• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hulk Additions: A Bruce Banner key

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Impress

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User:Zark2099/Banner_key

Bruce Banner is quite an important character, ain't he? He deserves a key.

In the above linked sandbox I updated the Hulk profile to include an expansive Bruce Banner key

• His base physicals scale to Bushwhacker (Marvel Comics), Pyro (Marvel Comics) and the Leader as listed on his profile, he also has a feat of knocking away a reinforced door off its hinges, and while I know the Bushwhacker feat is technically done by Joe Fixit, it's still using Banner's physicals. Banner is described as being athletic to some extent and physically capable, so the idea of scaling him to other humans isn't that massive a stretch.
  • Optional Equipment listed comes from BannerTech, which was prevalent during the time he was powernulled and was training Skaar, appropriate statistics are also listed. Alongside that, his Gamma Island weapons and other miscellaneous tech associated to him is also listed. These are all significant technologies for him mythos-wise and thus should be listed, especially the BannerTech stuff.
  • Did some reordering to reflect the keys better

I've had this idea for months, but not the time to do it. Good to see that you did it, really. I just one to add some things:

1) Something like summoning, because wherever he is he can get things out of his lab to use on the battlefield (Not sure if call it this way, but it is something like that. here the scan: https://www.universomarvel.com.aq/hulk/banner-tecnologia_6.jpg).

2) The gamma dome should grants him statistics amplification (I don't know how much, but look what the first vignette says: https://www.universomarvel.com.aq/hulk/banner-tecnologia_7.jpg).

3) He once built and used an armor able to withstand Hulk's strength on a fairly old issue (it is the same he used to fight Skaar at the very beginning of their fight). Said armor should be listed too. That armor should grants him absorption, because that armor, when fighting Skaar, was absorbing his gamma Radiation (note how with the armor Banner could broke Skaar arm and his sword, a sowrd that can pierce Hulk's skin). The gamma dome should grants him absorption too, as you can see here: https://2.bp.blogspot.com/jBz8y1fQi...3RxwYqE3GjIbVlaFwn1orgTfrLtaBEDINa7D_Rg=s1600

4) With the suit he used during the Waid run, he should have Self-sustenance type 1 or something like that (not sure what it is), because with that suit he can breathe under water and should grants him resistance to extremely low temperatures too, as with the suit he could survive being in Niffleheim. To know how high it is the resistance, it's just a matter of looking how cold is the realm of the ice giants in Marvel.

5) In the intelligence section, should be noted that Banner is really an intelligent fighter, as he outwitted Dr. Doom in one occasion. Also, Doom himself says that Banner is superior to him in some fields (obviously in the fields related to radiation, I guess)

6) Another resistance he logically should have is resistance to radiation, for very obvious reasons.

7) In the part of enhanced senses (or it is another power? you tell me) should be noted that Banner can feel gamma Radiation.

8) Banner could see the astral Projection of someone so he should have extrasensory perception too.

And that's all I could find for now that it is missing in your proposal for a Banner key. It's great you did it, I really wanted to do it, but I didn't have the time

Also the armor scans, can you convert them into Imgur links? That'd be more efficient in linking.

Oh, you're right. I didn't notice it, it is in the explanation of the gamma dome, sorry. And I think Banner don't have any other force fields besides the gamma dome. And okay with the armor thing.
About the astral prjection, I would agree with you if the character in question didn't imply that it is strange that Banner (and Hulk) could see her in such state. (I see why you couldn't understand this, I posted the same picture twice.... I fixed it already). If you think shouldn't be added anyway, no problem.

About the suit, that's not a space suit exactly. That's a special suit that Banner himself designed to his work with Shield, and used it through 18 issues, without counting those times that Hulk is seen using it when he is with the Avengers.

And I think Banner could have Statistics Amplification by himself because, through meditatioand some mental exercises, Banner have access to Hulk strength. Here anotherinstance of him using this ability. But I think this is the only time he showed this ability, so i don't know if should be added, but he technically can do it. What do you think about the intelligence part?

K, I'll list it too ig

I mean if he's just tapping into Hulk's strength then he is just Hulk then IMO.

Another thing about Banner tapping into Hulk strength it's looks like that to generate and maintain such a strength buff, Banner must maintain a very strong mental concentration, which is not always possible depending on the circumstances, and it's very hard to mantain. So when he accesses to Hulk's strength, he just do it temporarily, as he can't mantain such concentration for a long time.

Besides this, I think all his abilities and important equipment are already added, so the key is ready to be added to profile, after being reviewed by other knowledgeable members of course.

He has been trained in martial arts by Iron Fist and tends to show feats of superhuman strength due to his connection to the Hulk which allows him greater strength during the intensity of battle.

Him scaling to people like J. Jonah Jameson may be sensible for the Classic Incarnation of the character, but otherwise modern and 80s Bruce Banner has been treated as significant threat when he needs to be in the writer's mind.

I think it's reasonable for him to scale to other 9-As, not to mention Banner is crucial in the scaling of Leader.

Again, as I said, I'd rather prefer if you were to convert these into imgur links, since Blogspot links are unnecessarily expansive

I don't know if the Hulk was actually injured though.

With the gloves? He was, next issue shows he was knocked out and in another instances Banner made him bleed, I'll add those scans, but I noticed that just uploaded one scan, so I fixed it already. Look again the album and you'll see that Hulk was, indeed, injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back