• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MinatoSparkle

He/Him
Hokage ranking is a popular topic, but I wanted to put a spin on it. How about instead of ranking who's overall the strongest, we rank based on speed? The versions I'm referring to are Alive Hashirama/Tobirama, Prime Hiruzen, Alive Minato (you can count SM), Tsunade, Hokage Kakashi, and Adult Naruto.
Greatest Hokage, Naruto to Boruto | Geeks

My ranking would be

1. Naruto - Duh, he's most likely number one even in Base
2. Minato - Consistently implied to be the fastest shinobi ever, with a myriad of insane speed feats, and SM just for the icing on the cake
3. Prime Hiruzen - This is probably my most controversial pick. This isn't just because of the vague statement about him surpassing Tobirama in the databook. As an edo he displayed better feats, having relative Shunshin, somewhat reacting to Juubito enough that only his shoulder was pierced while Tobirama was cut in half (call it a plan but it's likely Tobirama just thought quickly on the spot, and he still wasn't able to dodge), and outspeeding Tobirama to save Naruto
4. Tobirama - Considered the fastest of his era. Had great feats against an offguard Juubito. Easily outperformed MKCM Naruto, EMS Sasuke, and Dazed KCM2 Minato who was also displayed as faster than the MCs
5. Hashirama - Relative to Madara who as an Edo fought KCM2 Naruto. Also reacted to a Bijuudama fired at him in Base.
6. Kakashi - Superior (at least in movement speed) to his War Arc counterpart, who comfortably kept pace with V2 Jinchuriki, 6 Gates Guy, and KCM Naruto. Also warped a moving KCM2 Naruto clone and kept up with Rinnegan Obito in cqc although you could chalk that up to Obito letting him.
7. Tsunade - I feel like she's a rather obvious pick for bottom spot. She's mostly known for her physical strength, not her speed. Although to her credit, she did land a hit on Edo Madara's Susanoo clone, and intercepted a fire style attack from him before Mei could.

I know there's a lot of controversy for Prime Hiruzen; especially considering Hashirama also used to be a lot stronger. And being Madara's equal is also quite an achievement.

I always viewed Minato and Tobirama's speed came from the Flying Raijin which really isn't speed but teleportation.

You could make a case for Minato being above Hashirama in speed through the fact he was able to tag Juubito tho

I always viewed Minato and Tobirama's speed came from the Flying Raijin which really isn't speed but teleportation.

You could make a case for Minato being above Hashirama in speed through the fact he was able to tag Juubito tho
I mean
Was Minato's teleportation jutsu better or worse than Tobirama's? - Quora

Minato used Shunshin (movement speed) to get to the battlefield far faster than the other Hokage. So much faster in fact that he had time to go dozens of miles (if not hundreds considering the size of the Juubidama's explosion) out to the sea and set a kunai there then come back and blitz around the battlefield, spreading 4 kunai around a very large area for the four crimson ray formation, go to and teleport the Juubidama, make a flashy entrance and hold a whole conversation before the others set foot there. Seems pretty fast without the need for FTG.

Right after specifically demonstrating a movement speed feat, Kakashi thought of KCM2 Naruto as Minato.
3.jpg

Minato's attack speed is half as fast as Juubidara's
Naruto Chapter 665 Page 11
Naruto Chapter 665 Page 12

Plus Tobirama's shadow clone reached a TSO with Shunshin before it exploded
Naruto Chapter 641 Page 1

And Madara straight up said Tobirama was faster than him and Hashirama

And Tobirama was fast enough to place paper bombs on Juubito while being attacked
Naruto Chapter 639 Page 2

Besides, FTG can only be brought to its full potential when you have the reaction speed to go with it, like Minato and Tobirama do
main-qimg-9f268c453c3d46b2984466376c28a63b
How badly would Madara wreck Tobirama if they got into a fight? - Quora

Last edited:
Prime Hiruzen really doesn't have any feats
sure he was stated to be the strongest in part 1 but a ton of stuff from back then got changed
3. Prime Hiruzen - This is probably my most controversial pick. This isn't just because of the vague statement about him surpassing Tobirama in the databook. As an edo he displayed better feats, having relative Shunshin, somewhat reacting to Juubito enough that only his shoulder was pierced while Tobirama was cut in half (call it a plan but it's likely Tobirama just thought quickly on the spot, and he still wasn't able to dodge), and outspeeding Tobirama to save Naruto

Wasn't he stated like the fastest ninja ever? And he was even faster than madara and could even keep up with juubito and stuff. I think that minato is only faster in the fhunder god technique not in real speed.
main-qimg-d549e526e8e137d1e42efca45c325c0d

Minato: greatest in god-like speed
Tobirama: used to boast the fastest speed of any shinobi
Seems pretty clear what the series is trying to imply, Tobirama was the fastest until that title was snatched up

Actually no, in real movement speed Minato was faster too
main-qimg-85a598b2d19a9daa274c8d7617d7362c-mzj

This scan shows KCM Minato, but Hiruzen asks if he's already placed his markers, implying Minato had struck prior to entering the form this page, and Tobirama commented with an impressed smile that Minato's striking is quick
main-qimg-d3425ee576826a6264d254e56034e7ec-mzj

And reaction speed...
main-qimg-9f268c453c3d46b2984466376c28a63b

My rating goes:
1: Naruto
2: minato
3 :tobirama
4: prime hiruzen( nothing really contradicts his prime being above hashirama really)
5: hashirama
6: kakashi
7: tsunade

My rating goes:
1: Naruto
2: minato
3 :tobirama
4: prime hiruzen( nothing really contradicts his prime being above hashirama really)
5: hashirama
6: kakashi
7: tsunade
Why Tobirama>Hiruzen?

Actually it was stated Hashirama was the strongest shinobi.

Why Tobirama>Hiruzen?

Actually it was stated Hashirama was the strongest shinobi.
speed and strength aren`t the same in naruto, tobirama got more speed feats and statements , i do not know aboult this statement about hashirama being the strongest shinobi can you link it ?

speed and strength aren`t the same in naruto, tobirama got more speed feats and statements , i do not know aboult this statement about hashirama being the strongest shinobi can you link it ?
So why did Hiruzen blitz Tobirama to the God Tree and react to Juubito arguably better than him?

AmitDS on Twitter: "She has more chakra because she doesn't use any to keep  her body young BUT Tsunade's regen is w/o weaving signs. The 4th db stated  that she combined the
Who would win, SM Alive Madara (with no wood style) or Edo tensei SM  Hashirama? - Quora

(all are extremely fast)
6. Tsunade
5. Hashirama
4. Minato
3. Tobirama
2. Kakashi
1. Naruto
(I ain’t doing Hiruzen)
All? I wouldn't say Tsunade is extremely fast. And wow, Minato in the bottom half of a speed list, not something you see every day. I guess you've read my arguments for Minato>Tobirama and just don't find them very convincing?

I can get Boruto Era Kakashi being 2nd, but Hokage Kakashi doesn't have any speed feats putting him that high. His best speed assertion is low diffing Ay, which would only put him at 5th or 4th at best.

Back