• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This is a little bit of conjecture, but would Hunter even think he needs to use Cover Scent at first in character?

He isn't going in to hunt a Dinosaur, just a regular guy. I don't think he is going to come to the conclusion that this random Japanese man could smell his blood (Though I have never played Carnivores, don't know if he hunts humans aswell)
He would have it if I gave him it in the op

Baku can't run for long because he gets tired fast, He has no H2H skills, No CQC fighting skills, No impressive Skill feats combat wise

You either give him prep time or this is a curbstomp on hunter's favor

I'll vote hunter rn due to his weaponary and equipment (now with cover scent)
Cover scent is useless when Baku knows where he is via sensing bloodlust

And since he has prior knowledge he is well aware of all places Hunter could hide and anticipate his next move with ANPR and Info analysis

Not to mention he can even do that more easily via clairvoyance

Cover scent is useless when Baku knows where he is via sensing bloodlust

And since he has prior knowledge he is well aware of all places Hunter could hide and anticipate his next move with ANPR and Info analysis

Not to mention he can even do that more easily via clairvoyance
How does Baku sense someone being bloodlust?

Pretty sure Hunter the same (I know he would be at disavantage but wont be completely rendered)

I will give some scenarios

Baku having prior knowledge/prep time, He can do the following;
  • Explore the entire area for the entire day
  • Time to use his clairvoyance to get hints on what Hunter will do
  • Place traps in any place he deems necessary, Noting that the strings are nigh invisible IIRC (Might be wrong)
  • Baku is good at manipulating people to do what he wants
  • Can anticipate moves from tiny details such as a falling diamong with high precision

Baku due to Genius Intelligence and Much Better Preparation feats.

And the battle still takes place at the same area. Baku has plenty of time to set up traps and like hide some where.

And as @XxZetsuxX said, he could use Clairvoyance to give him hints on what Hunter would do and plan around it.

Back