• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 7-A Bracket Round 4 (Natsu vs Smoky Quartz)

First_Witch

VS Battles
Retired
latest

Round 4 of the High 7-A Bracket beginns!

The 2 fighters are Natsu Dragneel and Smoky Quartz

The battle takes place in a sealed off Central Park, both combatants start 30 meters apart.​
Natsu Dragneel : 7
Smoky Quartz:

latest
latest

Last edited:
Never thought i would say that, but Natsu does seem to have the advantage here, at least in versatility.

Its not high 6-A ap tho
Versus thread rules:

• It is not fine to restrict abilities in a versus matchup, implicitly or expressly. Matches that are arranged this way should not be added to the character profiles, as they don't involve their full potential, and are only intended for casual entertainment. An exception would be if the restricted ability/technique has a separate tier from the main one. In this case, the match can be added. The match can also be added if Optional Equipments such as optional power-ups and items are restricted.

Her main weapon is her yoyo which is made using steven's high 6-A durability shield as the main body, giving it high 6-A durability. As per that rul her yoyo would be restricted and by extension half of her powers as they are derived from her yoyo

What's Natsu's AP? Smoky Quartz downscales from a 6-C
Base Natsu's AP comes from 1 shoting someone who stomped a High 7-A+. Natsu can also increase his AP even further with Rage amps. So Natsu should have the AP advantage that will continue to grow as the fight goes on

So both are about as high as the tier can go. (If Natsu can amp even further, wouldn’t he be 6-C? Is that allowed?)

I don't believe you can just jump tiers like that, the rules about upscaling via scaling chain needs to be 1.5x or less. However the difference between the stomped character and baseline 6-C is 2x so Natsu is stuck at basically very high, High 7-A+.

Are you telling me stomping someone who is half of 6-C, then getting amps on top of that isn’t 6-C? Are you serious? The distance from the stomp alone should be at least 6-C/ two times. The amps make it more blatant.

Natsu's Rage amps technically can put him as high as high 6-A, however that's very situational, and Natsu is restricted to high-7A here. Normally he amps himself into 6-C with FDKM but that is also restricted here.

I still vote Natsu because of the restrictions. Since those are in place he has no AP advantage though, considering that they backscale from a 6-C.

They start 30 meters apart, so I don't think Natsu's range would help

Smoky Quartz probably has the skill advantage, since they have the combined skill of Steven and Amethyst (Amethyst spent several thousand years fighting corrupted Gem monsters with a variety of supernatural abilities on a near daily basis)

The range advantage does matter as Smoky can't use her yo yo here due to it being High 6-A, so Smoky would be reduced to h2h. Where as Natsu can use range and AOE spells just fine

Natsu FRA, I would have voted for him if the validity of Smoky wasn't put in doubt in the first place anyway because he does seem to have the adventage.

Okay, how about this. I restrict the usage of Stevens shield as a shield but Smoky can have everything else. Because going by her profile, she dosnt get any AP from smacking people with that. Basically, Smoky is locked into her Jojo.

dang vs threads are kinda dead atm everybody’s busy doing crts

Edit: Also I think Natsu is at 6 Votes right now

Back