• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Homestuck revisions: Let's talk about everything but the thing everyone is talking about

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuasiYuri

They/Them
VS Battles
Retired
Originally intended to do these with Hiveswap's revisions (including Act 2), but I don't really want to do a revision who would spoil the game as fast as it's out, and enjoying it without collecting feats is just better.

So let's do everything but Hiveswap.

Hey, let's have some clean up​

We cleaned up trolls, now let's do the rest.

There is some minor stuff to fix MSPAR and John's retcon key, like the lack of ")" on fate hax and an extra "," on causa hax.

Hussies's striking strenght isn't in bold.

Dave has a space too much for one ability, Davesprite miss some commas.

Roxy's profile lacks a space in one of her rating.

Double ")" on Dirk's profile

Dad justification as Cans called "Can", his intelligence section is also nearly non-existent.

Bro's P&A could have a more aesthetic order (like having martial arts first with Superhuman physical stuff and swordmanship).

Same for Bec. Also should lost the fusing weakness since Becsprite isn't part of his profile.

GCat as guardian miswritten. Also same as Bec.

"Snowman is never damaged" is bad grammar. "never was damaged" is good one.

MSPAR lacks some "(" ")" and comma.

Justifications n stuff adjustement​

Grimdark Rose has no reason to scale to GT Dave, so it should be removed.

Emerging from the Green Sun isn't a feat for GT Dave, since he was kinda dead and his body was starting to become a GT. Also because of Green Sun now being OP.

Jade's weakness of being suceptible to Mind Control isn't one. She doesn't resist it to begin with. I guess we can add a weakness of her being suceptible to animal-based attacks tho (animal manipulation, mind control on them, etc...).

Jane isn't emotionnally weak, the scene it's based on is when Caliborn is talking about her being fat, which in context is after her being mad and sad because of Jake being Jake and her Dad being dead (or so she thinks at the time).

Dirk's Immeasurable justification is about transcending, it should be changed like the others

Calliope need intelligence for her Alt GT self too

Bec Noir and PM's justification of stamina should be changed. Limitless should only be given with statement of it, instead having something like "Godly" or whatever.

Black King need the spatial manipulation Jack has (he has the same scepter), "kill all trolls" isn't death manipulation AT ALL and his whole page is a mess in itself.

Changing names of pages​

Dad Egbert should be "Dad (Homestuck)", since it's a profile covering both Egbert and Crocker.

Bro should be "Bro Strider"; since well, there's some characters which truly just are called "Bro" and all.

Pictures change​

Andrew Hussie may need a better picture? I mean the current one isn't even Andrew, it's a fake Andrew put by the character.

If someone can get a render of First Guardian MSPAR it would be pretty cool

Changing verse page​

This change is 100% aesthetic.

I just think it would be cooler to have the verse page arranged so that it looks like the Umineko or Danganronpa ones.

We could make stuff like just having "Humans" or "Trolls" category with a tabber for "beta kids, alpha kids, others" / "A2 trolls", "A1 trolls", "Hiveswap" (tho A1 trolls would be like 1 troll only).

Idk just think it would be better looking.

Also maybe having a better "power of the verse" description? Some things are still wrong (beyond dimensionnal glitches aren't 100% right, they were corrupting but gradually) and it's really just 2-A and above which are described.

Limited Precog for Retcon Powers?​

So Thelastmlg said that MSPA should have Precognition based on him knowing that an explosion would happen.

While I would say that it could be because of them remembering he read HS by bit if it was a one-occasion feat, MSPAR was stated to have some sort of "Zap Sense", making him know what to do by moment.

This Precog obviously isn't constant since otherwise MSPAR would just never die from being dumb, however I think it should be enough to get a "Limited Precognition" for them and John.

Trickster Mode changes​

So I think Jane should lost her Trickster mode key. Trickster Mode is just a transformation which can be done by anyone licking the lolipop (?) Juju and reverts after some time, as shown in Homestuck and Epilogues.

Also I'm pretty sure making life flourish on a planet is range and never has been AP, even environnemental destruction. Nor is it striking strength.

As such the key should be removed and she should just get a tabber for her normal abilties and one for Trickster mode in her P&A (actually doing a tabber for all GT would also be a good thing).

Aranea "healing" timeline​

Aranea has this "possible Reality Warping and/or Time Manipulation (Believed she could use her powers to turn a doomed timeline into the Alpha timeline)"

I think it should be changed to be "possibly Fate Manipulation", since turning a doomed timeline into an Alpha one litteraly mean trying to go against Paradox Space and Lord English's inevitability stuff. And not dooming everyone too.

Causality Manipulation for Transcendance Path dudes + an addition to the type 5​

So I replayed Friendsim to have every trolls in mind for Act 2 and I realized that we had Meta-Rivers implied prior to Pesterquest.

In Nihkee route (bad ending) MSPAR is ejected from her house, trains with Stelsa etc...

Then when going to Nihkee's house to shows how ripped he became, he instead decides to blitzes his chakras and see what would result (he litteraly see in the infinity of timelines and it's not just him being delusional since these bad endings happened).

In this scene, it says that causality is a river and including all timelines . Meta-Rivers already are litteral fate and plots so it wouldn't be weird to include this.

As such, the justification of type 5 should add that Rivers are litteraly causality too and they should get Causality Manipulation from the same reasonning as the others abilities.

Acausality type 5 for dudes above Transcendance Path ones​

Dudes even above the Transcendance Path ones should just get it since they're also above all meta-rivers, which also means Lord English is OPer.

It's basically like Umineko with type 5 Meta-Beings.

Not much to say here. Their justification already covers half of this anyway.

Conclusion​

So basically here's a summary of everything:

-Lots of clean ups and smol adjustements

-Some pages get news pictures and some get renamed

-The verse page as a whole becomes better

-Limited Precognition for John and MSPAR

-Aranea "healing the timeline" should be Fate Manipulation

-Transcendance Path dudes (Feferi + MSPAR) should get Causality Manipulation and have "causality" added in their type 5 Acausality justification

-Everyone above Transcendance Path dudes should have Acausality type 5 for the same reasons.

don't forget jake's hope field justification

i agree with all of this.

i also feel like we should give a small explanation of the GT powers in the notable techniques section, like we do with calliope, but including unique abilities too, using Dave for example.

Time: Dave's aspect, relates to time and purity of the timeline, Heroes of Time are traditionally involved in the creation of their game's universe, through their Genesis Frog. It allows dave to time travel, summon temporal copies, freeze others in time, reverse time and shift parts of his body through time.

Not really that important, i just think it would look cool and give the notable skills section more importancy.

Speaking of that, jade reacted to dave shifting his hand in time during the epilogues, and it was outside of combat since they just wanted to grab a tablet for a dumb ship talk and she lost the green sun powers, could that be a immensurable speed justification?

Jake's justification was already adjusted.

I think the bit about what Time aspect is can be work but not their Sburb role since it's very arguable.

She's already comparable to him and others GT anyway.

So after a lot of internal die and retry, I finally made the new Homestuck verse page.

After going through a lot of modifications, I think it's the best organisation for the page so if anyone got question regarding some changes choice I can answer them.

On another note, what can be applied for now? Clean up wouldn't have anyone against it, but I'm not sure for the rest (even if imo some parts like the page names change and most of the "justification n stuff" section wouldn't bring controversity).

The new verse page looks good (which reminds me i have to be put as a supporter)

I think everything can be applied? No one seemed to disagree with anything, even the biggest changes, namely the transcendence path stuff, seems to be accepted.

Aside from that, we just need a good render of first guardian MSPAreader

The new verse page looks good (which reminds me i have to be put as a supporter)

I think everything can be applied? No one seemed to disagree with anything, even the biggest changes, namely the transcendence path stuff, seems to be accepted.

Aside from that, we just need a good render of first guardian MSPAreader
Put you on it.

Well, there's only 4 agreement (me excluded), so I'm not sure if that's enough (never really understood how much was needed tbh, since it's case by case sometimes).

Well, it is better if we get more input, but this does not seem very controversial to apply, to we probably have enough input now.

Since nobody seems to be against anything, can all of it be applied?

Since clean up is the thing nobody would ever go against, I'll start doing it before if some things need more back up.

I suppose that it can probably be applied, yes.

I have unlocked the pages that you listed. Tell me here when you are done.

Which pages should I rename, and to what?

I have renamed them, but somebody should preferably update the links to them from other pages as well.

Also, the quote for Lord English is incorrect. It‘s not
YOU.

YOU THERE.

GIRL.

QUIT ALL THIS SCURRYING AROUND.

DO YOU THINK YOU CAN ESCAPE ME BEFORE I ARRIVE?

HOW DO YOU EXPECT TO OUTRUN ME

WHEN I AM ALREADY HERE?

It’s
GIRL.

YOU THERE. GIRL.

GIRL, QUIT ALL THIS SCURRYING AROUND.

DO YOU THINK YOU CAN ESCAPE ME BEFORE I ARRIVE?

HOW DO YOU EXPECT TO OUTRUN ME

WHEN I AM ALREADY HERE?

I'll change Caliborn's quotes tommorow then. Thanks for pointing these out.

Tell me here when everything is done and I should re-lock all of the pages.

Wouldn't this quote works well for base Caliborn?

"uu: I HAVE PORED OVER EVERY NAUSEATING VERSE. IT HAS BEEN A TRUE EXERCISE IN AGONY. FEW COULD POSSIBLY UNDERSTAND MY SUFFERING.
uu: BUT THAT'S OK.
uu: BECAUSE I'M NOT THE IDIOT KID I USED TO BE. NOW I KNOW. THAT WHAT IT TAKES FOR ME TO LEARN AND GROW STRONGER.
uu: IS EXCRUCIATING EFFORT.
uu: SO I HAVE A CHOICE. WHICH IS TO EITHER BE WEAK.
uu: WHEN WEAKNESS IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE.
uu: OR TO SUFFER. FOREVER. UNTIL NO ONE ELSE EXISTS.
uu: WHO IS STRONGER THAN ME. "

Better to just link all of Masterpiece.

I added everything. Caliborn quote and MSPAR First Guardian render.

I think there's nothing more to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back