• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How to understand most of the forum? (New to this)

I know the tiering system and stuff but the language sometimes confuses me. It is like moving to a different region in your country and they all speak different slang language. I want to be apart of this community but I think I am not nerdy and knowledgeable for this stuff.

which part do you struggle to understand? i struggled with tier 11 and 1 when i first arrived here

So just to clarify you're in the Fanfiction/Original Characters (FC/OC Wiki) section of the the forum. Given what I'm about to get into you might've been intending to post this somewhere else but I hope I can help.

There are 3 main sections of the forum dedicated to 3 different stat wikis. Each with their own subsections like Discussions, VS Debate Threads, and Q&A Threads:
Vs Battle Wiki - Where purely Official Characters are discussed.
Joke Battle Wiki - Where characters or profiles made for the sake of being humorous are discussed.
FC/OC Battle Wiki - Where Fanfiction and Original Characters are discussed. (This is where this thread was posted btw.)

As for the tiering system I would spend some time looking over the Attack Potency, Durability, Tier System, and other similar pages on Vs Battle Wiki, as they break down into great detail how a character is tiered, what those statistics mean and whats used to come to that conclusion.

Last edited:
Gonna follow up on this a bit, I see you've tried making VS Threads before and they didn't maybe garner attention.
Before the wikis moved to using this forum I believe there was a standard layout for VS Threads, but I can't seem to find it.
I will do what I can to explain how to go about making those threads, just so I can cover all my bases.
  1. First make sure the match isn't a stomp or mismatch. The latter being a deviation of the formers definition where neither are able to properly take out, or even interact with the other. If you're unsure if a match is a stomp or not I would suggest messaging one of the verses supporters, that are listed on that verses supporter section.
  2. This is where will suggest going over the Versus Thread Rules page extremely carefully.
  3. Next is making the OP (Original Post) here on the forum. I'll be drawing from my own and totally not use this chance to promote it. ongoing thread as an example of how personally I believe a good, fun OP should be structured.
  4. With all that said, click on the sandbox area at the top of the page, that will take you to a section of the site that will let you mess around with and save drafts that you can post when you're ready.
  5. Now we can begin editing the OP. Getting into subjectively important content, I try to write backstories where ever possible or at least start the thread with a bit of flavor text. This is just purely for fun, but I think it looks better in hindsight.
  6. Next is detailing the fights specifics, as mentioned in Versus Thread Rules, it's important to layout the following in an easily digestible manner. These are important to cover, and should the OP not then Standard Battle Assumptions will be assumed.
    1. What forms are being used.
    2. What equipment is allowed (Where possible).
    3. What restrictions are in place (If possible).
    4. Where the fight takes place.
    5. The starting distance between combatants.
    6. Whether or not a Character/Group of Characters are Bloodlusted.
    7. Whether or not Either Character/Team is allowed specific time for Preparation prior to the fight as well as the time frame.
    8. Whether or not Either Character/Team is allowed Prior Knowledge on their opponent's abilities. This is all or nothing.
    9. Whether or not Speed is Equalized.
  7. Next thing I'll cover is score tally, and this should be pretty self explanatory, its on you to keep track of the votes for whichever side in your thread as only you or mods can edit the OP. 1 tally for each character and votes that are inconclusive.
  8. Finally we'll go over advanced formatting. When making a post, be it one thats an OP or a reply to a thread you'll notice the tool bar at the top. That tool bar allows you to edit the text/formatting of your post to include images, alter text color/size, and more importantly hyperlinking.
    1. Hyperlinking is when you embed a clickable link within a word or phrase. You'll want to make sure that you use a hyperlink in your OP to link to the profiles on the wiki of the characters you're using here. Highlight the word or phrase you want to insert a Hyperlink into then use the Insert Link tool on the toolbar to apply it.
I think I'll cut it off here, as thats really the gist of it, and it'd probably be best to say you should try messing around in the sandbox on your own for everything else formatwise. Also made this tl;dr just so I have something to fallback on for new posters asking this question.

Last edited:
Back