• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

i was right about slippin jimmy

bad news, i found promotional material stating that slippin jimmy is an origin story for saul
im too tired to write
gnGIzQI.png

i would but i need to get these slippin jimmy haters to see through their bias against the show and stop huffing copium first

imagine being recalled in the original series and consistently advertised as canon to it while still being considered non-canon by the fanbase, couldn't be precious jimmy

evidence for slippin jimmy's canonicity: twitter from the creators says it's canon, every official show description says it's canon, promotional material says it's canon, jimmy recalls its events in better call saul

evidence against slippin jimmy's canonicity: it is wacky

you are insane

apparently its exclusive to amc+, but a dedicated slippin jimmy fan showed it to me. i’ll upload it to youtube later today, note that i found it through a shitpost meaning it’s potato quality

evidence against slippin jimmy's canonicity: it is wacky
I feel like there’s a name for this type of argument where you intentionally dumb down and/or simplify someone’s point to make it seem less credible, I just can’t put my finger on it

The issue with the show is that it has frequent supernatural and ridiculous events transpiring and yet it is seemingly canon to the very much rooted in reality world of Breaking Bad. At absolute best it’s a fantastical and exaggerated telling of Jimmy’s childhood, and thus while canon, not reliable for feats

I feel like there’s a name for this type of argument where you intentionally dumb down and/or simplify someone’s point to make it seem less credible, I just can’t put my finger on it
kid named credible:
that is literally the argument against slippin jimmy being canon, it is too wacky compared to breaking bad
The issue with the show is that it has frequent supernatural and ridiculous events transpiring and yet it is seemingly canon to the very much rooted in reality world of Breaking Bad.
it only has one supernatural event though, and even then it is through a religion which is widely believed to be true irl and has some level of canonical influence in breaking bad through the “eye of god”

Last edited:
i do think it’s a bit weird to act like a series rooted in reality cant portray religious shit, does everyone just assume atheism is correct on this wiki

If I’m not misremembering from skimming through bits of this thread didn’t they literally summon a demon that promptly possessed someone? You’d be lying to yourself if you said you believed that event to be something that totally happened and can happen again in the extremely based on reality world of Breaking Bad

the existence of an “eye of god” means that the breaking bad universe follows christianity to some extent, so demons existing isn’t much of a stretch from there

breaking bad itself is prone to bits of unrealistic action as well, walter suicide bombs a building and leaves with a nosebleed

There’s a scene where jimmy straight up moves parts of his film. I think we’d see him use that more in BCS and BB if he had that ability

I’ve always read Slippin jimmy as an interpretation of jimmy’s past life that is a bit exaggerated probably by Saul himself or just how he imagines it

Also wasn’t the consensus that yeah the events in Slippin jimmy probably did happen but in here they’re too exaggerated and cartoony to be said to have been feats that happen in the reality of the BB universe

toon force comes from the medium he’s portrayed in and should only apply to slippin jimmy, however the feats should scale to saul

Eye of God is total bullshit, it's symbolism / an allegory it doesn't mean shit. Religion has no importance in BB, buddhism could be the "real" religion in the world of BB and it wouldn't ******* matter

Smoke there's no supernatural shit in Breaking Bad, the eye of god thing was pure symbolism and Vince even said so.
yes it symbolizes god keeping an eye on walt, which would make no sense if there wasn't a god in the first place
You're being dishonest if you think Breaking Bad of all shows has actual supernatural stuff in it.
it doesn't, slippin jimmy does though lol

yes it symbolizes god keeping an eye on walt, which would make no sense if there wasn't a god in the first place
I have literally never watched Breaking Bad but I assure you that it’s symbolic of Walter’s guilty conscience rather than an actual deity watching over him and judging

i do agree that it is ******* ridiculous and stupid and has no place in the franchise. i do not like slippin' jimmy. it spits in the face of everyone who poured so much talent and hard work into the original shows. it was likely created by people who don't give two ***** about breaking bad, only about the money it makes, and it was likely made canon by those same people. but just because it's a horribly stupid decision doesn't mean it's non-canon. you act like the creators of slippin' jimmy would actually care about whether or not it's consistent with breaking bad. they don't. you act like these people would be reasonable enough to realize that pentagrams and exorcisms have no place in the franchise. they aren't. they simply don't care. it is still canon, however, as the creators said so

better-call-saul-chuck-mcgill.gif

Last edited:
Where do the creators explicitly say it is canon, and what power do they have to exert such a thing?

Statements that Slippin’ Jimmy is Saul’s origin story are not statements it is canon. It proves it is tied to some version of the Breaking Bad Universe, but it does not prove it is canon to the show.

Last edited:
until vince inevitably confirms alternate timelines there is only one version of the breaking bad universe

If I’m not misremembering from skimming through bits of this thread didn’t they literally summon a demon that promptly possessed someone?
Yes.
does everyone just assume atheism is correct on this wiki
It's not about that. It's about consistency. Summoning literal demons from hell and them having demonstrable supernatural powers does not mesh with Breaking Bad/BCS's world in any capacity.
breaking bad itself is prone to bits of unrealistic action as well, walter suicide bombs a building and leaves with a nosebleed
You're taking an inch and trying to make a mile.

Walter White with unknown science making an explosive that is loud enough sound to shake a building is unrealistic, but not to a massive degree or by such a that it requires the audience to suspend their disbelief regarding the show. The belief hell (and heaven) are not only real for the universe but that the beings of those realms can actively interfere and be summoned into the mortal world requires a far larger amount of suspended disbelief that doesn't match either show.

The cartoon is just not useable for the live-action show. But as mentioned earlier profiles for the cartoon are acceptable.

It's not about that. It's about consistency. Summoning literal demons from hell and them having demonstrable supernatural powers does not mesh with Breaking Bad/BCS's world in any capacity.
it sure would be cool if the creators of slippin' jimmy cared about that. too bad they don't

Walter White with unknown science making an explosive that is loud enough sound to shake a building is unrealistic, but not to a massive degree or by such a that it requires the audience to suspend their disbelief regarding the show.
fulminated mercury is a real thing, there's no unknown science to it. the problem is that it would instantly kill everyone in the room
The belief hell (and heaven) are not only real for the universe but that the beings of those realms can actively interfere and be summoned into the mortal world requires a far larger amount of suspended disbelief that doesn't match either show.
thats literally just being a christian

fulminated mercury is a real thing, there's no unknown science to it
There is, because Walter says the following
Walt: Fulminated mercury. With a little tweak of chemistry.
He altered it. MythBusters even mentions that aspect of it when they cover some stuff from the show. To quote an overview of the episode as well
At a remote rock quarry, the Build Team enlisted the help of explosives consultant Jesse Taylor to make a batch of the compound, which is sensitive to mechanical shock. They started with a charge of 5 grams, placed inside a pumpkin and detonated with an explosive squib; the blast obliterated the pumpkin.

Grant built a robot to throw the charge down with typical human force, while Kari and Tory built a room identical to the one used in the show scene. They placed mannequins at appropriate positions and set rupture discs next to each, calibrated to burst at 13 pounds per square inch (90 kPa) (injury) and 75 pounds per square inch (520 kPa) (death). A charge of 50 grams failed to explode when thrown down, but Vince imagined that Walter may have mixed a quantity of even more sensitive silver fulminate into the batch. The team fitted their 50-gram charge with a blasting cap to ensure it would explode, then set it off. The "injury" discs burst on this trial, but none of the windows blew out.

In an attempt to replicate the explosion in the scene, Jesse made a 250-gram batch and the team set it off as in the second trial. This time, the resulting explosion broke the windows, burst every rupture disc, and blew the walls and ceiling apart. Because 5 times more explosive was required than used in the show, the team declared the myth busted.
Which is why I said he used magic science. Since he made something technically not possible, but not something that would destroy the suspension of disbelief either.
thats literally just being a christian
Summoning demons to possess people, which then allows them to crawl and walls and turn their heads 180 degrees is vastly different from believing in a Biblical Demon.

I think the easiest way to look at Slippin’ Jimmy is canon events re-told in a fantastical and unreliable way, so generally feats from it shouldn’t be used for mainline Breaking Bad

Guys please. if we can get a slippin' jimmy key/profile at 9-B or something i can make a Morbius vs Slippin' jimmyy thread and it'll be the thread of all time

Back