• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 7-C Tournament Round 2, match 2 (Kamen Rider Ryuga vs Rapthalia) (7/0/0)

She actually doesn't have the magic sword here.

This version of her starts with a semi-passive large speed boost, illusions, and sword skills.

I think her AP, range, and speed advantage would do wonders for her here. She actually scales quite a bit above 250, unlike Naofumi who's also in the tourney, since there's technically two arcs between fourth wave and kizuna's world.

She actually doesn't have the magic sword here.

This version of her starts with a semi-passive large speed boost, illusions, and sword skills.

I think her AP, range, and speed advantage would do wonders for her here. She actually scales quite a bit above 250, unlike Naofumi who's also in the tourney, since there's technically two arcs between fourth wave and kizuna's world.
How good is her speed boost and illusions?

Since Ryuga kinda have pseudo-BFR via pushing into mirror world.

Ryuga doesn't even technically need to use it as a mean to BFR. He can goes in and out of Mirror World as long as there's any sort of reflective surface going around. The smallest one I remembered was Ohja's Advent Beast coming into the real world from the reflection on a bike helmet. So it is possible that he could pull a hit and run tactic on her as well.

And if Ryuga grab a hold of her either by himself or Dragblacker then...well, it's highly likely that she's getting yeeted into Mirror World.

Those that doesn't have Advent Deck there get EE.

But still, I think the answer for this match depend on how good her speed amp is.

One thing to note is that Ryuga’s durability is higher than his AP, he’s stronger than Ryuki who ranked the 109 KT explosion. Not only that, Ryuki’s Guard Vent was capable of no selling other Final Vents and Ryuga’s dragon is superior to Ryuga himself. And I’d be pretty hard to take the dragon out due to it’s regeneration

Dragging Raphtalia into the mirror World would honestly be a pretty good wincon. Ryuga’s LS is far higher than her’s, he could simply have his Advent Monster drag her into any reflective surface.

How good is her speed boost and illusions?

Since Ryuga kinda have pseudo-BFR via pushing into mirror world.
Comparable characters have trouble seeing her movements; and I mean that as-in, Naofumi was really shocked when someone managed to react to her attacks consistently while boosted by her charge.

Beyond that there's no given multipliers unlike some of her abilities in her next key.

Last edited:
Other than the speed amp, what could Raphtalia do?
  • Yin-Yang Sword
  • Powder Snow: A attack using Raphtalia's legendary katana. Those who are hit by this attack have their magic power turned into snow as it naturally falls out of their body from where Raphtalia cut them.
  • Spirit Blade; Soul Slice: Raphtalia's blade itself becomes intangible, allowing her to attack souls.
  • Light & Shadow Magic
    • Light Orb: Can create an orb of light which floats in front of her.
    • Hide Mirage: Raphtalia bends light to make herself appear invisible.
    • First Light: A far brighter version of Light Orb.
    • All First Hiding: She makes herself and others invisible.
    • An unnamed spell that darkens the surroundings.
    • Unnamed spell which creates an illusion of Raphtalia.
  • Interruption Magic: Raphtalia analyzes and understands the pattern inherent in the system of magic casting. After this, she sends out the exact opposite pattern very quickly, negating the opponent's magic. The longer the opponent casts magic, the easier it is to negate.
  • Piercing Attacks: Piercing attacks have a chance of ignoring defensive ratings, and deal higher damage to those with higher defensive ratings.
  • Purification and Healing (Via various potions and medicines; which can cure people of curses, diseases, status effects ect.), P.S. Burn is a curable status effect in SH.
She also has range and AP advantage.

The only thing that I think would be beneficial for Raphtalia would be here soul attacks. Piercings may or may not work here, while Ryuki scales far higher than 109 KT, I still think Raphtalia would have the stat advantage here.

Does Raphtalia have anything against being grabbing and pulled into the Mirror World? Cause from what I remembered, that’s basically how Ryuga starts off his fights. And Raphtalia would have to fight both Dragblacker and Ryuga, with the former being very hard for her to take out due to it regen

Ryuki Rider have dealt with invisibility before actually.

Now it all came down to how often and how often does she used her hax and how potent it is. I wouldn't argue that a few hit from Defense Rating attack would put him down for the count but how often does she used it. How potent is the soul attack, how many hit does it take to put an opponent to sleep.

Ryuga need one grab, Dragblacker need to hit her once with it's flame to root her in place or catch her off guard since it can disappear and reappear from any reflective surface.

The range wouldn't be too much of a problem due to the battlefield unless Raph here love using range spam. And if she goes out of her way to get out of range then Ryuga can escape the range disadvantages due to traversing into Mirror World.

I want to ask : does Ryuga has a soul? I mean, he's not really a living creature, but a mirror reflection of Shinji.

It has been too long since i watched the movie, but iirc, there is no Dragblacker's soul came out after Ryuki defeated Ryuga.

The only thing that I think would be beneficial for Raphtalia would be here soul attacks. Piercings may or may not work here, while Ryuki scales far higher than 109 KT, I still think Raphtalia would have the stat advantage here.

Does Raphtalia have anything against being grabbing and pulled into the Mirror World? Cause from what I remembered, that’s basically how Ryuga starts off his fights. And Raphtalia would have to fight both Dragblacker and Ryuga, with the former being very hard for her to take out due to it regen
Well, he has to grab her first. She has speed, range, and AP advantage here; it's not gonna be as easy as just grabbing her.

Not sure how much of a factor Dragblacker would be here, beyond being annoying to deal with.
Also, Raphtalia can soul rip people even at this time, but it's incredibly OOC for her (She used it only once so far and that is literally 10+ volumes ahead of this arc). She mainly uses it to destroy souls that don't have bodies.

Now it all came down to how often and how often does she used her hax and how potent it is. I wouldn't argue that a few hit from Defense Rating attack would put him down for the count but how often does she used it. How potent is the soul attack, how many hit does it take to put an opponent to sleep.
She doesn't have magic sword here, she just has a soul rip move which is REALLY ooc for her to use.

She doesn't use defense rating attack much either unless she's going up against a tank or someone she can't just spam
Ryuga need one grab, Dragblacker need to hit her once with it's flame to root her in place or catch her off guard since it can disappear and reappear from any reflective surface.
I don't think there's a lot of reflective surfaces in the cell games arena.
The range wouldn't be too much of a problem due to the battlefield unless Raph here love using range spam. And if she goes out of her way to get out of range then Ryuga can escape the range disadvantages due to traversing into Mirror World.
Not that she loves range spam, but literally every sword skill is a ranged attack and she starts with sword skills (At least in this key, she doesn't have sword skills in the previous keys)

Honestly, I should have paid more attention to who was in this tourney. If I knew High-Mid Regen and bfr would be here (Not really talking about Kamen Rider but some other people here who have the same abilities but actually better which Raph would stand no chance against) I would have suggested like Kyo or Rishia. I thought the level was a bit lower because Naofumi was in it kek.

So I’m really tired so I’ll try to respond tomorrow, but I’ll be busy in the morning so I’ll just say what I want to say before leaving.

@MagiSinbad: While I was pondering wether or not Ryuga has a soul, it’s safe to assume that he does. Since it we do, it won’t go into any head canony stuff and it seems that Raphtalia doesn’t use her soul attacks against normal people, just souls without bodies

@YungManzi: Would it be safe to assume that Raphtalia’s passive amp would be weaker than her amp in the later parts of the series? Since this version is weaker than that. Also, Ryuga could use either himself or Dragblacker as a reflection to go into the mirror world. Dragblacker would could also shoot fire which hotter than the surface of the sun and it’s actually shown to shield Ryuga against enemy attacks, Ryuga also doesn’t even need to control it as Dragblacker has a mind of its own

Edit: In Japan, they use Celsius for their unit of temperature, which would mean that Ryuga and Dragblacker can summon flames which are 5000 and 6000 degrees Celsius respectively

Last edited:
Ryuga's strike vent should correspond to Dragblacker. Ryuki's fire is 5000C so his Strike Vent is 5000C so Ryuga should have 6000C for his strike vent.

Would it be safe to assume that Raphtalia’s passive amp would be weaker than her amp in the later parts of the series? Since this version is weaker than that. Also, Ryuga could use either himself or Dragblacker as a reflection to go into the mirror world. Dragblacker would could also shoot fire which hotter than the surface of the sun and it’s actually shown to shield Ryuga against enemy attacks, Ryuga also doesn’t even need to control it as Dragblacker has a mind of its own
They're two completely different amps. This amp comes from her equipment and it's a bigger amp than normal (Because of world laws changing equipment and whatnot). The later amps come from blessings via her gaining the title of heavenly emperor.

How much AOE does the fire have? I don't see a reason why she couldn't just dodge.

I don't think there's a lot of reflective surfaces in the cell games arena.
Actually there's a lot of reflective surface. World Tourney is the one that the Budokai thingy magik take place (if the google search is to be belived) so there's a whole city full of reflective surface here
How much AOE does the fire have? I don't see a reason why she couldn't just dodge
It's pretty small but but it can be shot a whole bunch.

Actually there's a lot of reflective surface. World Tourney is the one that the Budokai thingy magik take place (if the google search is to be belived) so there's a whole city full of reflective surface here
For some reasn I thought this was cell games and not world tourney...

For that matter, do world tourney rules apply here?

Edit: if they do, it literally wouldn't allow things like weapons, armor, and Dragblacker. Hell, BFR isn't even a valid wincon under those rules.

Last edited:
The fireball shoots more like a semi-auto rifle. He could also sent out streams. Ryuga's fire has special properties. It explodes on contact and can solidify to hold things.

So since both of her duraneg attack are either not available due to using normal sword, or just isn't an in characters thing to do.

I'm leaning more toward Ryuga or Dragblacker get a grab on her when she try to dodge the dragon's flame. She can't really give chase to Ryuga since he can jump into plenty of reflective surface around the city, while she is the one that have to be wary...if she know just how truly dangerous getting transported to Mirror World is.

Bumping, just waiting for Yung's argument before voting. If there's none by tomorrow morning I'll cast my vote.

Last edited:
Back