• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 7-C Tournament Round 2, Match 3 (Beedrill vs Claptrap) (0/7/0)

Beedrill can use agility to amp its speed to outspeed Claptrap, use harden to boost its defenses and hit it with moves such as Twinneedle to poison it

I don't know Claptrap so idk what it would do

How skilled is Claptrap exactly? His profile just says "above average", but I know he must have some good combat experience because I've played Borderlands before. Not sure exactly though, I just played it for fun.

If he doesn't have a wincon which can seal this quickly, then Beedrill can quickly amp speed and other things.

Claptrap has Valthunter.EXE which analyzes everything on the battlefield (Including the enemy) and gives him an action package based on the situation. Now Action packs can give you a whole number of things like...Laser Inferno: A disco ball floats above Claptrap's Head, constantly shooting shock, incendiary, and corrosive lasers at enemies in melee range to Claptrap. which has one of Beedrill's weaknesses.
I would say Gravity grenades counts as psychic, but even I think that's a stretch.
also he's a robot so no poison.

Claptrap has Valthunter.EXE which analyzes everything on the battlefield (Including the enemy) and gives him an action package based on the situation.
What does "action package" mean?
Now Action packs can give you a whole number of things like...Laser Inferno: A disco ball floats above Claptrap's Head, constantly shooting shock, incendiary, and corrosive lasers at enemies in melee range to Claptrap. which has one of Beedrill's weaknesses.
I would say Gravity grenades counts as psychic, but even I think that's a stretch.
Fire should be super effective but definitely not the gravity grenades.
also he's a robot so no poison.
True.

Do you have a video of Vaulthunter.exe?
Beedrill will also get 50% AP buff when at low health due to Swarm.

Claptrap should probably have Inorganic Physiology (Type 2). Assuming it's fully robotic though, that's a big nerf for Beedrill since its biggest draw is the powerful poison it uses.

Claptrap should probably have Inorganic Physiology (Type 2). Assuming it's fully robotic though, that's a big nerf for Beedrill since its biggest draw is the powerful poison it uses.
I'm not a Borderlands supporter or anything, but from Borderlands 1&2 I only remember Claptrap being referred to as an actual full robot.
So, I don't think Beedrill's poisons would work.

I think its only chance is amping, but Claptrap can use fire as mentioned and generally can fire out a lot more projectiles.

Last edited:
Yeah, speed amps via Agility are a big help for Beedrill.
Yes, and Agility does two stages as well, so Beedrill will have 2x speed advantage if he uses one.
I have to wonder if that's in-character as a lead, though.

Isn't there a lot of anime scenes with wild beedrill attacking?
I mean, I'm assuming there is.

That's sort of what I figured.
It's not the calculated type. It might figure it out eventually, but it will probably lead with attacks, and Claptrap will resist its poison which is its greatest asset in this area.
Given that Claptrap will have good super effective options in this area, I believe more often than not Beedrill will die before it realizes how it can win.

So, I vote Claptrap.

Back