• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hitman Reborn: Daemon Spade flies from Italy to Japan

Hey everybody! I've wanted to contribute a calc to the site for a while, and I found a pretty good one that I haven't seen anyone do before. I'm still getting used to the new forum, so apologies if this is the wrong place to put this.
So, during the fourth major arc of Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Daemon Spade takes over Mukuro Rokudo's body, which was being held in the Vindice's prison, and flies to the island where Tsuna and his friends are to fight them. So I decided to try and calculate how long his trip took.
First Step: Determining the start and end points
The location of the Vindice prison is never specified in the series, but we do have a few clues to narrow it down. Reborn states early on that the prison where Mukuro was being held is located in Italy.

a12p7CO.jpg

We also see that when Iris visits the prison to request Ghost's release that it is in a snowy, mountainous region.

y63ng9l.jpg

Through this, we can infer that the Vindice Prison is likely located somewhere in Northern Italy, in one of its alpine regions. For these calcs, I used Mount Leone, the tallest point in the Lepontine Alps as my estimation. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monte_Leone
Fortunately, the location of Daemon's destination is much easier to find, as the manga literally points to where it is on a map.
BzS0iHy.jpg

I still had to do a bit of estimation, but the island's location seems to be somewhere between 150-155 East and 30-35 North. I did my best to put it on this world map (note that my map has latitude/longitude lines every 10 degrees, while the manga's map seems to have them every 5 degrees).
QyF8Fj3.png
52rTk2Q.png

I used Google Earth to get an approximation of the shortest distance between the two points, which came out to 10,714.46 km, which I'll round to 10,715 km for simplicity's sake.
Step Two: How long did it take?
It's difficult to figure out the exact time frame for Daemon's trip, but we can get a pretty good idea from the dialogue in the scene. I read the dialogue out loud with appropriate pauses, starting from when the Vindice first arrive to warn Tsuna about Daemon's approach and ending when Daemon lands on the island, and got a time of two minutes and twenty seconds, or 140 seconds, so we'll use that as an estimate for how long Daemon's took to get there.
Step Three: Calculations
Doing the actual calculations now:

10,715 km = 10,715,000 m 10,715,000 m/140 s = 76,535.71 m/s (or around 223.14 times the speed of sound)

However, Daemon's flight was likely faster. Notice the Vindice's wording:
L4cmyOM.jpg
NP1CwJv.jpg

The way the are speaking implies that Daemon is still in the process of escaping the prison when the Vindice come to warn Tsuna and co. Given how strong the Vindice are shown to be in the very next arc, it's not unreasonable to assume that even someone as powerful as Daemon would have trouble fighting them off.
So let's give Daemon the benefit of the doubt and assume that he only started his flight halfway through the Vindice's conversation, meaning it took 70 seconds.
To calc this, we simply multiply his previous speed by two.
76,535.71 x 2 = 153,071.43 m/s

In conclusion, Daemon's speed is:
76,535.71 m/s (low-ball)
153,071.43 m/s (high-ball)

Thoughts?

Good calc, just one problem, the high ball seems to be High Hypersonic+, which is still below the current speed of Daemon (MHS), and when we are allowed to do revisions again, he will be around relativistic due to all the multipliers.

Good calc, just one problem, the high ball seems to be High Hypersonic+, which is still below the current speed of Daemon (MHS), and when we are allowed to do revisions again, he will be around relativistic due to all the multipliers.
Okay! This was mostly just a practice calc for me anyway. Thanks for the feedback!

I tried to make a calc for this feet looong time ago, but I never used such a long timeframe lmao
I remember that I used 10s, 5s only lol
Also I do remember that I used a number around 9000km as a distance but I'm not sure from where I got that, possibly the distance from Japan to Italy

Back