• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 1-B Upgrade for Infinity Gauntlet

The first is a range feat, and we need a story reference for the full context. In addition, the Beyonders were not well defined yet in the 1990s.

That was regular universal Eternity and Infinity.

The LT just stated that that much power unleashed would destroy the universe.

Later on, an IG was used to defeat God Doom (it fiailed, but made Doom mad that he had to 'crush it like a brute').

We probably have to treat that as an outlier, due to standard Marvel inconsistency.

Antvasima said:
The LT just stated that that much power unleashed would destroy the universe.
LT stated that his and Warlock's battle would destroy the universe, if Warlock wasn't high 1B there couldn't have been a battle in the first place. It would be like a drawing on paper trying to fight a real person.

It is proving that Warlock could give LT some trouble which would require him being High 1B.

I am very uncertain about this interpretation. Thanos with the Gauntlet was also portrayed as having to exert himself in order to beat universal Eternity.

At the very least you should ask Matthew Schroeder to comment here.

I don't recall him exerting himself against Eternity and I remember all the IG users easily being able to erase the abstracts without any effort.

It took time for Thanos with the Gauntlet to beat Eternity, and the Tribunal referred to them as having roughly equal power (I was shown such a scan in a recent content revision thread about the Gauntlet and Eternity).

GojiBoyForever said:
I'm no Marvel expert by any means but this seems above the IG's normal showings.
How though ?

The IG's universal feat seems to be the outlier that is below the IG's normal showings.

And I haven't even addressed all the stuff that the IG did in the Marvel Malibu crossover- that was high 1B or maybe even 1A stuff or higher.

It wouldn't matter. Crossovers almost consistently severely rescale the characters and items within them.

What are you referring to though?

Antvasima said:
What are you referring to though?
^^

Iirc, there was a statement of a realm in the Malibu being timeless. spaceless and beyond comprehension, but that's obviously not even high 1-B, let alone 1-A.

This is all i am aware of.

Btw, it wasn't even multi eternity and infinity that magnus fought, we literally see eternity state that his true form would basically see the IG's effects as nonexistent against a COMPLETE Infinity gauntlet.

Okay. Thank you for the information.

I don't remember that Eternity statement though.

We have no proof of that though. It may have been empty bragging.

I did not mean it that way. I meant in relation to universal Eternity.

Yes, he didn't say "this avatar would have seen the effect as nonexistent", but, "Multi-Eternity/My Totality would have percieved these effects as nonexistent."

It can be if it is very reliable, and is not contradicted, yes, but this seemed more like unproven exaggerated self-perception/boasting.

Multi-Eternity was also first introduced as a concept in Jeph Loeb's (1999-2000 or so?) Fantastic Four run, and made into a big deal during Al Ewing's Ultimates run a few years ago.

Abstracts were using aspects since Quasar and Defenders issue 92, the idea of a multi eternity was nearly always there.

Also, idk how it's an exaggeration when it makes sense considering the IG basically has no feats of effecting any multi abstract

I agree that the IG cannot fight multi-abstracts. I just think that this particular 1991 story did not refer to them.

Back