• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(High 6-C Tourn R1 M6) Shido Itsuka vs Jegal Taek (7-0-0)

I'm just gonna start.

What stops Jegal from eating Shido with Greed from under him?

Absorption of powers, person, and soul based on contact.

If Jegal touches you with Greed, your powers get absorbed. Even if you manage to get away, you're effectively power nulled and Jegal has your abilities.

For absorption of the body and soul, Greed has to eat you, which can be achieved through, well, eating. Greed can spawn under a person or on Jegal himself and is amorphous.

@Ion Why would he know that

@Ovens He has rather inconsistent leading moves, he can lead with anything then again Jegal lacks many resistances

I mean, if Shido is that inconsistent, wouldn't Greed just get him more times than not?

How when half the things he has kills Jegal?

Not just Seal, Death Manip, Transmutation, possibly mind manipulation etc.

Shido I guess? If he needs to make contact from 4KM in a speed equalized thread Shido has more then enough time to cycle through his moves and win that way

i can name 2 people better than him in a few seconds (Kazuma and Issei Hyoudou)

But counted nonetheless

Yeah actually forget that part of my statement xd.

In later arcs he just gets more respected.

Saying there are three better protagonists in the harem genre is a subjective statement, not an objective one. Especially since everyone has different taste in which character they believe is their favorite.

well yeah its all in fun,

(Plus like 2 ppl i named aren't even harem protags lol)

To be fair, being a better protagonist for the harem genre is totally something that exists. This genre gets pulled down when your prota is so reclutant and/or oblivious to love, he might as well be gay. Rito from To Love Ru is an example of a bad harem prota, but I like him anyway because of his character. So just because they are bad harem protas shouldn't stop you from liking them, like I do with Rito.

counted

Shido is defiently not a bad harem protag but he's not my fav.

I should get to reading that Date A Live novel tho

Phoenks said:
counted

Shido is defiently not a bad harem protag but he's not my fav.

I should get to reading that Date A Live novel tho
You can get them from DAL's Translation Group on Facebook, the translator's patreon, or JustLightNovels (though, I found JustLightNovels sketchy)

Shido isn't really special by any means, but he's not by all means annoying

Honestly though, I like him cause he's voiced by Josh Grelle

Back