• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

i did a calc but im like 100% certain i did it wrong

ok, so i was rereading the FMA manga for fun and i got to chapter 12. as i was reading it i realized the slicer brothers had sliced the wall and for some reason my mind immediately jumped to trying to calc it. so i checked the profile to see if it had already been done, it hadnt been so i figured: ┬¿hmm... they dont have a calced AP but with this mabye they could... and some characters could probably scale to them... hmmm..┬¿ so then i began looking for ┬¿shear strength of concrete┬¿, ┬¿force/energy needed to cut concrete┬¿, ┬¿psi to cut concrete┬¿ etc (figured it was probably concrete or something similar.). but didnt find anything useful then i thought: ┬¿water-jet´s can cut concrete.┬¿ so i looked for the minimum and maximum psi of a water-jet. the lowest i could find was 20000 psi, the highest was 100000 psi. so then i looked back at the image (top panel.) and using Ed as a refrence i guessed that the cut was something like 9 inched deep, 17 inches long, and .3ish inches wide. but enough with the lengthy unnecessary explanation. onto the calc!

cut size= 9x17x.3= 49.5 in3

low end energy= 49.5x20000= 990000 joules (wall level)

high end energy= 49.5x100000= 4950000 joules (wall level)

i know that was a dumpster fire, but if 1 is ┬¿i´ve never seen something so wrong in my entire life...┬¿ and 10 is ┬¿absolutly perfect!┬¿ how´d i do?

First, do it all in metric units.

Second make sure you get the formula and the units of variables right.

Back