• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How to tier when a character generates a multiple but unspecified magnitude earthquakes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same as above.

These were the earthquakes

Translation

Intensifying the activity of demon in swarming earthquakes.
There were countless signs, including large and small.

Last edited:
I believe it's possible to tell the magnitude based on the destruction or level of rumbling it produces from the epicenter, you can see here for more details!

I believe it's possible to tell the magnitude based on the destruction or level of rumbling it produces from the epicenter, you can see here for more details!
Unfortunately the earthquake wasn't in a city but rather in a forest.

And the characters only say '' wow really HUGE earthquake "

There wasn't specified the damage

Unfortunately the earthquake wasn't in a city but rather in a forest.

And the characters only say '' wow really HUGE earthquake "

There wasn't specified the damage
If it can clearly be felt outdoors, that is a IV to V on the mercalli scale. That can be converted into a Richter Magnitude in the way the Earthquake Calculations page describes.
If the person in question, for example, were right at the epicenter this would be an earthquake of Richter Magnitude 4 to 5, which correspond to City Block level to Multi-City Block level AP.

If it can clearly be felt outdoors, that is a IV to V on the mercalli scale. That can be converted into a Richter Magnitude in the way the Earthquake Calculations page describes.
If the person in question, for example, were right at the epicenter this would be an earthquake of Richter Magnitude 4 to 5, which correspond to City Block level to Multi-City Block level AP.
These were the earthquakes

Translation

Intensifying the activity of demon in swarming earthquakes.
There were countless signs, including large and small.

Last edited:
If the earthquakes were caused by many demons, you would need to divide the result by their numbers. Although, from the quote, I'm not quite sure what is actually causing them.

If the earthquakes were caused by many demons, you would need to divide the result by their numbers. Although, from the quote, I'm not quite sure what is actually causing them.
The truth is that it was actually Godzilla who caused the earthquakes, they call him a demon on various occasions.

I think that DontTalk makes sense as usual. Thank you for helping out.

I think that DontTalk makes sense as usual. Thank you for helping out.
Ok

Before close this... I wrote this justification:

Shin Godzilla generated multiple earthquakes across a forest, that were described as to being really big in nature. As the heroes of the game were right at the epicenter this would be an earthquake of Richter Magnitude 4 to 5.

Thoughts?

I do not know.

You can check our earthquake chart descriptions if you wish.

I do not know.

You can check our earthquake chart descriptions if you wish.
I'm not good with math formulas..

I mean in this case Shin Godzilla generated multiple earthquakes on a across a forest

If it can clearly be felt outdoors, that is a IV to V on the mercalli scale

If we use the smallest forest in the world as low-end we have to use 25 Acres or 0,101171 km2

5+0.0238x0,101171=5.0 Richter Magnitude of Earthquake

or Multi-City Block level

See here:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back