• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How to calc.

Lonkitt

He/Him
VS Battles
Retired
So, I know there are pages on this stuff, but it's pretty hard to follow. Same with pixel measurements since I got no idea how coverting to real size works. I wanted to know if I could get any rundowns on explosion and destruction feats. If would very helpful. Thanks.

Here , here , andhere for explosions.

You can find help on calculations if you go to Guidelines -} Policies. There's a lot of good stuff there.

Also, pixel measurements work by knowing something's real size. For example, in a reccent calc I did with pixel measurements, I used Mr. Incredible's canonical height of 200 cm and in-video height of 372 pixels to scale up to everything in the area. When you have measurements like that, divide the real height by the pixel height (200/372) and you get the width of a pixel in centimeters. Using that, you can measure everything in frame, and scale up to almost anything in the area.

Crimson Azoth said:
Here , here , andhere for explosions.
You can find help on calculations if you go to Guidelines -} Policies. There's a lot of good stuff there.

Also, pixel measurements work by knowing something's real size. For example, in a reccent calc I did with pixel measurements, I used Mr. Incredible's canonical height of 200 cm and in-video height of 372 pixels to scale up to everything in the area. When you have measurements like that, divide the real height by the pixel height (200/372) and you get the width of a pixel in centimeters. Using that, you can measure everything in frame, and scale up to almost anything in the area.
How do you get the specific pixel measurements?

Take a screenshot, then open it in Preview. Once you are there, click and drag. You will be able to create a square or line, and as long as you keep the mouse/trackpad held down, it will consistantly display the pixel measurements. If it's a square, and you are trying to create a diagonal line, use Pythagouras' Therom to find the hypotenus.

Also, please be careful when quoting walls of text? Soldier Blue has been known to rain firey vengance down upon those who quote walls. And I know who you are talking to, there's no one else here.

Oh right. Yeah, that quoting is pretty pointless for me to do.

You can also use a Chrome extension called Page Ruler, or an app called PaintDotNet (that's pretty system-heavy, so you better have a beast of a PC if you wanna use that) for more precise measurements. Personally, I've never had a problem with Preview though, however I will use Page Ruler if I have to make a lot of calcs back and forth, as PR is slightly more precise.

Back