• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I may be in trouble, and I need your help.

Hello everyone. You may or may not know me, but that doesn't matter. I need some advice

You see, it started 10 minutes ago, I was going to an old VS Match which was finished and I needed to copy the link so I can add the result to one of the profiles. However, I got this wierd ass message from this wierd site. It was a page called undefined (with all captilazation the same as I wrote it), it sayed about how the page didn't exist and how I need to download an app. I tried to use one of my notifications bar to go to another wiki I used, and I got the same eery message which sent me to undefined . com. I looked up what this site was, and it turned out to be a malware site which hijacked your computer. I restarted the computer, it went fine, but I am still scared I may have the virus.

I need your advice on what to do besides doing the usual calling the computer store and all of that

Are you still in control of your computer enough to change settings and anything of the sort? It's not a preferable solution, but you might be able to do a system restore to revert your computer to how it was before.

It varies greatly by system to system, so I can't say for sure on yours.

A system restore allows you to completely reset the computer to a point it was at in the past, so it's quite risky and will likely result in a lot of lost files. I'd still recommend trying to get help from someone working in IT first.

I heard from a youtube video which talked about how to do this and all you need to do is get restart google chrome to default settings.

I think i'll just wait until I call the computer store tomorrow and turn off the computer

It seems best to turn off the computer until you get professional help, yes. Do you have a good antivirus program?

It seems like a good idea to install one then. Please call a professional for help.

Also, it might be a good idea to do a backup of your stuff to an external hard drive, in case you have to reboot your computer.

I will install an anti virus.

I have everything on a backup.

And here is the thing now:

Sometimes, when I click on a VS Thread. It sends me to the URL not found page. I don't know if it is a wiki bug or if I actually have a virus

Try installing, updating, and running the antivirus program, and if it finds a virus, run it for the external harddrive as well.

Back