• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
It hasn't been calced yet, but theirs a feat in Power Rangers where the Pink Ranger dissipates a planet wide storm (and I think the planet was supposed to be as big as Saturn or something). That could yield insane results.

All depends on the speed honestly. Taking several hours to blow away a storm? Reasonable results. Blow it away in like 2 seconds? '''Brace for impact'''

Darkanine said:
It hasn't been calced yet, but theirs a feat in Power Rangers where the Pink Ranger dissipates a planet wide storm (and I think the planet was supposed to be as big as Saturn or something). That could yield insane results.
Jesus power rangers has ridiculous feats. My childhood has justified power rangers wank, it seems.

Although for the the answer too the above, I think you can probably yield high end 5-A with KE based on the mass of earths atmosphere + relativistic speeds.

I also love how nonchalant Heckyl is in that scene basically going "yo Bros what's up" to Sledge and casually killing his crew and making a deal with him at the same time

Darkanine said:
One thing I love about Toku shows like Power Rangers and Sentai is just how nonchalant they are about big feats.
The big bads of Doubutsu Sentai Zyuohger literally, and I do mean literally, have a game about who can destroy the most planets between them.

Best part is "all" refers to his henchme.

Total mass of the Atmosphere is 5.1480 * 10^18 kg. Lets say it moves at 10%.

5.148e+18 * 0.5 * 2.998e+7^2 = 2.3135122e+33 J

552 Zettatons

Now lets say it moves at 90%c

Relativistic KE yields 5.963e+35 J

142.5 Yottatons

So it takes a lot to get past 5-B, I guess.

I know a storm feat in Wizard101 where a guy was going to create eternal winter over the entire galaxy.

Darkanine said:
Best part is "all" refers to his henchme.
Total mass of the Atmosphere is 5.1480 * 10^18 kg. Lets say it moves at 10%.

5.148e+18 * 0.5 * 2.998e+7^2 = 2.3135122e+33 J
What if the planet is five times as big as earth with the same atmospheric density of earth and it moves at the same speed?

Btw, I remember destroying the Ozone layer is 6-C, but does anyone know how much it takes to destroy the entire atmosphere? I don't remember what series it's from, but there was a guy who could destroy Earth's atmosphere with his body heat.

TeenAngel101 said:
Btw, I remember destroying the Ozone layer is 6-C, but does anyone know how much it takes to destroy the entire atmosphere? I don't remember what series it's from, but there was a guy who could destroy Earth's atmosphere with his body heat.
I know lifting the atmosphere is 12.4 gigatons.

Assuming mass and heating it up, it would probably yield no more then like, Low 6-B results.

I have a calc where someone heated up the atmosphere, it yielded about these results.

Apparently destroying it is High 6-A according to the Fox-tastic Four. I'm just wondering what the exact yield is.

The quote is something along the lines of setting fire to the atmosphere and killing all life on the planet.

That's the most we get.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:ArbitraryNumbers/Standard_Storm_calc

I've answered this on my blog. I doubt anybody on this wiki performed the feat, but if you scroll down to the bottom you'll find a table using areas the storm covers, provided that there isn't a proper time frame given.

Provided that there isn't a proper timeframe given for the storm's creation, and assuming that the storm cloud itself is 30,000 ft tall with an area equivalent to that of Earth's entire surface area, highest you could get, is 5.31e+19 joules, or 12.7 Gigatons of TNT - Island level.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
Provided that there isn't a proper timeframe given for the storm's creation, and assuming that the storm cloud itself is 30,000 ft tall with an area equivalent to that of Earth's entire surface area, highest you could get, is 5.31e+19 joules, or 12.7 Gigatons of TNT - Island level.
That is laughably close to Percy's feat of lifting the sky---

Wouldn't using standard Wattage yield higher results? Vortex and Storm both made storms that covered the entire area of the world and yielded around 110~ Gigatons.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
I see the problem. My blog only used storms that are 30,000 feet tall.
The calculation in this forum threadassumes heights of 15 km.

So most of the values in my storm blog are huge lowballs.
Because I am assuming these are values you get in reality and not just pulled from nowhere, right?

Although if a cloud was 15 km tall, I would consider moving to another planet lol.

Okay false alarm.

The guy used a different cloud density than the one we use. Not only that by 30,000 ft isn't too far off from 15 km. Plus he somehow got 1.687 terajoules from multiplying (1.125*10^12) * 1500, where the actual result would only be 1.6875e+15.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
Okay false alarm.
The guy used a different cloud density than the one we use. Not only that by 30,000 ft isn't too far off from 15 km. Plus he somehow got 1.687 terajoules from multiplying (1.125*10^12) * 1500, where the actual result would only be 1.6875e+15.
Damn AN, back at it again with is your realism lul.

So the general idea is at best storms with CAPE are tier High 6-C.

Funny with someone with planetary range can have shitty ap lul.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
The dude actually didn't make a mistake. I just misinterpreted "1.687 terajoules" as "1.687 Teratons of TNT".
I didnt mean to make it sound like he made a mistake lul.

I just knew your attention to detail, to put it nicely is absurd lul.

I still stand by someone who is planetary range has only tier 6 ap.

Like, wow.

Back