• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 7-C Tournament Round 2, Match 8 (Naofumi vs Jasper) (0/7/0)

This Naofuni does have some pretty good hax with certain shields. And an AP advantage. Not voting yet, but leaning towards Naofuni for now. Also, Jasper’s regen is overtime. And it works when she gets hit hard and poofs leaving nothing but her gem left and it takes a while to regen.

Jasper can reform in a few seconds if she wishes to
True, but Naofumi would need to destroy her gem to actually kill her if he knows and finds the chance.

it should also be worth noting that Jasper has stomped characters who casually destroyed an escape pod that survived that 142 KT fall.

Jasper actually has Low-Mid regen without being poofed scaling from Garnet regenning her hands instantly

What has does Naofuni have and would they work properly on Jasper due to her physiology?

Also yeah, Jasper casually stomps Amethyst who stomps Peridot who is 142 kt in durability

Jasper actually has Low-Mid regen without being poofed scaling from Garnet regenning her hands instantly
I don’t think we could use that since it’s not on her profile. Could make a crt about it though.

I don’t think we could use that since it’s not on her profile. Could make a crt about it though.
It's in the Gem Physiology page:
When a Gem suffers a fatal injury, they "poof," releasing their physical form and retreating into their gemstone in order to create a new, undamaged form. Gems can also quickly recover from injuries that do not destroy them without being forced to retreat into their gemstone to regenerate, such as lost limbs.

Sufficient damage to her physical form can revert her back to her vulnerable gem form which can be broken and destroyed
Sounds like a pretty big weakness against someone, in Naofumi, who's from a world where this kind of thing is really common among the monsters he fights.

Imo Naofumi just kinda reflects all her projectiles and shield bases her into submission.
Truth be told though, Naofumi is a defensive frontline not DPS or SDPS on any level. Even curse shields are completely OOC for him to use in a normal fight where him and his friends aren't getting borderline stomped.
Which is another factor to consider; because in an actual threatening situation outside of training, Naofumi would never fight by himself. So it's incredibly difficult to say what would even be in character for him to do in a 1v1 without guesswork... but that's a different topic for a different day.

Imo Naofumi just kinda reflects all her projectiles nd shield bases her into submission.
She doesn't have projectiles?

Jasper effortlessly overpowers Naofumi in the LS department and seems to have the skill advantage, she has several thousand years of active combat experience, was scientifically analyzed by Peridot to be the ultimate Quartz Soldier in terms of strength and skill (Quartz Soldiers being gems who are literally created with the sole purpose of being ground troops with exceedingly high combat skill), and casually stomped Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl in their initial encounter (Pearl and Garnet have several thousand years worth of combat experience fighting in the Gem rebellion against a wide variety of enemies with varying powersets and vastly more advanced technology)

So Jasper should beat him in CQC

Last edited:
She doesn't have projectiles?

Jasper also effortlessly overpowers Naofumi in the LS department and seem to have the skill advantage, she has several thousand years of active combat experience, was scientifically analyzed by Peridot to be the ultimate Quartz Soldier in terms of strength and skill (Quartz Soldiers being gems who are literally created with the sole purpose of being ground troops with exceedingly high combat skill), and casually stomped Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl in their initial encounter (Pearl and Garnet have several thousand years worth of combat experience fighting in the Gem rebellion against a wide variety of enemies with varying powersets and vastly more advanced technology)

So Jasper should beat him in CQC
I thought bubbles and fire manip were ranged abilities, I guess I read the profile wrong kek.

Naofumi isn't a fighter, he's a defender. Not to say he's unskilled in CQC, it's actually the opposite, it's just that he literally can't do any viable attack moves that don't involve him cursing himself at this point.

So if he can't reflect here, he just loses.

Naofumi is objectively not a 1v1 kind of fighter, no one in SH really is but it goes quadruple for people like Naofumi and Kizuna who's entire moveset is built around working in small to medium sized groups to take down stronger foes or other groups.

He has wincons but they're ooc, so he loses here.

This is why I would never pick Naofumi for a 1v1 fight. I hope the group profile thing goes through so we can solve that problem.

Yeah Naofumi kinda just lose here if he can't reflect. Never was the kind to do the solo DPS, and even then it's **** him up very badly to use it.

well Jasper FRA

also yeah maybe i should have used another character, but i didn't know a character of this tier that i liked

Back