• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I quit being a staff member

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
In other circunstances I would explain a bit why I do this, but I'm not in the mood.

I don't want to be a mod anymore. I'm not interested in the wiki as I used to be. At this point I'm too tired of revisions with people bringing recurrent arguments that have been discussed and rejected several times and I have no energy to repeat myself over and over.

I have been losing interest in the wiki as a whole. I don't enjoy spending time and doing stuff here like before.

I don't know if I will resign from the wiki. I'm not interested in spending my time and mental health anymore with people who doesn't know when to give up.

I also don't have too many people to talk with, so I have not too many reasons to stay.

So that, I appreciate the staff members chose me, but my lack of work here and my overall indiference makes me unsuitable for the staff member position. Only time will say if I stay in the wiki.

Well, this was something I wasn't expecting to read.

For what it's worth, what little I've seen you do with your DM position has made me (at least somewhat) convinced that you're one of our more competent staff members. That probably doesn't mean much, but it's the truth.

I do see where you're coming from, though. That much I can say without a shadow of a doubt.

I'm sorry to hear Calaca but I fully understand and respect your decision. No need to drain your mental health and frustrate yourself doing something you have been losing interest in.

I'm always here for you if you ever need to speak buddy.

Wow, I'm really gonna miss ya Calaca, thanks for all the hard work and effort you put into your work during your time as a Staff Member, legitimately thank you

I completely understand your decision, and I hope you are in good health in these trying times

Also thanks for deal with all my Fairy Tail Crap

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dammit man! Now you're making me regret even more not talking as much.

I hope you still stick around and I hope you take care.

I am very sorry to hear this. You have been a very sensible and reliable discussion moderator, and you are my go-to guy when it comes to One Piece evaluations (which is my favourite current series), so I would obviously much prefer if you stay.

Good luck and please take care of yourself in any case.

You can send me a PM if you want to talk about it. I think that I know the reason for your exhaustion, and might be able to help.

That's a damn shame. You were one of the best mods I've interacted with during my short time here.

Your opinions and arguments were sensible and logical, and I always appreciated them.

Take good care of yourself, and I hope this just ends up being a much needed break that leads you to come back feeling better than ever.

I'll keep your legacy alive by still using your terms "GTku" and "Chouku".

Anyways, I can't say much with what has already been said, I haven't been here long, but I hoped I had a chance to interact with you, of my times being a lurker I've looked to you as one of the better Discussion Mods imho.

Godspeed, Pirate King

PS. I like how Power Null is the topic on this thread.

Idk why this thread did not come to my notice until now but I just want to tell you that you are a pretty darn good mod irrespective of what you feel.

And I know the feeling of tiredness and annoyance on stuff that keeps repeating itself, but sometimes a short break can do wonders for what you're going through.

And even though you said you don't have too many people to talk with, if you wanna talk regarding anything you can always reach out to me on the wiki, fanfiction or discord.

Good luck Calaca.

I personally considered you one of the most reasonable and well behaved Discussion Mods here. And out of all Discussion Mods, you were the one I personally thought had the most Admin candidate promotion material. Especially in your vast knowledge on verses such as One Piece and Yu Yu Hakusho.

I understand you loosing interest as constantly arguing back and forth between the same arguments constantly discussed repeatedly does get very tiresome. And RL stress and mental health issues are indeed serious things I can relate to quite well.

However, I have a friend code on my User page that you're always welcome to add me if you need someone to talk to.

Take care IRL and come back any time if you are ready.

(Like everyone should be)

Back