• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How injured can a character be after an attack for it to be considered durability?

Say Character A took a hit from Character B, and didn't get killed. Would Character B's AP scale to Character A's durability in each of the following scenarios:

a) There is no visible injury on Character A.

b) There are several small cuts (no more than 3cm long) on Character A.

c) The area on Character A's body that Character B attacked turned purple.

d) Character A's bone that Character B hit broke.

e) Character A was knocked out by the attack.

f) One of Character A's fingers was chopped off.

g) Character A's hand was chopped off.

h) Character A's entire arm was chopped off.

i) Character A's body was completely pulverized, but he quickly regenerated.

And another question. Say Character A's durability is 5 times Character B's AP. Will Character B be able to damage Character A if he does 20 attacks in a second?

a) Below character's A durability, but rather than visibly, is to not have been received any kind of injury, external or internal.

b) Below character's A durability only if an direct attack from a bladed weapon only caused a small cut, if the character only received a cut just cuz the attack barely touched doesn't count.

c) Around character's A durability.

d) Above character's A durability, as one doesn't stand broken bones that much.

e) Above character's A durability, unless the attack was aimed to the head, in whose case attacs around or even below character's A durability can still peoduce these results.

f) Considerable above character's A durability.

g) Considerable above character's A durability.

h) Considerable above character's A durability.

i) Way above character's A durability, Regenerationn is unrelated to durability.

In this wiki, the gap for one-shot is x7.5, but is only for vsmatches purposes; as for how much difference between durability and AP is needed to no sell to attack, I think is unknown, but I believe any number given to it would be arbitrary. Attacking several times do not compensate the AP/Durability gap, but if it causes notable damage, even if small, will eventually defeat the one with higher durability.

I think attacking several times can compensate for the AP/Durability gap. For example, a laser is made of many, many photons, and each photon only carries little energy. But because of how many photons there are, a laser can be very powerful.

So the power (energy/time) that a character can generate is also important. With equal AP and durability, the one that attacks faster usually wins. But if one character can defeat the other before needing to rest or recharge, power doesn't matter that much.

If a character A have X AP, an another one have feat of no selling against X AP (at least from the same kind of attack, like contundent or piercing for example), then doesn't matter how many times or how fast character A strikes the other, is never going to damage it (although it doesn't means that it can't push it, depends of the Lifting Strength and weight of both characters).

I unknown exactly the mechnaics of lasers, but either way, if a laser have shown to have X AP then it means it can damage beings with X durability.

A laser is a beam of an enormous amount of photons, abd each photon doesn't carry much energy at all, so it's equivalent to a lot of low-energy attacks thrown incredibly rapidly. Then if you can do it with photons, why can't you do it with physical attacks?

Damage is not accumulative, try to pierce a steel plate with a needle, no matter how fast or many times you try to pierce it, its never going to do something to the plate.

You can cut a steel plate with laser, and I suppose you can cut it with a needle if you hit it an septillion times each second, and the needle doesn't break.

Lasers generally attack with variable levels of heat, so they aren't all the same in terms of AP, few can cut through metal plates, whenever others can't burn through cloths.

When you hit the steel plate with a needle, you cause its molecules to change position a tiny bit. They will quickly bounce back because of the steel plate's elasticity, but if you hit it fast enough so that it doesn't have time to fully bounce back, you'll start bending it and eventually breaking it.

Back