• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I quit, but not without saying what I have to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3X_2.0

VS Battles
Retired
Hello. I'm writing this thread because I'm leaving this wiki, and I'm not going to be part of it anymore. I don't expect you to know me, I don't care about that either. This is something that anyone who has been to this wiki / forum for more than 2 months will know that this is true. This causes several members, not just regular members, but staff members, to also leave the wiki, like Dargoo, Gin, Shiro, and now, me.

First, the reason: It seems that the staff rules and does what they want, without having someone to hold them.

This has been going on for a long time. At the same time that this wiki has some staff members that are really good, but few. You cannot have one or two bad apples along with several other good apples - they will rot together. Staff members like Weekly and Matthew never tire of abusing the benefits that being a staff offers you. Closing threads because they simply want, being assholes most of the time, and thinking that, for some reason, their opinion should be taken into account more than that of an ordinary member.

I don't think you guys need any explanation or proof for Weekly's behavior, but here it is. That's a small fraction of what he's been doing. How the **** is this dude a staff member? Shouldn't even be a normal member, he should be banned. About Matthew? Just open the links and you'll see his behavior, one more. If you want so tee in-wiki behavior from Matthew, just go to some Bleach thread and read his comments. As for Weekly, go to RWBY threads or VS Matches, but I don't recommend that, a lot of toxic stuff from a toxic person.

Just a note, that's only a small fraction of what staff has done before, if you search the good old "Might Guy lightspeed feat", you'll see Weekly closing threads with a "no", and some days ago, AKM did the same. Eficiente acting like a kid when revisions didn't go the way he wanted, and then quitting being staff. Oh, should I mention Zark acting like an asshole when people disagreed with his stuff about Marvel scaling or during VS Matches? She got a lot of warning, members got banned for less. The main issue is, when will you guys stop protecting staff members and start looking at them as equal as normal members? Why regular members are banned for X, and staff members are not banned for the exact same thing?

Second reason: The double standards for works

It is nothing new for anyone that certain works are privileged, either because they have many supporters, or because they have many staff members who are supporters. While this is not new, we do nothing to change it. Works like Dragon Ball goes from Relativistic to FTL+ without any feats to back up, just multipliers. But when you try to do the exact same with another work, staff close your thread and dont care about the arguments, they don't support the verse. If you try to question the Dragon Ball stuff, they'll give you a shit explanation and justification. Or when they didn't accept a clear lightspeed attack (with a statement) during years, and a character clearly dodging it, because they assumed he aimdodged. What about the discussion rules? Biggest bullshit ever. If you go to any wiki, Star Wars Wiki, Naruto Wiki, Marvel Wiki, they'll always show you the real information, that's their job, they want to show you the real information. But here? No, here is just like game of thrones, you don't get stuff accepted because of your arguments, but because you're staff member, or because you write essays and staff didn't even bother to read, everything except from your argument being good enough or not.

Third reason: Everything from above + mental health

If you can endure everything from above while not to be stressed, discouraged or anxious, congrats, you are a monster regarding mental health. But if you cn't, it's just a matter of time before you do the same as me and other members and leave this wiki, maybe stop with VS Debating, or just go to another battleboard where there is no staff as shit as VS Battles Staff.

Well, that's all. It doesn't matter if you delete my thread (you'll just prove my point), everything is printed, and when you'll think to delete this, a lot of people already read the thread. The text is also saved on a pastebin archive

Take care. While I'm not a big fan of harsh language on any side period and do agree some staff members can get too extreme from time to time. I have considered you fairly constructive and reasonable on various threads even if I didn't always agree with everything you said. And I also considered you a fun person to chat with, even if I didn't really talk much. But I'm sad to see you go regardless.

You are obviously entitled to feel the way you do, especially given how stressful the world at large is for all of us right now, and I greatly wish that all of our staff members would continuously try to be responsible when it comes to their overall behaviour, but we genuinely have no better alternative to them evaluating whether or not revisions should be accepted, to act as buffers against FRA gangup upgrade or downgrade attempts.

We also have to take into consideration how much regular members and staff alike have helped out in the wiki over the years before we demote or ban them, or we would lose very valuable contributors, so I prefer to try to convince them to shape up in such cases when possible.

Weekly and Matthew have been demoted for bad behaviour in the past, and Matthew seems to have significantly shaped up his attitude since then. However, I have been shown several screenshots of that Weekly still behaves badly, so he will likely come under HR group investigation.

Anyway, there are no perfect solutions or perfectly behaving people. All that I personally can do is to work very hard to be helpful, and try to make sure that we strictly enlist responsible, rational, and reliable members to the staff nowadays. I also think that most of them do their best to help out and do a good job.

Last edited:
Damn, everyone be leaving rapid fire

Fr tho, take care.
It is because of the world subjecting all of us to extreme degrees of political stress at the moment. It causes people to not have the energy and patience to continue anymore, or even lash out for much less reasons than usual.

Anyway, as the others said, goodbye and please take care of yourself. You are welcome back if you should change your mind.

I didn't know you much beyond you being one of the people to look to regarding Geralt of Rivia, but it is a shame you have grown to resent this place so much.

I know the stigma of staff misbehaving doesn't come out of nowhere, that would be a silly thing to assert, I also definitely think despite being only human, we as staff should be held more accountable if we are the ones pushing these rules onto others. While we are trusted members given extra permissions, we shouldn't be taken completely as gospel, even on topics we don't have a full grasp on.

I do think staff can be toxic, but regular members in turn reciprocate this and it inevitably creates an environment of toxicity, which I think is a hard thing to dispel. This isn't a one-way thing, both staff and regular members cause problems, and we all need to come together for it to stop.

Sad to see you go, I do wish you the best even if we may have argued in the past. At the end of the day, this is supposed to be a fun hobby, we shouldn't be making enemies of ourselves.

Stay safe, best of luck to you.

Thanks for your message, Ant. You are one of the few I can respect here. But I have to disagree with the "shaping up" stuff, I think that if you don't take any radical measures, the forum will lose a lot of helpful members, like Dargoo. And I think you protect staff too much.

Just go to any Bleach thread - or ask IMade about Matthew's past behaviors. As for Weekly, ask Dargoo.

Thanks for your message, Ant. You are one of the few I can respect here. But I have to disagree with the "shaping up" stuff, I think that if you don't take any radical measures, the forum will lose a lot of helpful members, like Dargoo. And I think you protect staff too much.
No problem. The issue is that I prefer to keep things nice, friendly, and orderly, and also do not have a good sense of judgement when it comes to confusing social drama situations. I know that I mention it too often, but I am genuinely autistic, not mild Aspergers, so I have had to build my social skills via hard work. They do not come intuitively to me.

As such, I generally try to mediate whenever possible if I am dealing with longtime productive members, staff or not, but there is such a thing as going over the line, yes, and part of the screencaptures that you and others have shown me are not acceptable behaviour, and Dargoo leaving was a massive loss for this community.

I'd rather we not publicly talk badly about our staff, but I also agree those examples are not acceptable. And I've also seen other screenshots of Matt. But Dargoo said we can't demote anyone for saying that type of stuff; otherwise, it's already well known that Kepekley was far worse than both examples put together in that regard. We can only demote/ban people for literal hate speech (Not counting jokes of poor taste), borderline harassment of other users, and cybercriminal activity.

Just go to any Bleach thread - or ask IMade about Matthew's past behaviors. As for Weekly, ask Dargoo.
I can vouch for this one with regards to Weekly, his behavior has just been flat-out unacceptable, especially with regards to Dargoo, but he tells me this is just the tip of the iceberg.

I've also found Matt's behavior questionable as of late, since at least early 2019.

I respect that, Ant , but as I said, I don't see this treatment as the correct thing we should do. iI this treatment were functional, we would not be having this discussion, losing so many members and so many screenshots with unacceptable behaviors

Well, Matthew is entitled to disagree with you, as long as he remains rational and polite. The screencaptures that you linked to are another issue entirely.

Im just going to hold my tongue about all the things being said about me here

Its a shame to se you go, we're lost so many good members recently, but i hope you have a good life wherever you go from here

Well, Matthew is entitled to disagree with you, as long as he remains rational and polite. The screencaptures that you linked to are another issue entirely.
Not really, the behavior is almost the same. Not related to agree or disageee with anything. But how he talk with people.

I'd rather we not publicly talk badly about our staff, but I also agree those examples are not acceptable. And I've also seen other screenshots of Matt. But Dargoo said we can't demote anyone for saying that type of stuff; otherwise, it's already well known that Kepekley was far worse than both examples put together in that regard. We can only demote/ban people for literal hate speech (Not counting jokes of poor taste), borderline harassment of other users, and cybercriminal activity.
Yes. It is inappropriate to cause drama in public, but the HR group will likely have to evaluate this. The Discord chat should still maintain some of our usual standards.

Would it be acceptable for me to close this thread, so AKM and the HR group can handle this in private without drama?

While I get where you're coming from, asking for people to be banned based on screenshots of them having their opinions outside the wiki is not appreciated. We don't concern ourselves with people's opinions off-site unless in very special cases. Although I agree with some of your points.

Still, you were one of the decent members from what I have seen of Naruto threads and it's a shame to see you go. Take care!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back