• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 7-A Tournament Round 1, Match 2 (Iron Man VS Thor) (What is wrong with random bracket seed shuffling?)

Iron Man should have the AP and LS advantage here, as he was able to fare much better against Thanos then Thor could, and even scratch Thanos, whereas Thor could do nothing. Iron Man is also vastly more versatile then Thor is, he would be able to easily analyze and counter Thor's fighting style. He could easily lock Thor down with some of his weapon thingies. Iron Man also has a bunch of other weapons to aid him here. Also a lot of Thor's hax I don't think would be useful against Iron Man

The biggest wincon I see for Thor is Strombreaker but I'm pretty sure Iron Man could just dodge that. Tho if stormbreaker hits Iron Man, it's GG for Stark. Also Electricty maybe troublesome for Tony but I think Tony has energy absorption? Thor is also a much more experienced combatant that Stark, which may prove difficult for Tony

I'd say Tony should take this with Mid to high diff

They already know each other (and fought each other) in canon, so ljsting them having prior knowledge isn't necessary

Awakened Thor is stronger than Hulk, who survived the snap. Tony died after his snap, so obviously Thor > Hulk > Iron Man

Thor can also easily defeat Iron Man with Mjolnir, as he took great damage from it in Endgame, and Awakened Thor is stronger than his Endgame self

If anything it's worse since Awakened Thor > Fat Thor
Iron Man is still > Awakened Thor

Awakened Thor is stronger than Hulk, who survived the snap. Tony died after his snap, so obviously Thor > Hulk > Iron Man
Hulk only survived because he was resistant to radiation, and that goes against what's on the profiles. Thor couldn't even harm Thanos while Iron Man could at least scratch him. And if that's the case Hulk would be 6-C, but he isn't. But the stones left Hulk in an even worse state than Thanos.

Thor can also easily defeat Iron Man with Mjolnir, as he took great damage from it in Endgame, and Awakened Thor is stronger than his Endgame self
Mjolnir > Thor. Also this Thor has no Mjolnir

Thor couldn't even harm Thanos while Iron Man could at least scratch him.
Thor never physically fought Thanos in Infinity War. Aside from the battle on the ship but it's unknown what Thor did there before being defeated

However in the movie itself, Thor's only fight against Thanos was with Stormbreaker

dosent thor 1 shot or overcharge tony almost everytime he hits him? And judging off the end of ragnarok when Thor is awakened just getting near him zaps you

Oh huh. I'm dumdum

With Stormbreaker gone. Thor is more experienced than Iron Man is but isn't safe to assume Iron Man could just analyze Thor's fighting style and then counter him? Also Iron Man has absorption

Ah, didn't see that.

Alright. Thor still outranges him (as Awakened Thor doesn't need either weapons to use his powers. Hundreds of meters VS Several Dozen meters), and is vastly more skilled than him in cqc

That said, Iron Man is immensly above Thor in intelligence

We can't really determine who is stronger between Infinity War Awakened Thor and Iron Man as we never saw Awakened Thor battling Tnanos in the movie without the Hammer (We know Thor lost, but we don't know how badly he lost to him, and of he managed to damage Thanos or not)

Iron Man still downscales from Thanos

Thanos was unscathed.
We didn't saw the battle though. We just saw Thor defeated when the movie started, but we don't know what happened before then

All Iron Man managed to do is draw a bit of blood from Thanos, and then all he did is getting stomped by Thanos

IF thor drops that thunderbolt he did on hela this fight is over, No stormbreaker makes it tougher though ngl

It can still harm iron man. Iron man has weaker durability. How tf do you not know that? Why are you using stronger characters to prove your points?
The claim is that the thunderbolt that was yeeted at Hela can harm Iron Man, because it supposedly "harmed" Hela, when that is false. Thor doesn't have a 6-C attack. What are you talking about?

The claim is that the thunderbolt that was yeeted at Hela can harm Iron Man,
Yes because iron man has high 7-A durability
because it supposedly "harmed" Hela, when that is false.
I never ******* said that. Are you ******* dumb or something?
Thor doesn't have a 6-C attack. What are you talking about?
I ******* KNOW. IM TRYING TO SAY THAT THOR COULD USE THE BOLT TO DAMAGE IRON MAN. Actually, I think that iron man might absorb the bolt.

I never ******* said that. Are you ******* dumb or something?
I wasn't referring to you? The post said the moment Thor brings the bolt on Iron Man, the same one from Hela, it's over. That implies Thor could one-shot iron man, when that is false.

I wasn't referring to you?
You were literally quoting my post wtf?
The post said the moment Thor brings the bolt on Iron Man, the same one from Hela, it's over.
I literally just said that iron man could try to absorb the bolt. Did you not read my other replies?
That implies Thor could one-shot iron man,
IM NOT SAYING THAT
when that is false.
I KNOW THAT IS ******* FALSE

Emirp was addressing this post:
IF thor drops that thunderbolt he did on hela this fight is over, No stormbreaker makes it tougher though ngl

He was quoting you because you misinterpreted what he was trying to say about Thor's thunderbolt against Hela.

Anyways, I'm voting Tony due to higher intellect, presumably higher AP, electricity absorption, and overall more versatility.

This message is to emirnip. You were saying that the giant thunderbolt Thor is using cant harm iron man because Hela was unscathed by it. That is telling me that you are using a stronger character to prove your point of iron man having higher durability. Anyways, iron man fra

I also think that the giant thunderbolt won’t work because iron man can just absorb it like he has before

This message is to emirnip. You were saying that the giant thunderbolt Thor is using cant harm iron man because Hela was unscathed by it. That is telling me that you are using a stronger character to prove your point of iron man having higher durability. Anyways, iron man fra
I don't think thats what they're trying to say. Kidkinsey said if Thor drops the thunderbolt he did on Hela, its over for Tony. Emirp said in response that Hela was unharmed by the bolt. They're not trying to say Iron Man has higher durability, Emirp is refuting Kinsey's claim by saying Hela was unharmed and Thor's lightning strike against Hela is irrelevant.

Am I correct Emirp? Correct me if I'm wrong please.

I don't think thats what they're trying to say. Kidkinsey said if Thor drops the thunderbolt he did on Hela, its over for Tony. Emirp said in response that Hela was unharmed by the bolt. They're not trying to say Iron Man has higher durability, Emirp is refuting Kinsey's claim by saying Hela was unharmed and Thor's lightning strike against Hela is irrelevant.
Ah, I see. Well I feel like he should’ve said that Tony could absorb the thunderbolt in response to his argument.

Back