• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How do you use fandom?

Depends on what you wanna do but I'll crap out a tl;dr anyways.

This is in Fanfiction/Original characters forums sub section so I'm assuming you want to create a profile for a non copyrighted character or learn more about making pages on this wiki. If this isn't the case and you want to work on something like Goku/Naruto/DC/Marvel or other official characters then you're in the wrong subforum.

Before doing anything I would highly recommend reading the rules that are on the FC/OC Wiki's main page. I should note that the site recently did a purge/mass deletion of all its "Tier 1/0" characters. irregardless of that I would highly recommend avoiding working on pages that are purely strong for the sake of being strong, but thats getting a bit ahead of myself.

Getting on to editing and creating pages we have a template page that you can copy to start working on or to get a better idea of how page edits are done.

When editing or creating a new page you'll be presented with an editing layout that should look something like this.

This is editing mode, specifically I've opened up Visual Editor on the "Blackjack (Project Horizons)" page.

There are 2 editing styles available to use, Visual Editor (the one fandom defaults to.), and Source Editor.

Below is the same page when opened in Source Editor, which you switch to with the top right toggle I've highlighted.

It's universally recommended that you learn how edit pages in Source Editor. The default Visual Editor is extremely limited in what it can do with regards to more complex pages (Like that Blackjack page.). The layout of the template page was purposely designed to make learning how source editing a bit less intimidating.

Now about making a new page or editing pre-existing pages.

When you're starting work on a new page don't just make a new page and label it as a WIP or Work in Progress. It'll more than likely get deleted as time goes on.

Instead what you'll want to do is open a Sandbox. To cut to the chase, a sandbox is a non indexed user page that doesn't get treated as an article, where in you can mess around with edits to your hearts desire.

To make a Sandbox all you have to do is enter the following link into your browser, replace [YOUR FANDOM USERNAME GOES HERE] with whatever your fandom username is:

https://fcoc-vs-battles.fandom.com/wiki/User:[YOUR FANDOM USERNAME GOES HERE]/Sandbox

Once there feel free to edit it to your heart's content.

As for preexisting content, it's a general rule that you shouldn't be touching OC pages that you didn't create. That's just plain rude after all. A similar notion also applies for Fanfiction pages though to a lesser extent in certain contexts.

Now I'm not gonna go over everything else here, it would take too long and I just don't have the time. If you want to start editing, I'd highly recommend following the template, and creating a sandbox to mess around with and learn the basics.

T
Depends on what you wanna do but I'll crap out a tl;dr anyways.

This is in Fanfiction/Original characters forums sub section so I'm assuming you want to create a profile for a non copyrighted character or learn more about making pages on this wiki. If this isn't the case and you want to work on something like Goku/Naruto/DC/Marvel or other official characters then you're in the wrong subforum.

Before doing anything I would highly recommend reading the rules that are on the FC/OC Wiki's main page. I should note that the site recently did a purge/mass deletion of all its "Tier 1/0" characters. irregardless of that I would highly recommend avoiding working on pages that are purely strong for the sake of being strong, but thats getting a bit ahead of myself.

Getting on to editing and creating pages we have a template page that you can copy to start working on or to get a better idea of how page edits are done.

When editing or creating a new page you'll be presented with an editing layout that should look something like this.

This is editing mode, specifically I've opened up Visual Editor on the "Blackjack (Project Horizons)" page.

There are 2 editing styles available to use, Visual Editor (the one fandom defaults to.), and Source Editor.

Below is the same page when opened in Source Editor, which you switch to with the top right toggle I've highlighted.

It's universally recommended that you learn how edit pages in Source Editor. The default Visual Editor is extremely limited in what it can do with regards to more complex pages (Like that Blackjack page.). The layout of the template page was purposely designed to make learning how source editing a bit less intimidating.

Now about making a new page or editing pre-existing pages.

When you're starting work on a new page don't just make a new page and label it as a WIP or Work in Progress. It'll more than likely get deleted as time goes on.

Instead what you'll want to do is open a Sandbox. To cut to the chase, a sandbox is a non indexed user page that doesn't get treated as an article, where in you can mess around with edits to your hearts desire.

To make a Sandbox all you have to do is enter the following link into your browser, replace [YOUR FANDOM USERNAME GOES HERE] with whatever your fandom username is:

https://fcoc-vs-battles.fandom.com/wiki/User:[YOUR FANDOM USERNAME GOES HERE]/Sandbox

Once there feel free to edit it to your heart's content.

As for preexisting content, it's a general rule that you shouldn't be touching OC pages that you didn't create. That's just plain rude after all. A similar notion also applies for Fanfiction pages though to a lesser extent in certain contexts.

Now I'm not gonna go over everything else here, it would take too long and I just don't have the time. If you want to start editing, I'd highly recommend following the template, and creating a sandbox to mess around with and learn the basics.
Thank you; I worked on my first oc page; May I have some feedback? https://fcoc-vs-battles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Uzukeas/Akeno_Nerus(WIP)

Back