• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Huge Legend of Zelda Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given what Ashen has posted should we turn this thread into a general upgrade CRT or should we just finish up the Wind Fish stuff first and then make a new thread?

triforce is probably 2-B, while the goddesses are obviously stronger the triforce is called omnipotent several times as seen above, also the hylian shield was created by the goddesses to be indestructible so it might have 2-B durability, which the triforce would obviously scale above if thats the case

Let's turn into a general CRT it will help tackle most of the issues together especially when a lot of them always tend to get "magically" forgotten.

No offense to anyone but I'm getting tired of redoing LoZ crt's that gets postponed for absolutely no reasons

How about we start at the top of the Food Chain with the Golden Goddesses and work our way down?

I believe this was the quote used for 2-B Tier earlier.

Termina

When Hyrule was created by the three goddesses at the beginning of time, there were certain side effects of its creation which Din, Nayru, and Farore did not anticipate. As the three holy women breathed life into the world and chased away Emptiness, their potent breath slipped through tiny cracks in the folds of space and created millions of alternate worlds in the process. One of these worlds became the land known as Termina.

It is possible that we would know nothing of Termina's existence if Link had not been led there by the mischievous actions of Skull Kid. Termina is very similar to Hyrule, but at the same time extremely different.

Last edited:
That's definitely the quote for 2-B Golden Goddesses. Working down from the top sounds like a solid idea. I'll change the threads title to better match the new discussions.

Well we run into an issue here.
Are we or are we not using the Encyclopedia. Because we get mixed information, like Majora created Termina in according to the Encyclopedia, not the Gods.
We have to pick to use it and thus treat it as the most recent canon or discard it, and then we can use shit like that. It's not a huge issue because we can definitely make things work either way but best to sort this out now.

We're using the Encyclopedia.
Then we can't use that Goddess quote, they directly contradict each other.
It's one or the other here unfortunately. And I'm unsure if the Encyclopedia is the better option.

@Chariot190

This is the quote from the recent Zelda Encyclopedia.

"When a Skull Kid steals Majora's Mask from a traveling mask salesman, the combination of the Skull Kid's burdened heart and the evil magic within Majora's Mask transforms the world into the land of Termina."

"Termina is a parallel world with its own distinct culture, which is perhaps influenced by Majora's ancient tribe. This land is also inhabited by races and people similar to those found in Hyrule, which were constructed from the Skull Kid's memories and delusions."

Reading this, Majora "transformed" a pre-existing world into the current Termina. He didn't create the world. The Goddesses creating a world that would become Termina still holds true.

I know the current topic is 2-B Goddesses, but I just wanted to quickly point out (Before I forget) that every character that is currently High 6-A should scale to Hylia and Demise. The True Master Sword created in Skyward Sword doesn't randomly change and become weaker in games like Ocarina of Time, it seems like we just made that up for some reason, and as such it should grant the same amount of power in later games it did to SS Link when he fought Demise (Barring obvious times when it explicitly gets depowered like it was for 90% of Wind Waker).

Just wanted to say that before I forgot.

Then we can't use that Goddess quote, they directly contradict each other.
It's one or the other here unfortunately. And I'm unsure if the Encyclopedia is the better option.
They actually don't, if you directly read the encylopedia's statement carefully it says Majora warped the previously existing world into the land of Termina, not that he created it from nothing.

Do we have these quotes in Japanese or a Japanese equivalent?

Nah I own the Encyclopedia, finding it wasn't the issue.
I mean in general, not just for this line but overall, do we have the Japanese scans or the equivalent of them?
What's our stance on using english only quotes for primarily Japanese media? That's my concern right now, if there's a japanese variant of these lines and they say about the same thing then we can skip this issue altogether.

What are the conclusions here so far, and should I call more staff members to participate here?

So far it's pretty much agreed that the Wind Fishs dream is 3-A and that at the very least Full Triforce users, and likely Demise and Hylia scale to it. And now we're currently discussing the Golden Goddesses being 2-B. Calling more staff would be helpful so I think you should call them.

I agree with 3-A.

For 2-B, I guess a possibly could work? Since it's technically "deleted informations" and Encyclopedia seems to contradict it, I wouldn't agree with a straight rating.

I agree with 3-A.

For 2-B, I guess a possibly could work? Since it's technically "deleted informations" and Encyclopedia seems to contradict it, I wouldn't agree with a straight rating.
The Encylopedia never contradicts it, I'm assuming you're going by Majora creating Termina, which isn't what the encylopedia says. It says he warped the previous world into the land of Termina, so he dind't create a new universe, he warped a previous existing universe into a new one, someone used WandaVision as an example but I've never watched it so no opinion regarding that analogy.

Also the info was deleted cause the layout was outdated, and they were making a more simple, interactive version of the website as you can see with the new Zelda.com.
Would you be willing to evaluate this and give input please?
Agree with pretty much everything presented.

The 2-B stuff, is there any indication that the alternate worlds are stated to be different space times? Cause the recent revisions for tier 2 made it clear they need to be alternate timelines for them to be tier 2.

The 2-B stuff, is there any indication that the alternate worlds are stated to be different space times? Cause the recent revisions for tier 2 made it clear they need to be alternate timelines for them to be tier 2.
Are indications of separate time axis' allowed, because realms like the world of the ocean king is a completely separate time flow then the main universe and all of the parallel worlds are compared to that realm.

Also Zelda runs under MWI so it's divergent timelines.

Yes they need to be indicated, otherwise it’s just 3-A scaling. If they’re in anyway shape or form described as timelines or entire space-time continuums then I can see a possibly 2-B, as for the 3-A wind fish I’m ok with that, though why does the manual describe LA as an in between between Zelda 1 and 2?

Yes they need to be indicated, otherwise it’s just 3-A scaling. If they’re in anyway shape or form described as timelines or entire space-time continuums then I can see a possibly 2-B, as for the 3-A wind fish I’m ok with that, though why does the manual describe LA as an in between between Zelda 1 and 2?
Well as I elaborated above, they have separate time axis.

World of the Ocean King has been shown to have time that works differently from the world containing Hyrule. Link and Tetra were in the World of the Ocean King the entire game of Phantom Hourglass, but Niko says they were only on the Ghost Ship for less than 10 minutes. And World of the Ocean King seems to have statements of being "One of those parallel worlds" created by the Golden Goddesses.

Is that ever stated with every single one of those worlds or is it just the ocean king’s world?

I don't think we ask proof of every single world having different space-times tho. Otherwise lots of tier 2 would get downgraded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back