• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High School DXD: Rias Gremory Reasoning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryukama

Joke Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
So Rias Gremory is rated as "At least Mountain level, likely higher."

Reasoning is that she "Completely disintegrated Grendel's body except for half of his face"

Why is Grendel At least Mountain level, likely higher"?"

"Stronger than
Sairaorg in Balance Breaker; fought against Ddraig, also matched Sairaorg and Issei in their armors simultaneously"

Sairaorg has no reasons stated for being Mountain level.

Issei has no feats that are Mountain level on his page.

So is there an actual reason anyone can give as to why these people are 7-A? If not, I will adjust the pages to Unknown.

At least Mountain level (Even more powerful than before, Welsh Blaster Bishop obliterated a complete replication of Kyoto)
This was the reasoning used on Issei's page for mountain level.

And is there a Mountain level feat or calc linked to that reasoning? Does destroying Kyoto have a Mountain level feat or calc listed? Why is he "At least Mountain level" for being stronger than a City level key that only got its rating for being stronger than a Small Town level key?

It seems like little to no stats in this verse are really well justified.

Honestly I find this to be a problem with the DXD pages in general

Plus do belive Isseis Strongest form is powerscaled off a statment admited to be questionable

They can all be scaled from the fact that weakest version of Issei with 12 boosts managed to destroy the mountain at the beginning of the story.

"It's huge! The magic ball that had the size of a rice ball got bigger when I shot it! It reached the size of a huge rock! This!? I get it! It's the power of the Boosted Gear! The huge rock of magic got closer to Kiba. The velocity was quite fast as well.

Kiba dodges it easily. Well that's no surprising. Oh, but it won't mean anything if it doesn't hit. That's what I thought, but soon I got rid of that thought. The demonic-power ball that missed its target went towards the mountain next to the one we are on, and--- BAAAAANG!!

The mountain blows up while making a huge sound and blast!! ...A single shot of demonic-power I shot out blew away a single mountain.... The mountain has a huge hole in it. It changes the view of it."

"(...) T-The mountain disappeared. My heart is beating with that fact. D-Did I do that? I still can't believe it. A-An attack like that actually came out from my hand..."

Well, without the size and how he destroyed it, it could range from Small City level to Island level.

Destroying a mountain does not equate to mountain level most of the time.

What KuuIchigo said. Perhaps you should link to the scene and see if someone can calc it.

ThisIsMySwagPack said:
"It's huge! The magic ball that had the size of a rice ball got bigger when I shot it! It reached the size of a huge rock! This!? I get it! It's the power of the Boosted Gear! The huge rock of magic got closer to Kiba. The velocity was quite fast as well.

Kiba dodges it easily. Well that's no surprising. Oh, but it won't mean anything if it doesn't hit. That's what I thought, but soon I got rid of that thought. The demonic-power ball that missed its target went towards the mountain next to the one we are on, and--- BAAAAANG!!

The mountain blows up while making a huge sound and blast!! ...A single shot of demonic-power I shot out blew away a single mountain.... The mountain has a huge hole in it. It changes the view of it."

"(...) T-The mountain disappeared. My heart is beating with that fact. D-Did I do that? I still can't believe it. A-An attack like that actually came out from my hand..."
I don't know if I've just "flowers for algernon"'d myself with good literature, but that quote looks horribly written.

I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt and assume its just a bad translation.

I thought that the Slayers profiles had been deleted already.

Antvasima said:
I thought that the Slayers profiles had been deleted already.
I'm planning to rewatch the series and i saved the structure of the pages, but someone forgot to delete them alongside the ones of this verse and Transformers.

I don't know. It's from Baka-Tsuki. It's no Lovecraft literature, but it seems ok for a harem, comedy light novel.

As for the anime adaptation, well it's like any other anime adaptation. Underwhelming when it comes to showing character's power.

Yeah, the DxD pages are a mess. I don't know where the Mountain level stuff comes from but Issei destroyed an enhanced replica of Kyoto or something like that when he was holding back. Tannin also said Issei destroyed an entire mountain without boosting but we don't know the size.

"Hahahaha! It's been a long time since I've seen that red blast! Hyoudou Issei! An entire mountain far away from here completely vanished just now! Also, the barrier covering this area has been blown off as well!" Tannin-ossan said that from the sky above. A mountain!? An entire mountain vanished!? I didn't even fire it with particularly doubled power!?

This was from Volume 5 Issei.

Actually it's most likely from Vali destroying a 5000 meter tall mountain. Someone made a thread for it a long time ago. I'll look through his contributions.

The HighSchool DXD profiles are in the same situation as the Transformers and Slayers profiles, they have a bad scaling between each other and they should be deleted.

We should just decide if they should scale from Sona's statement about Serafall destroying Japan several times over by twinkling or something. People like Grayfia are scaled to it, but farr stronger guys like Vali, Apophis and Issei aren't. Sona is a very serious person so it's extremely doubtful she was exaggerating, but there are no Country level feats in DxD. Trihexa just casually destroyed a small island and he's the strongest guy there. Well, except you want to count him destroying the scenery of the Norse World, whatever that means. That, and Lavinia being able to encase a small country in ice.

Is 5000 meters enough to equate to 7-A? Also so you're saying they should perhaps scale to higher ratings instead?

I don't know the exact specification.

So either way a downgrade should be in order? Unless they scale to higher stuff?

@Weekly

I dunno stuff like that, I just read to enjoy the fights and all that. Check the thread Peter linked. Either way, Issei already has a casual City level feat when holding back. Can his feat of destroying an entire mountain be calculated somehow? Maybe using the size of an average mountain due to a lack of options.

@Ryukama

It depends on if we accept the statements.

"Either way, Issei already has a casual City level feat when holding back."

That just makes him "At least City level."

"Maybe using the size of an average mountain due to a lack of options."

That's almost certain to get a downgrade.

"It depends on if we accept the statements."

Are the statements made by reliable sources? Are there any feats remotely close to these statements?

I don't know enough about the context of the series to judge if we can use the statement. Sorry.

Seems like "At least City level" might be the way to go for now then.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Burning How big was the mountain? The minimum for destroying a mountain is City level
Lol, didn't see your comment.

Both sides flew into the air at the same time! The Maouified Vali flapped his twelve wings of Lucifer, which caused all of the snow in the surrounding area to melt instantaneously, and even the rock below became exposed. The Lucifer and A┼¥i Dah─üka flying above the ground began to clash with each other in mid-air. Vali sharply thrust his hand out and released a jolt of demonic energy. A┼¥i Dah─üka instantly activated teleportation magic, and evaded it. —But, Vali decimated the entire mountaintop that A┼¥i Dah─üka had evaded to. Under such circumstances, it was possible to cause mass destruction simply by unleashing his demonic energy towards his direction, and due to his immense power, even escaping from it was highly difficult. While relying on teleportation magic to increase their distance, A┼¥i Dah─üka felt surprised by Vali who was easily destroying mountaintops, but at the same time, he also felt joy.

Even A┼¥i Dah─üka failed to think that the wyverns were able to use that absolute power. Having been obstructed by the halving field for a moment, that moment was enough to ensure that Vali would be able to successfully strike him with his demonic energy. But just in the nick of time, A┼¥i Dah─üka avoided a direct hit by using teleportation magic to escape. Vali's blast of demonic energy lost its target, and collided with the tall mountain in the distance. With a loud boom, the five thousand metre tall mountain was instantly decimated—.

Ater Vali's final attack ended, the mountains and earth had been torn through, leaving a wide fissure in the middle. The bombardment of aura just then had travelled several kilometres, no, it went as far as the edge of the horizon. The path that the aura travelled through was covered in the remnants of the jet-black demonic energy of Lucifer, and was completely barren. Despite all that, Aŝi Dahāka was still alive. No, he was on the verge of death, and about to breathe his last breath. Only a single head was left. Vali moved towards the only head that remained of Aŝi Dahāka. Even in the face of death, the legendary Evil Dragon still showed an irreverent smile.

Hmm...any idea where this fight took place? Was it in Japan or...? I can try to calc it real quick using the method in that blog.

Okay, i might have done something wrong but i just tried to use the dimensions of Mont Blanc like the thread suggested and got Island level as the lowest result (Frag)...

Then again im half asleep so someone who actually knows what their doing should probably recalc it for accuracy...

Well wait about 2-3 hours I returned home and I made explain of every single state here even without using Ddraig and Sona words about destroing the Earth several times wothout full power and destroing a Japan several times while holding back

Okay. But I don't think Planet level Trihexa/Ddraig/Ophis/Great Red statements are going to be accepted for now. The noteworthy feats from the verse currently range from City to Island level, and the Country level statements have a better chance of being accepted as opposed to the Planet level statements.

We will start scalling from point that Issei in Triania easily destroy whole Kyoto City, which we could raited as 7-B (City Level)

"Disappear! Dragon Blaster!"

BOOOM!!

The shoulder cannons fired releasing an extremely massive blast! Even as I tried my hardest to maintain my footing, I could not stop the impact from the recoil, and it sent my body backwards...! I used all my strength to stop myself from flying away!

The high output energy was fired into the midst of the Heroes Faction!

"Interesting, I will take this shot, legendary dragon!"

Heracles stepped up in front, was he trying to take my attack--

"Don't take it! Evade!"

Cao Cao yelled and used the base of his spear to hit Heracles away from the line of fire! Cao Cao and the other members then swiftly escaped my attack.

Without hitting anyone, the cannon blast continued flying onward far away behind them.

KABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

A large explosion shook the entire space while the city in the background was engulfed by the gigantic aura!

...The energy continued to spread, surrounding the entire city with intense light!

As the bright light faded, nothing was left! The cannon blast eliminated the entire scenery, and even the game field was affected and the artificial dimension began to show signs of distortion!

"...Destroyed the whole city! Hey! If he keeps firing, this dimension won't last!"

Heracles finally understood the power of my cannons, and cried out in surprise.

Second point. Issei in Triania couldn't do something agains Sairaorg in his BB even with fullpowered attaked. Absolute ZERO damage (damage even returned to Issei himself).That mean - Sairaorg in BB is far above Triania Issei (also he oneshot Triania Issei with max defence mode with casual strike) and Sairaorg in BB should be 7-A (Mountain Level)

"Now. Give me your best shot."

………….Don't regret it then. I will hit you with my maximum power!

[WELSH DRAGONIC ROOK!]

[Change Solid Impact!!!]

My armour gets thicker and my arms became several times bigger as well! I pulled back my massive fist and push it forward! I increased the power of it by using the percussion hammer located in my elbow when it touches him……

GAN!

My massive fist was easily stopped by Sairaorg-san's left hand.

….! I received the impact! You must be kidding me! It was a new technique that specialized in both offence and defence! No! I haven't finished yet! If I use the percussion hammer again to increase the impact then I will….!

BANG!

The percussion hammer is nailed down and my fist increases its……

My massive fist was easily destroyed when it hit Sairaorg-san's hand……. My defence was also supposed to have increased……!

"So this is your limit."

Sairaorg-san says that.

GAKYAAAAAAAN!

Sairaorg-san's fist went deeply inside my thick stomach and my armour crumbles easily. His fist reached through to the body inside my armour thus destroying my body.

"Gough!"

I spit out a lot of blood from my mouth. Then I lost conciousness.

Third. Issei reach the CxC mode and easily fight on equal with Sairaorg (plus we should not forget that current CxC is stronger than in volumes 10-21 because it was enchanes by second Dragon Godification (DxD G mode) )

Grendel should be only little stronger than Issei in Cardinal Crimson (CxC mode) and Sairaorg but he has highest endurance and he could fight with them both a short time (he lost but still could fight and damage them both). So he 7-A, possible (or likely) higher. Grendel was raited by Issei as someone who at least as strong as Tannin if not a stronger.

Rias ultimate move could turn whole his body into nothing with easily, and also in Volume 21 Issei said that each of Sirzechs casual attaks in True form comparable if not a stronger than Rias Ultimate move.

Also Issei have Longinus Smasher. His ultimate move that could easily defeat a Grendel-class opponent with one-shot even in CxC mode.

In that case we have:

All characters comparable with Ultimate class devils is 7-B (Rias (without armor and ultimate move) and Akeno form Vol.23, Issei Triania, Vali BB, Bikou, and so on, Kokabiel)

At least 7-B, likely 7-A for Ni├░höggr

All characters comparable with Satan-class is 7-A (Issei CxC, Sairaorg BB, Grendel, Serafall, Grayfia, Ladon, Cao Cao BB, base Euclid and so on, Azazel,) or at least 7-A (Diehauser Belial, Euclid replica BG, Issei with Longinus Smasher in CxC and in Incomplete JD, also Sairaorg in Breakdown the Beast)

Gods in completly different level. Loki could easily block fullpowered attaks from Azazel and Barakiel in the same time, also them both comparable with Issei CxC (Barakiel even little weaker than Issei CxC from Volume 22)

"Lokkkkkkkki!!"

Sensei and Barakiel-san each released a spear of light and holy-lightning at Loki with maximum output.

"Even without using Fenrir, just two mere fallen-angels won't be able to stand a chance against me."

A magic-circle with an equation I've never seen before becomes his shield which expands throughout the sky.

Sensei and Barakiel-san's attack was easily blocked.

So usual Gods should be High 7-A (Odin, Loki, Rizevim, Vali in EJOD and JD, Issei in pseudo-DxD)

And High-class Gods from top-10 strongest author mentions and Heavenly Dragon-class guys at least 6-C because they could casual defeat usual Gods (Issei in true DxD, Vali in DxD L, Fenrir in prime, Typhon, Indra, Ddraig and Albion, Sirzechs and Ajuka, Azi-Dahaka and Apophis)

Also there Crom Cruach who surpass Heavenly Dragons in their prime EVEN IN BASE according to volume 23. He should be as strong as weakend Ophis

And finally Shiva who much stronger than anyone higher except Great Red, Prime Ophis and Trihexa. He possible High 6-C or Low 6-B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back