• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I can do this now: Jack Ablendan (Divine Substitutes) vs. Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)

The way he said "Guess there really are no more heroes now, huh" really stuck with me

I see we're on the right track

Anyways, not entirely sure how this goes down

Jack's sword magic isn't really going to let him sneak in any blows, since Travis' instincts are likely going to see any potential mental slashes to the tendons or whatnot coming ahead of time, and for every strike Travis dodges, that's a proc for his time slowdown.

There is also Regen, but any major strikes seem to take awhile to heal (Though the feats there are a testament to how much punishment Travis can take while still surviving, since he seemed more surprised at Jeane shoving her hand through his chest, and he did straight up say that being stabbed in the chest several times just wouldn't be enough to kill him)

On the other hand, Jack does have plenty of skill on his own end and sword magic does let Jack keep a lot of pressure. Even if Travis ends up dodging and speeds up substantially, there's only so much he can do when Jack essentially creates a sphere of slashes around him (or just, makes a hardlight barrier to make some breathing room)

Jack did also manage to quickly adapt to Vulpes mind reading all of his moves ahead of time by just firing light spheres at their feet and forcing them into the air where their mobility is limited and they could counterstrike unimpeded (Though Travis apparently can float mid air to hit stuff, at least temporarily, so he could likely deflect any attacks Jack makes from that position)

There is also Regen, but any major strikes seem to take awhile to heal (Though the feats there are a testament to how much punishment Travis can take while still surviving, since he seemed more surprised at Jeane shoving her hand through his chest, and he did straight up say that being stabbed in the chest several times just wouldn't be enough to kill him)
Yeah as far as combat comes his regen is basically just type 2 immortality.
On the other hand, Jack does have plenty of skill on his own end and sword magic does let Jack keep a lot of pressure. Even if Travis ends up dodging and speeds up substantially, there's only so much he can do when Jack essentially creates a sphere of slashes around him (or just, makes a hardlight barrier to make some breathing room)
The speed amp is basically blitz-worthy, you see your opponents as incredibly slowed down so I doubt most types of defense would hold up under that advantage.
Jack did also manage to quickly adapt to Vulpes mind reading all of his moves ahead of time by just firing light spheres at their feet and forcing them into the air where their mobility is limited and they could counterstrike unimpeded (Though Travis apparently can float mid air to hit stuff, at least temporarily, so he could likely deflect any attacks Jack makes from that position)
He won't do the float very often unless necessary (we only see it in that one instance) but he is greatly acrobatic.

As for skill one day I'll make the KTP skill blog I swear Travis easily defeats Kimmy Howell, who prepped to beat him for two years and has AD so strong shecan learn in one day what most would take years to, he's effectively known as the world's best assassin/fighter (This isn't fully true yet given the Killer7 are a thing but they're unknown to society, beyond them this is basically true) and defeats attempts on his life by would-be pro assassins very routinely, defeated Bad Girl whose instinctive reaction is potent enough to make her an insanely skilled fighter despite having zero training or know-how and lets her fight while unconscious. There's more but I don't feel like digging for it rn, can provide scans if needed

That aside, if Travis is performing well or enjoying himself in a fight (latter is pretty common, though setting could change that) he'll slowly get a little more powerful, which is a useful thing to have.

There's also Dark Side Mode which is a bunch of super modes he can activate possibly at will? It's not likely unless the fight drags on given he seems to never do it, but they're basically wincons given half of them give him a huge speed amp. Probably not too huge of a factor but it exists

The speed amp is basically blitz-worthy, you see your opponents as incredibly slowed down so I doubt most types of defense would hold up under that advantage.
Even if you are much faster than your opponent there's a limit to how much someone could do if approaching them results in a ton of slash wounds on one's body

Granted, Travis could likely just tank through it to strike Jack (assuming his hands or neck aren't cut in the process) and there's not much he can do about that besides maybe bring the halo along (Which is more optional equipment and I think not on their page, but it essentially allows him to fuse his body back together, even if he explicitly can't create new cells and thus solve bloodloss without help from York)

He won't do the float very often unless necessary (we only see it in that one instance) but he is greatly acrobatic.
Yeah, ultimately he only really needs to do it for a split second to reorient himself and parry Jack's blade while he's up there to counter that specific strat
As for skill one day I'll make the KTP skill blog I swear Travis easily defeats Kimmy Howell, who prepped to beat him for two years and has AD so strong she can learn in one day what most would take years to, he's effectively known as the world's best assassin/fighter (This isn't fully true yet given the Killer7 are a thing but they're unknown to society, beyond them this is basically true) and defeats attempts on his life by would-be pro assassins very routinely, defeated Bad Girl whose instinctive reaction is potent enough to make her an insanely skilled fighter despite having zero training or know-how and lets her fight while unconscious. There's more but I don't feel like digging for it rn, can provide scans if needed
AD is also a more overtime thing, right? He can learn a lot of tricks in the span of a day, but that doesn't necessarily mean he can immediately download an opponent's fighting style and hardcounter it, which is ultimately what this fight probably comes down to, and Jack does have his own accelerated development, as he was able to replicate the Falcon kick (long story) and alter it to use light instead of fire as he was about to get punched, as well as figure out the feel of Melissa's whip and use it with solid proficiency just by grabbing it from her (Along with the same sort of AD of just getting stronger and honing his abilities faster than one would expect but again, probably not going to matter)

In terms of just raw skill, he has fought a few opponents with up to decades of experience, evaluated their potential weaknesses and shifted his fighting style to adapt (Sentinel, he just couldn't directly damage so he focused on getting potshots on weakpoints with Solar Rythmn boosted attacks, and stuck back to outlast them when they got drowned in Formula Omega and essentially started melting themselves with their power, and against Jebidiah he figured out that the halo over their head glows whenever they healed, and just focused on depriving them of that so they could get a proper killing blow)

But again, instincts are probably the biggest edge Travis has in this case, since even if he isn't consciously aware, he can probably do half the fighting purely on the idea that "This guy is incredibly dangerous and could cut open my windpipe by looking at me if I'm not careful"
That aside, if Travis is performing well or enjoying himself in a fight (latter is pretty common, though setting could change that) he'll slowly get a little more powerful, which is a useful thing to have.

There's also Dark Side Mode which is a bunch of super modes he can activate possibly at will? It's not likely unless the fight drags on given he seems to never do it, but they're basically wincons given half of them give him a huge speed amp. Probably not too huge of a factor but it exists
In terms of stat amps, Travis lasts better long term but Jack can use the solar rhythm basically just whenever to completely blow them out of the water given he has a moment to breathe and finds just the right opportunity, and considering how these two match up, this fight's probably going to end too fast for Light Corruption or Dark Side Mode to be relevant

I may be favoring Travis at the moment, considering he just has the ability to survive more stuff (Even with the halo, it is noticeably limited and he was considered bruised and battered after Jebidiah made a 8 inch long cut through his torso), but Jack still does have a pretty solid chance of cutting off Travis' head (or doing something equally severe like making him explode inside-out like with his final blow on sentinel) so I may just go for Incon

Last edited:
Even if you are much faster than your opponent there's a limit to how much someone could do if approaching them results in a ton of slash wounds on one's body

Granted, Travis could likely just tank through it to strike Jack (assuming his hands or neck aren't cut in the process) and there's not much he can do about that besides maybe bring the halo along (Which is more optional equipment and I think not on their page, but it essentially allows him to fuse his body back together, even if he explicitly can't create new cells and thus solve bloodloss without help from York)
This is NMH2 Travis so in his equipment there's the Peony, which can get over 2 meters long, that could prove useful to do that.
Yeah, ultimately he only really needs to do it for a split second to reorient himself and parry Jack's blade while he's up there to counter that specific strat

AD is also a more overtime thing, right? He can learn a lot of tricks in the span of a day, but that doesn't necessarily mean he can immediately download an opponent's fighting style and hardcounter it, which is ultimately what this fight probably comes down to, and Jack does have his own accelerated development, as he was able to replicate the Falcon kick (long story) and alter it to use light instead of fire as he was about to get punched, as well as figure out the feel of Melissa's whip and use it with solid proficiency just by grabbing it from her (Along with the same sort of AD of just getting stronger and honing his abilities faster than one would expect but again, probably not going to matter)
Yeah no I was talking about the AD of a girl he beat, his own isn't too noteworthy.
In terms of just raw skill, he has fought a few opponents with up to decades of experience, evaluated their potential weaknesses and shifted his fighting style to adapt (Sentinel, he just couldn't directly damage so he focused on getting potshots on weakpoints with Solar Rythmn boosted attacks, and stuck back to outlast them when they got drowned in Formula Omega and essentially started melting themselves with their power, and against Jebidiah he figured out that the halo over their head glows whenever they healed, and just focused on depriving them of that so they could get a proper killing blow)
I'm not sure if latter is really pure skill, more strategy that I will easily concede to him having the advantage in, Travis is kind of an idiot in NMH1/2 though he wisens up a lot after TSA's timeskip. (As for decades of experience, he's done the same himself)
In terms of stat amps, Travis lasts better long term but Jack can use the solar rhythm basically just whenever to completely blow them out of the water given he has a moment to breathe and finds just the right opportunity
That seems a bit contextual, though, Travis' defense is actually really good especially when you take instinctive reaction into consideration so that moment may never come, Travis' amps are easier to get off.
and considering how these two match up, this fight's probably going to end too fast for Light Corruption or Dark Side Mode to be relevant
Probably yeah
I may be favoring Travis at the moment, considering he just has the ability to survive more stuff (Even with the halo, it is noticeably limited and he was considered bruised and battered after Jebidiah made a 8 inch long cut through his torso), but Jack still does have a pretty solid chance of cutting off Travis' head (or doing something equally severe like making him explode inside-out like with his final blow on sentinel) so I may just go for Incon
Unsure, myself. But I should note landing a kill shot on Travis isn't too hard once you've really got him on the ropes, something like that punch through the heart he took immobilized him enough that he couldn't fight back- same for the instance in NMH3, he wasn't able to fight after all those wounds so while he does have great stamina based on other showings he's probably not gonna be able to fight back after losing that much blood. The challenge obviously comes in getting him that way and overall he seems way more resilient than the competition still given Jack's more generic stamina rating.

By the way, would Jack try to kill Travis right off the bat? If not Travis may try to avoid escalating the situation since by the end of NMH2 he's kinda reaching his "I don't like killing people anymore though I totally will if I gotta" mindset.

This is NMH2 Travis so in his equipment there's the Peony, which can get over 2 meters long, that could prove useful to do that.
Definitely would assuming Travis hangs back just out of reach, though that seems unlikely given his personality (And since Jack can interact with energy constructs and whatnot, it may just get cut apart and need to recharge as quickly as he starts using it that way)
I'm not sure if latter is really pure skill, more strategy that I will easily concede to him having the advantage in, Travis is kind of an idiot in NMH1/2 though he wisens up a lot after TSA's timeskip. (As for decades of experience, he's done the same himself)
Yeah, I figured it was more an even playing field than else (or at least, evenish, with Travis likely taking it in just raw talent and fighting prowess while Jack can come up with strategies to apply on the fly to beat a given opponent)
That seems a bit contextual, though, Travis' defense is actually really good especially when you take instinctive reaction into consideration so that moment may never come, Travis' amps are easier to get off.
It's more contextual on specific timing in the universe, where the sun or stars have solar flares/lash out with plasma. It still works at night or whatever else, the main issue is that he can't really use it when he's being bombarded with attacks (Which is probably exactly what Travis would do, even without his instincts tipping him off about it, though there is at least the possibility that Jack temporarily makes some distance by spamming light orbs and whatnot to make sure Travis can't approach for a given moment)
By the way, would Jack try to kill Travis right off the bat? If not Travis may try to avoid escalating the situation since by the end of NMH2 he's kinda reaching his "I don't like killing people anymore though I totally will if I gotta" mindset.
That is kind of contextual, Jack can get selective with who he kills and who he doesn't, but 9/10 times it's going to end in death

But yeah, I think I'll go for incon. Both have solid ways to counter eachother's major moves and neither of them have a solid enough advantage in skill to determine which would win out decisively, and their AP is close enough that their weapons of choice should be able to kill the other with a solid blow.

Back