• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hulk stronger than Doomsday? (Doomsday Clock #12 Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Doomsday Clock #12 this is said. Considering Thor is mentioned and an event called "Secret Crisis" (Secret being a term used in many Marvel events and Crisis with DC), the "green behemoth" is very likely referring to the Hulk. I don't know if this means anything but it is interesting Dr. Manhattan thinks Hulk>Doomsday.

This is likely nothing more than a nod to Marvel and nothing else (an awesome nod, but just a nod and nothing else)

The Marvel movies and TV divisions mainly need its comics division to try out lots of different ideas. The comics themselves are not very profitable at all.

Crossovers for DC have been canon before. But I don't think this will be usable until it actually happens. Something to keep an eye on, in any case.

I don't think that the Superman/Silver Surfer and Green Lantern/Silver Surfer stories are canon as such, but they were rather entertaining.

ZephyrosOmega said:
Crossovers for DC have been canon before. But I don't think this will be usable until it actually happens. Something to keep an eye on, in any case.
I'll enjoy using this off site

Hehe

I mean, unless they are shown to be consistent, even feats in the same comic series for Marvel and DC can be considered unreliable.

I highly doubt we could even begi to consider making upgrades that involves little more than a statement from an entirely separate canonicity that was likely not intended as anything more than a reference with little backing or consistency for the statement itself.

Didnt Marvel and DC made all their crossovers canon now?Marvel shows Superman and WW were worthy of Mjolnir for example

Also recently in a comic for Thor they mention the JL have to protect the universe from a Black Winter(which by description it implies True Darkseid) and that Thor is a universe away from this event

Even if they are canon, this still isn't consistent at all, and we shouldn't upgrade characters via unilateral cross-scaling.

Several wrongs do not make a right. Generally speaking, crossover characters are rescaled to fit with the power levels of each others' respective settings.

Tatsumaki and Mob are compared with one another in power, Meliodas and Akira Kongou too, they arent from same series and they dont have any crossovers with one another and they are accepted and allowed

Interestingly enough, certain crossovers were referenced significantly in other stories, at least in DC. That wouldn't be very reliable in terms of actually scaling the two companies between each other though.

I do want to mention that it's not even really about the canonicity of the crossover at this point.

Remember, Marvel and DC has extremely strict rules for scaling, and feats need to be consistent to be used for statistics. As far as I'm aware, Hulk isn't usually depicted on Doomsday's scale, so it'd be unreliable.

BlackDarkness679 said:
Tatsumaki and Mob are compared with one another in power, Meliodas and Akira Kongou too, they arent from same series and they dont have any crossovers with one another and they are accepted and allowed
I disagree with that scaling, but it was for fictions written by the same authors, so it is still considerably more consistent.

Antvasima said:
I disagree with that scaling, but it was for fictions written by the same authors, so it is still considerably more consistent.
But it was still between two different franchises which all they have is statements between them

DarkGrath said:
As far as I'm aware, Hulk isn't usually depicted on Doomsday's scale, so it'd be unreliable.
Both are 4-B in tier and have MFTL+ speeds if i remember, plus in another crossover, Mr Mxyz and Impossible man have argued one another of a fight between Hulk and Doomsday and this was way back, Marvel and DC made the two sound comparable to one another

Again, crossovers regularly rescale characters of wildly different tiers to be able to fight each other. That is very unreliable per definition. A single author who created both franchises is less unreliable, but still usually hasn't actually tried to measure their comparative power levels as we do, so I still disagree with using even these instances, and several wrongs do not make a right.

Anyway, in this case, I could see Doomsday having less raw power than the Hulk, but being much swifter and more adaptable, but this wasn't even an official comparison between the companies.

Rescale its if the characters in question have a gap in stats, Hulk and Doomsday on here are rated the same to these, its not like the other two

While authors usually dont care of power levels like us, they know their characters better then we do at the end of the day anyway, like if you made your own characters Ant, you know better then anyone about them

Actually, the authors very frequently do not know how powerful that they have really made their characters, much less how different fictions exactly compare to each other.

That said, given that Doomsday and Hulk are in the same tier, you have a point in this particular case, but I am speaking in a general sense.

Hmm... I mean, okay.

If these statements:

- Were made with the contributions of both the Marvel and DC authors

- Was made for the sake of a genuinely canonical crossover

- and it's relatively consistent with their current displayed levels of power

Then there might actually be a case for considering this valid. I'm still very unsure, but this might not be as one-sided as I said before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back