• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How do I put this succubus race into a character's profile?

So, I've been writing a species for some of my OCs, as well as writing an entire verse which will within a few months or couple of years result in a partial rewrite of my Anna Abramovna Bystrova character, but she won't become a succubus and for now this new species in only being used in a Hunter x Hunter FC of mine.

Well, here it goes. It's a somewhat f*cked up concept that may be disturbing, so read only if you're okay with that.

I've made a race of Succubi and Incubi, but not the demon type. Rather, I created my own type of Incubi/Succubi race which has gained the ability to extract nearly all energy needed for their metabolism from the libido of sexual activity to which a human partner consents (human libido has to be released on them and that sexual energy cannot be extracted without the human's desires. However, the incubus/succubus may still be fed from being harassed or abused). They only require food for their anabolism, that is, the nutrients that build their bodies.

This has led them to adapt by developing a slow (albeit still faster than human) healing factor which can grow back limbs that are lost and revert almost any damage which doesn't kill them, as well as to a certain extent change their appearance to more closely match the idealized looks for a male/female of the society they're mixed in, along with being able to suffer a drug's effects but require a much higher dose to suffer an overdose or die than a human would.

They also have a scent which once felt by a human will generate psychosomatic effects similar to that of an aphrodisiac, even accelerating the human's metabolism so that they may release more libido during sexual activity and be able to reach ****** more than once before needing rest. It is also slightly inebriant, but not enough that it may be used so that a person will consent to sex when they normally wouldn't, although it may make them go further than they normally would.

It is not the substance of their scent that creates this effect, but the very quale which is exciting and sexy, and therefore the scent is typically pleasant to whoever feels it. Being a psychological effect, however, it is perfectly possible to resist it. Not abusers themselves, incubi and succubi do suffer abuse far more often than humans. It is not to say that anyone can become a molester in presence of an incubus or succubus, but someone more impulsive with an already below average character may harass them when they normally would not commit such an act.

This led them to develop their healing factor as well as psychological adaptations not to be incapacitated by trauma, which could easily lead to their death. They are less sensible to sexual violence in general and specifically it, as well as more psychologically resilient and capable of more quickly and certainly recovering from any trauma that does occur, meaning that psychologically debilitating them through sexual violence alone — with no emotional or physical added component — is extremely difficult, at least in such a way that it may last long enough for them to die.

This does come with a tradeoff: animals which aren't social animals may be psychologically traumatized by the loss of relatives but not by sexual abuse, but social animals tie intimacy to their self-esteem and even their very identity, which means that by being less sensible to sexual harassment and violence the incubi and succubi also tend to struggle to form intimate relationships and more often become shallow and manipulative people. Besides, while they do not get easily traumatized by assaults, it can still ruin their days: by definition, something which one does not want is unpleasant and they are not exactly okay with having their wills ignored by others, they just tolerate it better when kept mild.

They do, however, still have enough empathy to be united, and since they understand the human mind, they keep themselves hidden from society through a masquerade that infiltrates itself on many governments and large companies. This is to avoid the potentially great negative consequences to themselves and even to the very humans who would get to know of their existence. They typically concentrate in more stable and liberal countries in which they can feed themselves more consistently and with a lessened risk of persecution.

Succubi and incubi live up to three times as long as a human. Their bodies initially develop at the same rate, but once they reach puberty their growth slows down slightly and aging slows down drastically. Their aging remains nigh-unnoticeable until only a few years before their death, when it suddenly speeds up and they die. It is at puberty when they become discernible from humans in every aspect: before it, they eat and think like humans.

Rare occasions where a child develops their discerning qualities before puberty usually result in them being taken care of by religious leaders, although this is only a tiny minority of births. Incubi and succubi are almost always pansexual or bisexual, followed by heterosexuality in second place. Homosexuality and asexuality are insanely rare among them.

So, how would I write this race into a character profile for this wiki? For example, the powers and abilities this would become or even what section in which to describe them. Should I write a race profile and shove it all there? If so, how?

This race isn't exactly likely to become a part of my main verse, since it contains a lot of problems, not in the design exactly but in the concept, as you may have noticed while reading it... At least, I'm not sure I want it in my main work.

Hmm,

Perhaps you could attempt to add them as a "lore-only" species and not have them interact with major characters -- that is, if you don't wish to include them in the main story.

Best Regards,

ExerciseDancefloors

My question is about character profiles here in the wiki, not exactly counceling on how to add them to my story xD

But thanks for the idea.

Why not create a Powers page?

"Succubus/Incubus Characteristics and/or Physiology"

You could also a page specifically for the species; when I first started out here I created a planet and added my own statistics to it. Granted, that page has long since been deleted due to a previous ban around two years ago.

Back