• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(High 6-C Torun R1 M4) Ariella Lu vs Viktor (0-0-0)

have no clue let me see if i can get the guy who put him in the tourn5

Also Phoenks, please don't tell me you're doing all of the matches this close. It's perfectly OK if you don't want to use SBA but.... give a dude some breathing space!

>Flight

Gravity hax, magnetism hax, several of his summons have flight

>Range

Most of his summons can match her

>Causality hax

Only works against humans does it not?

>Flight

Gravity hax, magnetism hax, several of his summons have flight

>Range

Most of his summons can match her

>Causality hax

Only works against humans does it not?

Her causality hax work on anything with a human form, make of that what you will. Also I just now saw his summons and am immediately withdrawing my vote.

Her causality hax works on anything with a human form, not necessarily human.

You had to look something like a dragon, for it to not work, a complete lack of any resemblance to humans.

She manipulates causality to guarantee death, with a large part of this authortity Loki and Yuu could kill ppl with a thought, but Ariella's doesn't have that large a part so basically how it works is when fighting anything with a human form, whatever she hits with her attacks dies, just like with Yue where whatever his bullets touches dies.

So forcefields blocking her attacks prevents this? Also this key of Viktor is a robot, he's not alive

Recheked, it's far more broken than i thought, as soon as she decides to kill someone, it's already guaranteed to happen:

Anti-army armament—AT Baal.
What I materialized was a gunblade for close and mid range combat, whose cutting edge was one with the barrel. Despite being one of the pre-civilization weapons recreated using Yggdrasil's data, its true nature was designed for anti-personnel combat. Normally, I would not be certain whether it was effective against this unidentified "darkness." However... Now that the enemy had taken human form, the outcome would be the same regardless of weapon. I summoned the evil dragon, "Fafnir," that had become a part of me. By this point, I fully understood the scrapped authority of Code Lost. It was a power to twist human destiny and guarantee death. Although I had shared the portion beyond my control with Ariella and the other girls, this power was still greater than what I had before. So long as the opponent had human elements, it did not matter even if their true nature was a monster's. What I interfered with was causality itself. Hence, starting from the moment I decided to kill them, the destruction of the shadows was already ascertained.
~ Volume 11, Chapter 4​

If thats true, isnt that ridiculously broken for this kind of bracket?

Also what exactly qualifies as 'human elements'?

Probably, as said here:

"Indeed. Just now was undoubtedly a demonstration of murder according to my will. Achieving quantum resonance by using the shared characteristic of 'humanity'—using the state of synchronization to cause limited interference in the law of causality—this is the true form of the 'lethal gold' held by Fafnir 'the embracer,' the true nature of Code Lost. Although everything until this point was theoretical, it is finally proven now that the power has fallen into my hands."
"Resonance... Law of causality...?" I frowned at the incomprehensible explanation. "—It must be difficult for you. Simply stated, it is the power to twist a human's fate, thereby forcing certain death upon that person... Such is the nature of the scrapped authority." Major Loki spoke casually but this was absolutely not something that could be accepted so easily. "This ridiculous nonsense—" "2nd Lieutenant Mononobe, what are you so surprised about? You've been using this power to survive all this time. Never losing against human opponents, no enemy you cannot kill... If such absolutes existed for certain, isn't that equivalent to deciding your opponent's fate?" "—" No words to refute him. When giving up myself to "Fafnir," I felt as though victory was guaranteed. Multiple pathways leading to the opponent's death would appear in my mind, extending all the way to the very end. "When interference in causality is weakened, it requires the user to add in killing behavior to guide 'the possibility of death.' Imagining the opponent's death, twisting fate—Then ensuring it."
~ Volume 10, Chapter 3​
What Yuu and Ariella do is that when they decide to kill someone, multiple ways to doing that appear in their mind, and they do killing behaviors ie shooting a gun, to guide that possibility then ensuring it.

So essentially as soon as they decide to kill someone they are already dead.

Humans elements just refers to have some sort of human qualities, Yuu killed shadows simply due to the fact they took a human shape ie looking a human, it doesn't matter if they are human or not as long as they have some human qualities, it works.

WeeklyBattles said:
If thats true, isnt that ridiculously broken for this kind of bracket?
Also what exactly qualifies as 'human elements'?
She can still get range-spammed by some characters in the brackets so as long as it isn't passive and we don't put characters literally in-front of her face then some High 6-Cs here could beat her.

I think having anything to do with a human or at least some small part of your being.

Planck69 said:
She can still get range-spammed by some characters in the brackets so as long as it isn't passive and we don't put characters literally in-front of her face then some High 6-Cs here could beat her.
The starting distance in this thread is 5 meters apart lol

WeeklyBattles said:
The starting distance in this thread is 5 meters apart lol
Yeah Phoenks, do something about that. It's completely pointless for characters with range that surpasses maximum starting distance as per SBA to start anything less than 1 km away.

WeeklyBattles said:
Also, bone of viktor's summons are human-esque and they keep fighting even if he dies
Is it even a win at that point?

WeeklyBattles said:
So wait she can be range spammed?
Her range is in the kilometers at best and I would assume that she'd need to at least make out that their opponent is human with her sight. Per SBA, the espers could fling her to space, Po could seal and so on and so forth.

what would change if I started this farther apart? She still out ranges?

Maybe if the fight starts at 2km both will have a good chance of winning, but idk, i'm no expert in Unlimited Fafnir.

This is still going on? I'd say just nuke her from the brackets and move on. Or at least make the next match and continue while we decide what to do here.

I'll make it tmmr since I can't access my PC ATM.

bumped, btw the next match was already made

Back