• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 7-A REBirth Tournament Round 1 Concluded (Garou vs Takeshi)

Best skill feats? Just wanna know, tbh.
Yamamoto fully copied the best sword style ever which was superior to hundreds of sword styles around the world in 5 days after seeing the style only once.
And this was at a time when he had never actually wielded a sword before.

He then proceeded to defeat Squalo who copied and perfected dozens if not hundreds of sword styles, including the one Yamamoto uses.
And defeated the sword emperor who went around the world and defeated the 100 best swordsman of each sword style.

Squalo then achieved the same feat (Defeating 100 of the world's best swordsman) all the while copying their sword styles.
This Squalo < Genkishi < Yamamoto

Last edited:
Yamamoto copied fully copied the best sword stye ever which was superior to hundreds of sword styles around the world in 5 days after seeing the style only once.
And this was at a time when he had never actually wielded a sword before.

He then proceeded to defeat Squalo who copied and perfected dozens if not hundreds of sword styles, including the one Yamamoto uses.
And defeated the sword emperor who went around the world and defeated the 100 best swordsman of each sword style.

Squalo then achieved the same feat (Defeating 100 of the world's best swordsman) all the while copying their sword styles.
This Squalo < Genkishi < Yamamoto
What.

Each slash needs to actually hit and garou's crazy stamina and constant adaptation and power ups should counter it for enough time for him to get him using pressure points and techniques.
He also has Sakamaku Ame (Rolling Rain), where he creates walls of water surrounding him, blocking anyone from getting to him. And he also has very keen senses, like Garou so he should be able to keep up with him, with no problem. The only issue is Garou's RPL, which he can and will counter with Aggregate Art: Jiunoka (Rainy Metamorphosis) to stop Garou from moving completely.

Not to mention that every slash will power null and immobilize him if he imbues them with Rain Flames

He doesn't really use Jiunoka in character, he used it against an opponent who utilizes illusions, so he had to stop him in his tracks to beat him.
I don't think it's fair to say he doesn't use it in-character.

For a multitude of reasons (Plot, Him not really having solo fights past future/choice arc, not to mention literally everyone has some kind of resistance to rain flame's attribute post future/choice arc)

Edit:

And I'm talking about rain flame's attribute not just Jiunoka.

Yeah at this point i feel like this is immobilization hax + stamina drain + walls.
ToG gets banned from tournaments like this for similar reasons. At this point it's unfair to have him in a match like this.

Though one question. What does he lead with?

How many layers of resistances does KHR have again
"Gokudera powernulls DWF barriers which powernull abilities<Gamma resists<<Genkishi is far superior to Gamma and is powernulled by Yamamoto<<Xanxus Powernull's Powernull of some at least on par with Yamamoto<Funeral Wraiths resist<Mukuro resist funeral wraith's powernull which should be comparable to Tsuna's powernull which can null the abilities of funeral wraiths<<Byakuran easily powernulls Tsuna's most powerful attack<Tsuna resists after upgrading his ring"

That's the rough scaling up until the end of the choice arc. Post that is a little more difficult to judge. Even if you take out some of these by saying Pnull not working on stronger people is a weakness of the pnull rather than resistance (In which case I'd call bs), you'd still have 3 layers.

Last edited:
Yamamoto's got some pretty cool abilities. The only thing that might give Garou a lot of trouble would be Tranquility. Slowing down the opponent with each strike is pretty haxxed. But never mind. it says that Tranquility's effectiveness depends on the user's skill level. I believe that as long as it has a level to be surpassed , Garou can likely overcome it. The more he will struggle or get slower or immobilised the more his raw speed and power would increase.

Other than that ability, it would be just a sword fighting tutorial for Garou. I don't necessarily think that Yamamoto's defenses are as good as Darkshine. I also don't see any way in which he can overcome Cross Fang Dragon Slayer Fist.
Plus, there is also the trump card technique of Explosion release Fist which is supposedly superior to WSRSF.

Voting Garou for now.

"The martial art is capable of deflecting small dust particles,[12] rapid blade attacks,[13] and even attacks of pure energy.[citation needed] Furthermore, when in crisis, the martial art allows the user's body to move on its own.[14]"

Not to mention, there is also this Ultra Instinct stuff going on with Garou. On example, might be that WSRSF "slipped out" on its own when Garou was fighting Tank Top Master. I also didn't mention Attack reflection. That could pose some serious issues too.

This might be a battle of who strikes first and paralyses the opponent. If Garou can hit Takeshi first, then he might win due to his Pressure Point Strikes. The same could be said for Takeshi too. But I feel like Garou has far too many abilities to dodge Takeshi's attacks. Not to mention, Garou has regeneration too, which might affect the outcome if the fight goes on for long.
Garou even has a chance at winning even after being cut down as shown in his fight against Royal Ripper.

The way I see it, Garou has multiple win conditions compared to Takeshi who only has one via his immobility or power nullification.

Yamamoto's got some pretty cool abilities. The only thing that might give Garou a lot of trouble would be Tranquility. Slowing down the opponent with each strike is pretty haxxed. But never mind. it says that Tranquility's effectiveness depends on the user's skill level. I believe that as long as it has a level to be surpassed , Garou can likely overcome it. The more he will struggle or get slower or immobilised the more his raw speed and power would increase.
This isn't true.

Being a skilled fighter in no way saves you from rain flame's tranquility. Honestly, never even heard that notion mentioned as headcanon by fans. Where'd you get that idea from?

Edit:
If that was even possible, don't you think we'd have it listed as a weakness?

This isn't true.

Being a skilled fighter in no way saves you from rain flame's tranquility. Honestly, never even heard that notion mentioned as headcanon by fans. Where'd you get that idea from?

Edit:
If that was even possible, don't you think we'd have it listed as a weakness?
Got a bit confused with that ability. With that said, Garou's dodging abilities are far greater and then he can also immobilize with Pressure Point Strikes. He can also dominate with his higher lifting strength. Attack reflection would also be a great counter to this ability.

What the heck happend, last time i read the read there was talk about Yamato being too haxxed and all of a sudden Garou is winning?

Well Garou is skilled as heck and had ways to put down the guy before he'd go for the hax
Depending on what we're talking about, Yamamoto actually starts with Rain flame here.

He can also paralyze on a hit, and has ranged options with rain flames as well. One of his abilities is literally making a mini-storm of rain flames which slows down or stops everything on the battlefield; and in this arc, he started an encounter with it (Hibari)

Depending on what we're talking about, Yamamoto actually starts with Rain flame here.

He can also paralyze on a hit, and has ranged options with rain flames as well. One of his abilities is literally making a mini-storm of rain flames which slows down or stops everything on the battlefield; and in this arc, he started an encounter with it (Hibari)
Garou has had experience with dodging ranged attacks. Plus, he can also reflect sword attacks. So, it might not end well for Yamamoto if he isn't careful.

This Round is currently in grace apperently, so If Yung isnt replying within the next few hours i will consider this concluded.

2LjtnIX.png

"My my, what a splendid battle this was. A truly fine display of martial prowess and experience~
Truly painful that the first soul i now must claim
to be from such a young and handsome man,
but like Fate, Warfare is truly a fickle thing."

"Garou, Wild Beast and Hero Slayer, the Colosseum Patroness of Swords hereby declare you victorious.
You may wear this result with honor and proceed to the next round. But don't grow conceited just yet,
like you, the next contestants will surely be monsters in their own right~"​

Last edited:
2LjtnIX.png

"My my, what a splendid battle this was. A truly fine display of martial prowess and experience~

"Garou, Wild Beast and Hero Slayer, the Colosseum Patroness of Swords hereby declare you victorious.
You may wear this result with honor and proceed to the next round. But don't grow conceited just yet,
and who is this pretty lady?

2LjtnIX.png

Imma throw a guess and say she's from Granblue Fantasy. The art doesn't fit but artistic liberty is a thing.

Back