• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How much impact durability does a character get from surviving the core of the sun?

I've seen some of the threads on durability of being inside the core of the sun, but the calculations only ever use the heat radiation and conduction. What is, however, the durability gained through surviving the pressures of the sun? What durability do we give a character who can stand in the bottom of the ocean with no protective equipment, besides the lifting strength necessary to stand?

Basically, how do pressure resisting feats translate into durability?

It is 8-A levels of heat capacity; though heat capacity may not always scale to blunt force trauma after some revisions go over that.

It is 8-A levels of heat capacity; though heat capacity may not always scale to blunt force trauma after some revisions go over that.
It isn't just due to heat, it is due to insane amounts of pressure as well (Pressure was a key factor in that 8-A calc), which is... well, blunt-force trauma.

And yeah, DontTalkDT was eventually going to make a thread about this topic but seems like he is still busy.

8-A+ is actually the Thermal equilibrium of an average human body being heated to 15 million degrees Celsius. There their is still Tier 8 levels of blunt force trauma and one needs to withstand the gravity of the sun's core too.

8-A+ is actually the Thermal equilibrium of an average human body being heated to 15 million degrees Celsius. There their is still Tier 8 levels of blunt force trauma and one needs to withstand the gravity of the sun's core too.
yeah something like that.

Oh, so there will be a doc on this soon?
I wonder if when adding it all together it scratches Tier 7.

Anyway, I think you most likely have gotten your answer, until DontTalk's heat revisions arrive (And even then I'm pretty sure not much will change since a crapton of verses use universal power sources), we'll treat surviving at the core of the Sun as high-end 8-A.

Back