• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact AKM sama if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
All Might trugged his way through the mind numbing cold of the blizzard to reach his destination. It was all over the news how a record breaking snow storm had suddenly popped up in Tokyo. Many heroes suspected it to be the work of a villain, and a powerful one at that, given the storm's suze, so he decided to investigate. Yagi began to see the outline of a small figure in the distance and decided to quicken his pace.

"RUBY! WHERE ARE YOU?!" Sapphire called out. The two had gotten separated during a fight with a corrupted gem and she couldn't find her anywhere. Suddenly, a large hand pressed down on her head. "I'm sorry, ma'am, but I'll have to ask you to stop using your quirk." Sapphire looked around to see that in her panic she'd accidentally created a massive snowstorm. "Oh. Oh, dear. I'm so sorry." The hailing stopped and the clouds vanished. The large man seemed to relax. "It's quite all right. Normally, I'd let you off with a ticket, but given the scale if the damages, I'm afraid I'll have to arrest you." The man seemed genuinely apologetic, but Sapphire had no time. Ruby could be anywhere and she was still a bit shaken and panicked. "I - well, I can't! There's no time!" Sapphire sent up a wall of ice, hoping to simply block the human off so she could keep looking, but to her surprise, the large man simply punched through the wall with ease. Sapphire created a spike of ice and All Might lept a few meters away to avoid it. "I'm sorry that it came to this, it's clear you're upset, but one way or snother I'll make sure justice prevails!"

~

Both at Low 7-B.

Speed Equalized.

All-Might-Go-Beyond
vs.
Sapphireart

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
The AP advantage is nice, and All Might should be considerably more skilled in close quarters combat, but nothing is telling me All Might survives or resists being frozen.

I don't even know anything about All Might, I'm just here because Sapphire is finally being used for something. People should use her and Ruby more often.

So, I guess Sapphire wins via freezing him(?)

I mean Dargoo, doesn't All Might have the rather massive range advantage? I don't doubt he'd prefer getting close, but he isn't adverse to use his ranged options.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
Oh yeah, All Might has shockwaves and air based attacks. Forgot about that.

All Might probably takes this via AP and range then.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
SBA places them 4 kilometers away so it's not like it matters anyways.

Sapphire shouldn't be able to freeze him from that distance, though, while All Might can hit her with winds/shockwaves that would poof her in a couple of hits.

Seriously tho, why the fuck is the page saying her best range feat is freezing a motel room? Also, can't she dodge the ranged attack with Precognition?

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
AM doesn't need to range "spam", though, and it isn't OOC to use ranged shockwaves/air to take out opponents.

Someone should update Sapphire's profile.

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Retired
Actually, when did AM show a direct range of several kilometers with his attacks? The feat that gives him a range of several kilometers is from the air pressure of his punch not an actual offensive shockwave

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
WeeklyBattles said:
Actually, when did AM show a direct range of several kilometers with his attacks? The feat that gives him a range of several kilometers is from the air pressure of his punch not an actual offensive shockwave
The same could be said of Sapphire's storm.

He uses the same air/shockwaves to attack opponents directly, though. Hence why his storm feat isn't ED.

Also, even if he poofs her, she should be able to Regenerate in less than one day, which is the time required to count as incapacitation.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
I don't see why All Might's attacks wouldn't shatter Sapphire's gem considering he's 4x stronger.

Dargoo Faust said:
SBA places them 4 kilometers away so it's not like it matters anyways.

Sapphire shouldn't be able to freeze him from that distance, though, while All Might can hit her with winds/shockwaves that would poof her in a couple of hits.
If you don't want me to respond to the "he could poof her" argument, then don't make the argument.

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Retired
@Dargoo But when has his shockwave EVER shown to have a range of several kilometers? The most i remember it being is a few dozen meters at most

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo But when has his shockwave EVER shown to have a range of several kilometers? The most i remember it being is a few dozen meters at most
His shockwaves are what he uses to move all that air around, so yes.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
And he's used the residual air from his punches to attack villains before, such as the one from the same feat.

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Retired
Also Sapphire will see exactly what All Might can do and know how to react to it, her precog is far superior to Garnet's as rather than seeing possibilities, she sees exactly what will happen in any given situation

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
WeeklyBattles said:
her precog is far superior to Garnet's as rather than seeing possibilities, she sees exactly what will happen in any given situatio
Characters acting erratically like Ruby can surprise her, though; her future vision isn't infallable.

That put IDK how erratic AM's combat style is.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo Proof?
The same exact feat where he caused the storm, as well as when he previously uses an air attack on the blob thing.

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Retired
Also there is a very good chance that Sapphire will just play keep away due to seeing that All Might cant use his power for more than three hours

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Retired
Sapphire has limitless stamina and knows every move All Might will make, she's more than capable of avoiding him

Well, if her Precog is good enough, she could just keep dodging until she can get close enough to freeze him; not sure if she's that good at dodging tho, but it could work.

No, she doesn't know every move he can make. Again, she sees a singular timeline. That also doesn't help her with air blasts with a rather silly AoE.

Yeah limitless stamina is nice but the fight would end before all might runs out of time

Ice shields get one shotted

Precog allows her to see a singular time line and precog doesn't really help you dodge if you were incapable of doing so anyway i.e an omnidirectional shockwave

Flight also doesn't help because Ya know omnidirectional

Well, she does have that Enhanced Speed she uses for travel, but I don't know how quickly it would take for it to cross kilometers, since her page only mentions reactions and combat speed.

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Retired
@Paulo Theyre starting 4 km away, she wouldnt need to cross km she already starts a good distance away form him

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Retired
Yeah, still waiting for proof of that because ive never seen AM using an attack with range of more than a few hundred meters

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Retired
Yes, the page is wrong. The storm being pulled in was a side effect of his punch causing a change in air pressure, it isnt the actual range of his shockwaves

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Retired
Also, just want to point out that All Might definitely wont be using any of his massive attacks due to them being smack dab in the middle of a heavily populated city with a ton of civilians around

Also his only attack with a massive omnidirectional AoE can only be used once and he will never use it as if he does he looses his powers permanently

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Retired
It would need a CRT and im currently making three at once, i'll fix it at some point

But my other points are still completely legitimate

Sba does not state that the location is filled with people and neither does the op so using that as an argument isn't really a thing

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Retired
And again, the only omnidiectional AoE attack All Might has is United States of Smash which he wont use as if he uses it it will get rid of his powers permanently

I mean, if you wanna rely on the OP and taking Wright's Story as pertinent to their present situation, All Might is mere few meters away from her. And from his talk to Deku when he was troubled about fighting people with range, he totally understands using those if needed or advantageous to himself.

Punch from someone a few meters away with pretty big wind AoE, I don't think so.

And don't give me the "middle of tokyo" argument, the weather changing happened in the middle of a populated city. He has some obvious amount of control over it, and it'd be unreasonable to say that in a wide metropolis like Tokyo, they'd be somewhere even smaller than the street they were on.

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Retired
the only AoE attack All Might has that Sapphire has no chance to avoid is the one he will not use under any circumstance

All his other attacks have nowhere near multi-kilometer omnidirectional AoE and can thus be avoided via precog and flight

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
All Might used shockwaves from all the way across the model city when he was playing villain against Bakugou and Deku. So there's that.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Just answering a question is all.

Though, given The Answer, when Sapphire sees herself at the bad end of an attack, doesn't she not change it? Isn't that Ruby and by proxy Garnet's thing to change fate?

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
The real cal howard said:
Just answering a question is all.

Though, given The Answer, when Sapphire sees herself at the bad end of an attack, doesn't she not change it? Isn't that Ruby and by proxy Garnet's thing to change fate?
Character development. She didn't even know fate could be changed at that point.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
iirc Sapphire didn't do anything because if she didn't fuse with Ruby, Rose and Pearl would have been captured.

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Retired
Dargoo Faust said:
Seems like an AoE attack Sapphire would have trouble avoiding.
Yes but the only AoE attack Sapphire cant avoid is United States of Smash but All Might wont use it

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
WeeklyBattles said:
Dargoo Faust said:
Seems like an AoE attack Sapphire would have trouble avoiding.
Yes but the only AoE attack Sapphire cant avoid is United States of Smash but All Might wont use it
Cal just listed another attack he does like that.

Yeah, when Sapphire sees herself dying, she just lets it happen, since it is already decided anyway... pre-character development Sapphire, that is, since current Sapphire would never do such a thing. Heck, one of the morals of an episode was for her to stop doing that.

"But we made him feel... like it was his fault. *lifts a hand up to her face* I keep looking into the future, when all of this has already been solved... As if it doesn't matter how you feel in the present... *starts to cry* No wonder you think I don't care!"

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
To be fair Sapphire has to actively look into the future, which would be hard to do if she's being bombarded with attacks.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo The attack Cal listed is just a straight punch, not an AoE attack
Alright.

All Might would still overwhelm Sapphire with attacks as she would have to divide her attention between looking into the future and avoiding his shockwaves and air blasts.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
WeeklyBattles said:
By looking into the future she'd know when and how to avoid his shockwaves
And while she spends time looking at the future, which she has to activate, she gets overwhelmed by All Might's attacks.

Sapphire doesn't strike me as someone who can pull a Neo and avoid a barrage of shockwaves, punches, and air blasts, even if she can see them coming. Even then like I said she wouldn't be able to manage looking into the future and avoiding attacks simultaneously.

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Retired
Whre is it ever shown that she has to activate it? This is never stated or demonstrated at any point in the series.

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
WeeklyBattles said:
Whre is it ever shown that she has to activate it? This is never stated or demonstrated at any point in the series.
When Ruby ran off Sapphire had to be reminded to use it.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
The Wright Way said:
WeeklyBattles said:
When Ruby ran off Sapphire had to be reminded to use it.
Also the quote Ricsi pulled out where she said she "kept looking into the future", as if it's something she has to seperatly activate.

Status
Not open for further replies.