• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How many Newton’s are needed to break an arm

Mapl3Sy4up

Username Only
That’s it. Title says it all. Though I need this in terms of compressive strength (breaking it via grip)

I imagine it depends on how much of the arm is broken. If the entire arm is broken, as in every inch of the bone is completely shattered, you can take the surface area of the bone, and multiply it by the compressive strength of bone. If it only broke in the areas the person's hand was on, you can probably use the surface area of the hand for the parts that were broken, albeit that wouldn't be entirely accurate.

The latter is far easier to get, and the former is harder. Upon a basic google search, I can tell you I'm not getting many results for the surface area of an arm bone. If I were to get that though, calculating the lifting strength needed to crush it would be doable.

I imagine it depends on how much of the arm is broken. If the entire arm is broken, as in every inch of the bone is completely shattered, you can take the surface area of the bone, and multiply it by the compressive strength of bone. If it only broke in the areas the person's hand was on, you can probably use the surface area of the hand for the parts that were broken, albeit that wouldn't be entirely accurate.

The latter is far easier to get, and the former is harder. Upon a basic google search, I can tell you I'm not getting many results for the surface area of an arm bone. If I were to get that though, calculating the lifting strength needed to crush it would be doable.
Oh I just need the forearm I might get the surface area by being more specific on the actual bone names? Edit: wait rereading your question yeah only the area his hand was on broke thank you

So the average surface area of the male hand is 448 cm2, so how would the equation go here?

Is it like multiplying the 170 Mpa by 77.85 and then putting that from Mpa to Newton’s or is it division?

You multiply the MPa value with the surface area to get your Newton value, yes.

You multiply the MPa value with the surface area to get your Newton value, yes.
so 170 Mpa x 77.85cm^2 is 13720Mpa per cm^2 so do I just translate that to Newtons?
That’s 1372000 Newton’s or 137.2 tons of force? So this character gets class K? It’s the Sony Morbus I will make a God of 8-C out of this trash tier movie

Last edited:
so 170 Mpa x 77.85cm^2 is 13720Mpa per cm^2 so do I just translate that to Newtons?
That’s 1372000 Newton’s or 137.2 tons of force? So this character gets class K? It’s the Sony Morbus I will make a God of 8-C out of this trash tier movie
Depends upon the angle of impact of attack. If the hand was reduced to bloody bits however, maybe. Simply bone-cracking requires a lot less force, prolly 300-500 psi I'd reckon.

Depends upon the angle of impact of attack. If the hand was reduced to bloody bits however, maybe.
Nah it wasn’t, it was a very casual “here Lemme just break the bones in your forearm for you” but iirc it was a very awkward grab

Nah it wasn’t, it was a very casual “here Lemme just break the bones in your forearm for you” but iirc it was a very awkward grab
Then the force could be nerfed considerably

Worse. To Peak Human to Class 1.
Wait so Your telling me a Class K feat if done casually instead of smashing it to bits (which was done because Morbius didn’t want to kill people at this point) gets millions of times weaker?

Wait so Your telling me a Class K feat if done casually instead of smashing it to bits (which was done because Morbius didn’t want to kill people at this point) gets millions of times weaker?
No what I am saying is, for the feat to be Class K, there needs to be evidence that the hand was reduced to a bloody mess with splinters of blood and bone flying all over, casual or not.

Last edited:
No what I am saying is, for the feat to be Class K, there needs to be evidence that the hand was reduced to a bloody mess with splinters of blood and bone flying all over, casual or not.
Ah ok. there wasn’t blood and bone going everywhere, it was just a grab and then crunch so I'm assuming the total has to be divided by something? Or is it just an entirely different way of calculating it?
also how do the throwing feats work? Like I've seen people use throwing things as a way to get a LS value. How's that work

Last edited:
Ah ok. there was blood and bone going everywhere, it was just a grab and then crunch so I'm assuming the total has to be divided by something? Or is it just an entirely different way of calculating it?
Can I see the clip?

also how do the throwing feats work? Like I've seen people use throwing things as a way to get a LS value. How's that work
F= ma.

You need to find the difference between final velocity and initial velocity then divide it by time taken to get acceleration. Then you multiply mass with said acceleration.

F= ma.

You need to find the difference between final velocity and initial velocity then divide it by time taken to get acceleration. Then you multiply mass with said acceleration.
can I use people for this?

Back