• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All Might used shockwaves from all the way across the model city when he was playing villain against Bakugou and Deku. So there's that.

Just answering a question is all.

Though, given The Answer, when Sapphire sees herself at the bad end of an attack, doesn't she not change it? Isn't that Ruby and by proxy Garnet's thing to change fate?

The real cal howard said:
Just answering a question is all.

Though, given The Answer, when Sapphire sees herself at the bad end of an attack, doesn't she not change it? Isn't that Ruby and by proxy Garnet's thing to change fate?
Character development. She didn't even know fate could be changed at that point.

iirc Sapphire didn't do anything because if she didn't fuse with Ruby, Rose and Pearl would have been captured.

Dargoo Faust said:
Seems like an AoE attack Sapphire would have trouble avoiding.
Yes but the only AoE attack Sapphire cant avoid is United States of Smash but All Might wont use it

WeeklyBattles said:
Dargoo Faust said:
Seems like an AoE attack Sapphire would have trouble avoiding.
Yes but the only AoE attack Sapphire cant avoid is United States of Smash but All Might wont use it
Cal just listed another attack he does like that.

Yeah, when Sapphire sees herself dying, she just lets it happen, since it is already decided anyway... pre-character development Sapphire, that is, since current Sapphire would never do such a thing. Heck, one of the morals of an episode was for her to stop doing that.

"But we made him feel... like it was his fault. *lifts a hand up to her face* I keep looking into the future, when all of this has already been solved... As if it doesn't matter how you feel in the present... *starts to cry* No wonder you think I don't care!"

To be fair Sapphire has to actively look into the future, which would be hard to do if she's being bombarded with attacks.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo The attack Cal listed is just a straight punch, not an AoE attack
Alright.

All Might would still overwhelm Sapphire with attacks as she would have to divide her attention between looking into the future and avoiding his shockwaves and air blasts.

WeeklyBattles said:
By looking into the future she'd know when and how to avoid his shockwaves
And while she spends time looking at the future, which she has to activate, she gets overwhelmed by All Might's attacks.

Sapphire doesn't strike me as someone who can pull a Neo and avoid a barrage of shockwaves, punches, and air blasts, even if she can see them coming. Even then like I said she wouldn't be able to manage looking into the future and avoiding attacks simultaneously.

Whre is it ever shown that she has to activate it? This is never stated or demonstrated at any point in the series.

The Wright Way said:
WeeklyBattles said:
Whre is it ever shown that she has to activate it? This is never stated or demonstrated at any point in the series.
When Ruby ran off Sapphire had to be reminded to use it.
Also the quote Ricsi pulled out where she said she "kept looking into the future", as if it's something she has to seperatly activate.

Weekly, heck are you talking about? His normal punches have AoE if he wishes them to. That's exactly what happens in the mock battle with Bakugou and Midoriya, the whole street is affected. You are honestly telling me she sees the future then proceeds to perfectly evade an attack many, many times bigger than herself from a few meters of distance.

I am a little skeptical.

Actually, his attacks in general tend to have AoE unless it doesn't suit the story or there's sensible reason. Battling the Nomu as hard as he could people nearby had to try hard not to be blown to kingdom come, fighting OfA he used more strength than normal and helped to utterly trashing the nearby buildings. Goddamn Deku blasts air attacks at 15% without trying once All Might shows him. Even Deku realizes it's obvious All Might isn't going all out all day or anywhere nearby would have a windstorm day long.

His normal punches are not a omnidirectional multi-kilometer aoe blast, they are just aoe in a single, straight direction and can be dodged by a person who has precog that can see it coming and flight to grant them extra mobility

Err...pretty sure Garnet gets her athleticism from Ruby, not Sapphire. She's not exactly the fighting type who'll maneuver all around the battlefield if we could assume anything from her personality.

Precog that doesn't consist of her instantaneously knowing what she needs to do and reacting on it in that same instant, against an attack that's pretty much a massive wall of air. It's not an issue of flight, it's an issue of moving out of the way in speed equal while merely few meters away.

@Sir No actually, she DOES instantaneously know what she needs to do and how to react to it

Again, she can very easily instafreeze him before he gets a punch off due to knowing what his punches can do

@weeklybattles Doesn't all might have the strength to break out of an instafreeze? Especially if we're pre stomach injury all might.

Huntingpluto said:
@weeklybattles Doesn't all might have the strength to break out of an instafreeze? Especially if we're pre stomach injury all might.
Low 7-B All Might is post injury.

I'm just not personally buying the Precog will tell her exactly what she wants no matter what, and that she'll process this information and instantly freeze faster than All Might punches and less so when there's literally no instance of her fighting, if Paulo is correct.

But if I can see something to convince me she'd know right away and react instantly, that'd be great. Or that there won't be a moment of pause and doubt as she sees something she wouldn't expect, a human with his level of power, just as she doubted what she saw in The Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back