• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Absolutely vote Bakugo
Homelander in the entire series he never actually fought or defeated opponents by skill but by superior ap, infact when he fought someone who is even superior to himself he got killed, Baguko on the other hand has always fought with opponents as skilled as himself or even superior and still won/ Survived
also some of his attacks like stun grenade can confuse Homelander and even deal the decisive strike with anothe explosion

Homelander is capable of decapitating Queen Maeve with a single punch, who scales above 14 Tons or 19 Tons. While Bakugo is baseline 8-B or 11 Tons via upscaling from his High 8-C+ self. So Bakugo is weaker and less durable than Queen Maeve, who Homelander can decapitate with a single punch.

Unless the profile is wrong, shouldn't Homelander one shot here?

Homelander is capable of decapitating Queen Maeve with a single punch, who scales above 14 Tons or 19 Tons. While Bakugo is baseline 8-B or 11 Tons via upscaling from his High 8-C+ self. So Bakugo is weaker and less durable than Queen Maeve, who Homelander can decapitate with a single punch.

Unless the profile is wrong, shouldn't Homelander one shot here?
Not really, the AP gap isn’t too wide as Homelander is not even twice as strong (He’s only 1.2 to 1.7 times stronger than Bakugo, depending what end you use) and as mentioned earlier Bakugo can take hits from opponents far superior to him, like All Might for example (Though he was holding back). Even if that’s not the case, Bakugo is still capable of harming Homelander with the heat produced from his explosions

If this was the tv show... I would pick home slander

5418f54dcd58cbd5487d0dec9e644d1a.gif

Not really, the AP gap isn’t too wide as Homelander is not even twice as strong (He’s only 1.2 to 1.7 times stronger than Bakugo, depending what end you use) and as mentioned earlier Bakugo can take hits from opponents far superior to him, like All Might for example (Though he was holding back). Even if that’s not the case, Bakugo is still capable of harming Homelander with the heat produced from his explosions
Did you read what I said?

Homelander's 8-B ratings comes from one shotting a 8-B character who is stronger than Bakugo, he decapitated a 14 Ton character with a single punch while Bakugo's dura is 11 Tons at best. What stops Homelander from decapitating Bakugo with a single punch, considering he can do such a thing to someone more durable than Bakugo.

Based on SBA, the starting distance is 4km which mean Bakugo could just spams explosion and combined with his mobility make him more difficult to touch.

Before anyone else continue FRA-ing, do take my word above and keep in mind that Bakugo is a better combatant than Homelander is.

The chance for Bakugo to keep Homelander at bay and spamming explosives at his face while maneuvering around are very likely to happened.

Isn’t this a stomp for Homelander? He lands one punch and Bakugo dies.
I don't think so. As I mentioned before, The AP/Durability gap between Bakugo and Homelander is around 1.4 to 1.7 (Depending on what end you use), Homelander does have a LS advantage though. Bakugo does have better fighting skills and techniques. He is also capable of harming Homelander with the heat produced from his explosions (As they've been shown to harm opponents far superior to him like All Might for example). And it's been stated that Bakugo's explosions get stronger the longer he fights meaning that he could overpower Homelander overtime

Last edited:
As I mentioned before, The AP/Durability gap between Bakugo and Homelander is around 1.4 to 1.7 (Depending on what end you use)
Read.

Did you read what I said?

Homelander's 8-B ratings comes from one shotting a 8-B character who is stronger than Bakugo, he decapitated a 14 Ton character with a single punch while Bakugo's dura is 11 Tons at best. What stops Homelander from decapitating Bakugo with a single punch, considering he can do such a thing to someone more durable than Bakugo.

Not really, As I mentioned before, The AP/Durability gap between Bakugo and Homelander is around 1.4 to 1.7 (Depending on what end you use), Homelander does have a LS advantage though. Bakugo does have better fighting skills and techniques. He is also capable of harming Homelander with the heat produced from his explosions (As they've been shown to harm opponents far superior to him like All Might for example). And it's been stated that Bakugo's explosions get stronger the longer he fights meaning that he could overpower Homelander overtime
Again, you are missing the bit that Homelander's AP isn't 1.4 to 1.7x stronger, his feat comes from one-hit killing someone who is 1.4x to 1.7x stronger.

If he can one-hit kill, and quite brutally at that, someone who is stronger than Bakugo, why wouldn't he do the same to him?

Bakugo already went to a lot of ***** at this point, someone who can shoot lasers from eyes and fly are nothing new to him. Early series Bakugo have shown to be an analytical fighter in the fight against Shoto and All Might, this version Bakugo is more calmer and experienced before so he won't rush into opponent at sight.

On other side, i don't know much about Homelander but reading his profile and respect thread seem to give me the impression that he's just brute force through everything. Probably because he's superior than most people in-verse so there is little to talk about.

I agree, Bakugo is the vastly better fighter and has a much better mentality for a fight. The problem is that Homelander has fought people with vastly better combat abilities than he has, while he is stronger than them. The results weren't pretty for them, because Homelander only needs to land a single hit - which Bakugo not only probably wouldn't know is way stronger than he can take, but Homelander, as much of a flying brick he is, knows how to hit people. He may miss some times, take plenty of unnecessary hits, but all he needs is to land a single one - and he can tank Bakugo far better than Bakugo can tank him.

I'm guessing that he manage to beat them through superior AP, right? His profile or respect thread doesn't suggest any good feats compared to Bakugo. Most of them aren't anything similar to Bakugo though.

4km is the starting range for them so Bakugo would open with range attacks, and this version of Bakugo also use them frequently (i will see if i can grab some clip of Bakugo). Bakugo attacks can inflict burn over him as well.

I'm guessing that he manage to beat them through superior AP, right? His profile or respect thread doesn't suggest any good feats compared to Bakugo. Most of them aren't anything similar to Bakugo though.

4km is the starting range for them so Bakugo would open with range attacks, and this version of Bakugo also use them frequently (i will see if i can grab some clip of Bakugo). Bakugo attacks can inflict burn over him as well.
Yep, through sheer strength. Again, I'm not arguing for his skill or anything, what I'm pointing out is that Bakugo not only does not know Homelander is that strong, but Homelander only needs to land a single, good hit. Maybe two bad hits. Bakugo is vastly more skilled and a much better fighter, but I really doubt any scenario that he'd stay completely unhit the whole fight.

Oh, no need to grab clips, I believe ya. Again, I don't even doubt he'd manage to damage Homelander - Maeve did leave a quite wide, albeit shallow, cut on him while using an ornamental sword. Bakugo probably could scorch him a bit. I just don't think he'd torch up Homelander enough to win before Homelander slapped his head.

I do agree that Bakugo cannot evade every hits from Homelander but the latter won't have it easy tagging his enemy. Homelander would need to keep up with Bakugo's agility all while taking those explosives to face. Then there's a chance that Bakugo might able to outlast him in this fight. Explosive spams + Stun Grenade + Dodging are likely to happened for Bakugo.

Now i haven't keep up with MHA for a while so i'm a bit iffy on my vote, but i'll say Bakugo wins this high diff. Homelander's superior AP is a major problem for him but i believe Bakugo's skills and experience would allows him to pull off something here.

No Bakugo can't even hurt him, the gap is too wide.

Since Homelander's durability scales to his own AP, since physical recoil is a thing.

Bakugo's explosive can burn him though. Repeatedly spamming explosive into Homelander face would eventually deplete his stamina and give Bakugo chance to knock him out.

Back