and the framework.

We determine how power a character is based on what is given in the plot

> so you are saying if they didnt remove the planet level shield, they wouldnt have been able to win the war easily???

Why would this matter? It's not like this is apart of the story in any meaningful way, and I already told you how social factors aren't logical so you trying to say "Well this isn't logical" is absurdly missing the entire contract of social factors.

>we have literally no clue what the debris is made of, they are not on earth.

The debris could be made from Supermanium, it falling on someone wouldn't deal PLANET LEVEL damage.

>so how exactly do you know it wasnt thought out? very curious about this.

By watching the series and seeing how the elements are reused to the plots advantage, such as when Toxic Rick begins to fight Healthy Rick and how they use things such as Rick's preparation tools, his gear, and how they use the concept of being Detoxified as a Segway to fix the episodes issue, with it being a paradoxical situation.

>he uses the crane to jump unto him, just like he uses the crane to walk.

You completely missed out the fact that is you cannot jump like that if you have a bullet wound, if he needs the cane to walk he can't jump even using a cane, which he doesn't use to jump either, he leaves the cane on the floor when he jumps.

> nope

Flawless rebuttal, totally not like I explained to you how it was and your response is "nah"

> I mean how exactly do you know what they thought out, and what they didnt? how exactly can you tell?

Did you even bother to watch the show, and do some basic analysis of the show?

Back