• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
All Might trugged his way through the mind numbing cold of the blizzard to reach his destination. It was all over the news how a record breaking snow storm had suddenly popped up in Tokyo. Many heroes suspected it to be the work of a villain, and a powerful one at that, given the storm's size, so he decided to investigate. Yagi began to see the outline of a small figure in the distance and decided to quicken his pace.

"RUBY! WHERE ARE YOU?!" Sapphire called out. The two had gotten separated during a fight with a corrupted gem and she couldn't find her anywhere. Suddenly, a large hand pressed down on her head. "I'm sorry, ma'am, but I'll have to ask you to stop using your quirk." Sapphire looked around to see that in her panic she'd accidentally created a massive snowstorm. "Oh. Oh, dear. I'm so sorry." The hailing stopped and the clouds vanished. The large man seemed to relax. "It's quite all right. Normally, I'd let you off with a ticket, but given the scale if the damages, I'm afraid I'll have to arrest you." The man seemed genuinely apologetic, but Sapphire had no time. Ruby could be anywhere and she was still a bit shaken and panicked. "I - well, I can't! There's no time!" Sapphire sent up a wall of ice, hoping to simply block the human off so she could keep looking, but to her surprise, the large man simply punched through the wall with ease. Sapphire created a spike of ice and All Might lept a few meters away to avoid it. "I'm sorry that it came to this, it's clear you're upset, but one way or snother I'll make sure justice prevails!"

"SAPPHIRE! SAPPHIRE!" Another voice called out.

"Eh?"

"Ruby!" Ruby dashed over to her over to her other half abd the two merged in a blight flash of light. Garbet energed laughing joyfully. "It feels good to be me again." Garbet said contentedly. "A fusion quirk, that's quite impressive." All Might admitted before cracking his knuckles. "But I still have to bring you in. Both of you, if need be." Garnet summoned her gauntlets. "I don't think so."

~

Weakened All Might.

Speed Equalized.

Newgarnetrender
vs.
All Might Pose

I'll vote AM he's got a pretty decent AP advantage since he's far above 876 megatons to her far above 317 megatons, he's got pseudo flight, and Garnet doesn't use her electricity often

And the AP gap isn't that big (They're both 7-A+ So it wouldn't even be 2x) and Garnet is far more experienced, precog lets her dodge a lot of his attacks. I'm not sure how not using electricity makes her lose (Is All Might weak to electricity or something?) And the OP's Story says they start up close to each other, so All Might won't be able to range spam

All Might doesn't need to be away from Garnet to spam air pressure, and if he starts flying in order to do so, she can't really do anything about it. Garnet's precog also isn't that good for fighting as she gets tagged incredibly often by people comparable to her. If AM grapples Garnet she gets poofed, and since he knows Ruby and Sapphire fuse into Garnet, he won't let them do it again.

Also AM does have a good AP advantage. His 876 megatons comes from air pressure alone while in a ridiculously, outlandishly weaker state. I don't know how much higher Garnet scales above 317 megatons, but I don't think it's aa high as All Might does above his feat.

Garnets only advantage seems to be her skill, while AM takes range, aoe, AP, LS and even mobility. I think that's enough to overwhelm Garnet, and since he only needs to poof her once and stop Ruby and Sapphire from fusing again, I'll say he takes it.

Uh, if All Might flies then Garnet can still hit him with shapeahifting or rocket fists.

Soupywolf5 said:
And the AP gap isn't that big (They're both 7-A+ So it wouldn't even be 2x) and Garnet is far more experienced, precog lets her dodge a lot of his attacks. I'm not sure how not using electricity makes her lose (Is All Might weak to electricity or something?) And the OP's Story says they start up close to each other, so All Might won't be able to range spam
Prime AM is at least 7A+ don't get it confused he's far stronger than that

Soupywolf5 said:
Then shouldn't he be High 7-A? (We do something very similar for Dragon Ball 7-A characters)
Honestly, I see the logic of this. We do tge same for Cole MacGrath and his High 7-A form after all.

The Wright Way said:
Uh, if All Might flies then Garnet can still hit him with shapeahifting or rocket fists.
True, but he can just dodge because his mobility in the air is similar to actual flight, or just use air pressure to punch whatever Garnet uses away from him like he did to those missiles in the movie.

If Garnet shapeshifts to try and grab All Might she will get poofed, his LS is ridiculously higher than hers.

She's hilariously above 317MT actually but scaling rules prevents that from counting as 7-A+.

Garnet's profile lists her as at least Mountain level+ though maybe that should be changed also whatever calc that gives her rating should be on her profile instead it's just a bunch of YouTube links and statements of her being comparable to or surpassing someone.

Ok this is far above 317 vs 876 whatever AP advantage AM has it isn't too big but it is there so I'll still give it to him. Garnet in character is gonna go for a punch out and AM would be happy to oblige and he's likely to win it since he's beaten Nomu who not only had shock absorption, was comparable to AM and AM was weaker than he is in this key.

The only thing that changed was the AP diff going down tbh, and it's still only counting for AM'a air pressure alone. If they get into a fist fight, AM is likely to comes out on top, or he can just air pressure spam with his way better range and aoe. He also still has pseudo-flight for better mobility. I don't think the experience gap is big enough to cover all of AM's advantages before she gets poofed, and he won't let Ruby and Sapphire fuse again.

Garnet's precog is terrible in fights as she gets tagged all the time, she needs to focus for it to matter. And he can punch her rocket fists with air pressure so they never even reach him.

She's also shown using it in fights to never get hit once (Such As when it was first introduced iirc)

Vs people comparable to or above her, Garnet is consistently tagged. Jasper, the Diamonds, Lapis, some gem beasts, Spinel, etc.

Garnet can jump hundreds of meters in the air casually and is capable of gliding using her shoulderpads as gliders so AM's air pressure pseudo flight isnt that big of an advantage

Back