• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hulk: an Immortal CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the time has come! I'm in the need to add some missing abilities to Hulk profile, mostly because most of them are new from the Immortal Hulk series, but let do it!

1) I'm not sure how to classify this, where Hulk broke the glass despite the fact of being still inside of Banner. It doesn't have combat purposes, but still is something he can do.

2) The part of his absorption need to be edited to clarify he can absorb people energy as Red Hulk do.

3) In the part of mystical senses we should add that he can smell lies and what Thor said in Immortal Hulk #7

4) In the part of multiple personas we should add that now he has the ability to switch without problem between the personas to resolve problems the best way possible (in the first image Joe take control of Banner body, and in the other one he explains that it was Devil Hulk who put him in charge because he was the best to do the work).Or, at least, something like the personas are working together to be more efficient. "The strongest and smartest one there is"

5) I'm not completely sure how to interpret this, but this could be some kind of immortality negation, as he could kill Fortean 0 permanently. If this, in fact, is immortality negation, I think it shouldn't be combat applicable.

6) Body control, as he could move his hands when they were separated from his body

7) Self Sustenance type 1, as he Can survive just as a head, even for decades, as we can see in that Dr. Strange best Defense tie-i. No lungs, no air. I don't know if this give him type 2 too.

8) Resurrection, even as Banner, as he can through the Green Door. This resurrection is as fast as Hulk wants, because he can decide when to resurrect

9) Limited resistance to Regenerationn negation, his healing restarts automatically after dying and resurrecting, which allowed him to heal the wounds produced by the acid of Abomination Shell, which negates regen. Hulk couldn't heal the wounds provoked by this acid even after he tore off his own skin to get rid of the acid and prevent it from spreading throughout the rest of his body

10) The part of his intelligence should be changed to add that thing about the "magical thinking" and stuff, with the fact that, with the help of the personas, he has access to Banner intellect and the cunning of the other Hulks.

11) For being able to smell lies and see through them, now he has resistance against illusions, as he could see that the hospital wasn't real and that Hawkeye has all his fingers. the illusion made it seem like Hawkeye had lost his thumb

12) Maybe Hulk has resistance to fear manipulation because he was unaffected by Nightmare fear manipulation (this just could apply to Devil Hulk. Banner and potentially the other personas don't have this resistance. Just see how Hulk says Banner was being affected).

13) I know that he has already resistance against sleep manipulation, but maybe it should be pointed that he was likely unaffected by Hypnos sleep manipulation, the god of sleep, who can even put people sleep inside the Nightmare realm. I assume he was unaffected because Hypnos first move is putting people to sleep to end things fast, and Hulk was the one who won that fight.

14) And, the most important than any other, the wiki need to add an ability that Hulk profile should have been added long ago, at least type 3, but it didn't have it, that is immortality. I think that he should have Immortality Type 1, 2, 3, 4, and possibly 9. Type 1 because he could live, and likely without aging, until the end of all things, billions of year in the future. Type 2 because he could survive dismembered, and without the need of healing. Type 4 because, even if his regen is overtaxed or negated and he dies, he can resurrects himself. Type 3 for obvoius reasons and possibly type 9 because, seeing what happened in Immortal Hulk #24, it looks like as if to truly die, the souls of the gamma mutates have to be "killed" in the Below-Place, but this is just an interpretation, as I said in point 5, I'm not sure which would be the best way to interpret what happened to Fortean in #24. Probably the best thing would be to let this point for later, when next issues clarify this, but anyway I points this to see what do you analize and say.

Tomorrow I'll post some minor changes that I think it should be done to the attack potency part and a proposal for a new key.

Edit: I also want to add in the explanation of reactive evolution and self power modification that Hulk developed a complete telekinesis once (he lost the power, but it was something he did anyway

• 1) Did he actually broke the glass?
  • 2) He can absorb gamma radiation, yes. Was there something more there?
  • 3) Yes, part of his mystical senses and this are also Extrasensory Perception.
  • 4) The things claimed here and in the 2┬░ I think aren't really adjusting with the one page you are showing. Please consider later making albums in imgur to show the full context. Also all the evidence should be moved there to keep it safe anyway.
    • So no, I can't agree with this one.
  • 5) Again, I'm getting no context here, just a guy suddenly having a soul and getting killed.
  • 6) Yes.
  • 7) That would be type 2 Immortality, type 1 Self-Sustenance is ok but without the At least or the type 2.
  • 8) Yes as well as type 4 Immortality.
  • 9) Ooor maybe the acid doesn't have any regen negation and it's just acid that keeps consuming stuff, like normal acid. And it just stopped doing that after a while.
  • 11) No he didn't.
  • 12) Sure for Devil Hulk.

Thanks to you all for taking the moment to see through this.
@Eficiente
1) Yes, he did, and there Hulk was still inside of Banner.
2) It's nothing new to Hulk being able to absorb gamma, but he never drained someone until Avengers No Surrender and Immortal Hulk. That's all.

3) Ok
4) I'll do it, of course. Thanks for the advice. To explain the scans, the first image shows how Devil Hulk put Joe Fixit in charge of Banner bodie because he was better suited to solve the problem they were facing. In the other one, Devil Hulk said at the end of it that all of them, referring to the personas, are working together now to be more efficient (Fixit and Big Guy are personas). But now, seeing it, I think adding a couple more pages about this could give a better context, yes.

5) My bad. Now it's like most of gamma mutates are able to resurrect by leaving hell through the Green Door, and Banner killed General Fortean, a gamma mutate, permanently. It has to be noted that Fortean was wearing the Abomination shell, something that, alongside other abilities, it grants Regenerationn to the user, a regen that it should be strong enough to heal a broken neck, but Fortean couldn't heal that wound., he just died. But as I said int he original post, maybe this is not immortality negation, but what I said in point 14, that they just can really die if they're killed in The Below Place, but not sure.
7) I put the "at least" because I wasn't sure if that gave him self sustenance type 2. I edited already
8) Ok.

9) It's not the case, because in their second fight, he tore his own skin to prevent the acid from spreading throughout the rest of his body, but still the wound didn't heal despite he didn't have the the acid on him. Also, I posted there the scan where Hulk said that his regen was like turned off by the acid and killing him started it again.

11) Yes, he did, he said "in a real hospital", hinting it wasn't a real one and he knew that, in fact, Hawkeye had all his fingers (the illusion made look like Hawkeye had lost his thumb).

12) Good

Edit: In the original post I already put a better context in point 4. In point 5 I added another scan to show how Hulk says Fortean will not come back, in point 11 I added the page where Nightmare states that, indeed, Hulk was right about the hospital not being real, and in point 9 I put more scans to show that the acid negates regen.

@Yobo Blue Oh, yes, of course, he should have clairvoyance, I forgot to add that, but I was talking about the fact he broke the glass, despite he was still inside of Banner. @Newendigo and @Ryukama Did you saw what I replied to him? And about that weakness, it's already in the profile, but it looks like, at least to Devil Hulk, that will be no longer a weakness.

Thank you so much for seeing this!!!!

Sorry for the double post, but I edited some parts of the original post to give more context, specially in points 4, 5, 9 and 11 . If everyone could see it again, I would appreciate it. Also, see what I replied to Eficiente three posts above. Thanks a lot.

@KLOL506 With everything he said? Even with what he said about point 11? Nightmare himself says that Hulk was right and the hospital wasn't real and I posted that scan. Also, I provided more evidence that the Abomination acid has regen negation. Hulk couldn't heal the wounds after the acid wasn't there, he just could do it after dying and resurrecting, a process that restarts his Regenerationn. And what about points 10, 13 and 14? Eficiente didn't say anything about them.

Thank you so much for taking the time to see through my CRT

In that case I'll wait for Eficiente to check out your newly-posted scans.

Okay.

Well, this is something that will be discussed tomorrow. To me it's time to sleep!

As I said, tomorrow also I'll post the proposal for the new key, the possible changes to the attack potency part. Also, in the original post I'll add some scans to point 10.

As concerns the "acid":

According to stuff earlier in the book, the "acid" is a special compound created after years of studying the Hulk's regenerative processes, and is designed specifically to inhibit Hulk's Regenerationn as it burns away his flesh.

I'll wait until we have albums in imgur or something to respond here again, but I'm positive that I will later accept most of the stuff I previously rejected.

Hello, people! A good day to all of you! Well, I'll do the albums with the scans I posted and more. Any suggestion to make them?

The albums are already done and theirs links are added to the original post! Without a doubt, doing them helped a lot to make the information much more understandable. Thanks Eficiente for the advice.

An Stoned Orc is right about the acid.

I agree with the 4┬░ and 11┬░ now.

For the 5┬░ either we make a profile for Fortean & link that in Hulk's profile on this power or "we" put the evidence of Fortean's immortality in that album or make a new one & link that in Hulk's profile.

The link in the 9┬░ got broken or something.

The 1┬░ would be limited Telekinesis.

The type 9 Immortality in the 14┬░ and the 13┬░ could use albums as well.

@Eficiente Okay, thabks for seeing it again! I'll do what you say about 5┬░ later, probably in the evening. I was thinking about to add Fortean to the wiki, so making him an album would be useful, yes, I'll make albums to the immortality type 9 thing, the same with 13┬░. About 9┬░, yeah? The link is good for me. Someone else has this problem? I'll post it again anyway

Thanks @Gojiboyforever, but I think it's not inmersion, recently what Banner see in his reflections it's not himfelf, but Hulk. Hulk's not exactly inside of the reflection of the glass, but in Banner's mind.

In the evening, or tomorrow, I'll add also what Yobo Blue said about the clairvoyance, because it's true, Hulk "magical thinking" let him know things that he shouldn't or find out with precision things without having any proof

Edit: I posted the link again. I'll post it here too: https://imgur.com/gallery/f6lQ48B

@GojiBoy If the image of Hulk was fake then it wasn't that power.

@DanielIH15 Ok, I now agree with the resistance to Regenerationn negation via resurrection.

Hello, everyone! I wish a good day to you all. @Eficiente Good to know that!
Now, I was looking through the comics and discussed with some friends and I noticed that Hulk doesn't have immortality negation, not because Fortean wasn't immortal, but for the reasons I'll explain below about the type 9 immortality:

All of this likely starts when Brian Banner, Bruce's father, discovered that Gamma radiation has, besides waves and particles, a third form, which is magical. The Below Place (it's like the lowest Hell of all, below all that exists, where the One Bellow All dwells, who is related with gamma), is the origin of all gamma, or at least, the origin of its third form, that it's an emanation of the divine. As you can see in the last album linked, every time that a gamma mutate dies, they appear there and they're able to resurrect by living the place through the Green Door. Something that has happened, until now, with Hulk, Samso and Betty, and the ones that Banner's father names in their conversation. So, seeing what happened to Fortean in #24, now I'm sure that it wasn't immortality negation, but Hulk could kill Fortean permanently because he killed him in the Below Place. So, it looks like that, to truly die, gamma mutates have to die in the Below Place, and that's why I think Hulk could have Immortality type 9.

Edit: I also want to add in the explanation of reactive evolution and self power modification that Hulk developed a complete telekinesis once (he lost the power, but it was something he did anyway. Also, I decided to start talking about the changes of the attack potency and the new key once we end to talk about the abilities.

Well, it would be type 9 immortality if a part of them were to always be there, what's happening is that they end up there when dying.

"9: Transcendental Immortality: Characters whose true selves exist independently from the plane where they can be killed."

Hypothetically if you were to destroy Hulk's body and soul in battle the latter wouldn't go to the Below Place. If he had type 9 a part of his soul (or all of it) would already be in the Below Place, and destroying Hulk's body and soul in battle would be just as useless as killing him normally.

Reactive evolution seems fine.

My point was that they just can die if they're killed in the Below Place, and I said immortality type 9 because it was the closest thing to me in the Immortality page, I knew already that it didn't fit completely because, until now, nothing says that they're always there. Although Brian Banner says that, in one sense, Banner have never left the Below Place, but I think he's referring that Banner is permanently connected to Below, but who knows?

However, seeing what are you saying, I think you're right, we don't know what happens if someone destroys Hulk soul in the normal plane. So, unless in the future new issues bring more info about this, there's no need to keep talking about this topic for now.

But I have to ask, if it were true that, to truly die, they have to die in the Below Place, no matter what happened in the normal plane, and without his soul being always there, what kind of immortality could be that? Now I'm curious...

Soon, I'll add the fight between Hulk and Hypnos, so you could see that he likely resisted Hypnos sleep manipulation. Thank you so much for your help and for taking your time to see this, Eficiente, really.

Edit: Here it is the Hypnos thing: Hypnos is the known greek god of sleep. Obviously, he has sleep manipulation, he can even put people sleep inside of Nightmare realm, and putting people to sleep is like his first move in a fight. He fought the Hulk, and lost. So, it's obvious that Hulk could resist his sleep manipulation, he won after all, and I would like to add this to his profile. Once we finish with this point, I will proceed with the rest.

Hulk is just really, really close to have type 8 immortality tho, he just needs a statement saying that he can always come back as long as the gamma radiation in the Below Place exists, or as long as the green door could open to him, which is pretty much how it works right now.

Type 4 is very fitting, as well as manipulable for plots as he doesn't have to revive if he dies, if he feels like it. So Marvel can ignore its own rules like it always does and Hulk would still have this power.

I actually disagree with the Hypnos thing.

@Eficiente Hey, you have a point there, I never thought about that. It could be, yes, who knows? It would be interesting in some way if it were like that. We'll have to wait and see if new issues talk about this. Also, you're right, Ewing was smart making that Hulk could decide when to resurrect, that way, if later he dies, and it doesn't revive inmediately, it wouldn't be inconsistent in any way.

About Hypnos, yeah? Could I ask why? Putting people to sleep is like his first move, so not using it in Hulk, despite him being outclassed by Hulk physically, it would be weird, why not using his best power to prevent his murder? But you're probably right, the issue doesn't show Hypnos using his power, so my assumption is more supported by my own deduction rather than a scan. Also, Hulk profile has already sleep manipulation so no problem.

Except the Hypnos thing, immortality type 9 and immortality negation, we all agree to add the other abilities, right?

Now I ask, I post the proposal for the new key and the thing about the attack pottency here or it would be better to do it in another CRT?

Maybe they saw DB's Hulk vs Doomsday, this survivability he has now makes the main argument there completely outdated. But who knows, it's notable that they are handling the character in the best way possible.

Except for those 3 things I agree with all the rest, yes.

Here is fine.

It could be haha you're right, that video is now outdated. And I has to agree, right now Hulk is in good hands IMO, the writer is trying very, very, VERY hard to be consistent and, until now, there's no Immortal Hulk issue I think it's boring.

Good. I'll post the thing here then. Maybe tomorrow in the night or this Sunday in the morning.

What Eficiente accepted can probably be applied.

Hulk's profile can now be unlocked, I'll add the stuff.

Also and kinda unimportant, Discussion Moderators are said to be role models for members in the page about them, so I'll mention that this thread can be taken as an example for many. Usually when I evaluate Marvel(/DC) threads there are users who already commented saying that they agree with everything. This is fine as they gave a general view to the thread, but I believe their comments should be worded in a way that fits that like "Everything seems fine". Agreeing with everything should be reserved to those who read all the thread and evidence. I assure everyone that this is not the first time that by disagreeing with a few things some new powers pop up and old ones become better.

I think it's done. There are still some things to do in this thread so it shouldn't be closed.

@DanielIH15 About Hulk's Resistance to regen negation, there was an image with Hulk saying that he couldn't heal from the acid but now it's gone. That should preferably be added to the album we are using on that resistance.

I will leave the profile open for a while then.

Oh, it's true! It disappeared. Weird. I'll add it now.

Edit: It's done! Thank you Eficiente you for adding all of this, also thanks Ant for taking the time to take a look. I'm preparing the stuff I said yesterday, probably I'll post it tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back