• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hiei vs Shinju (High 6A Tourney)

Hiei (20-50 Petatons) has a pretty sizeable AP advantage at 2-5x more than the Juubi (10 Petas), and the Juubi has shown that he's vulnerable to flames because Amaterasu can affect him.
Hiei is also more intelligent, skilled, and versatile.
In character the Juubi is likely to spam Bijuu bombs, which might be hard for Hiei to avoid due to the massive AOE, but one or two isn't going to kill him due to the AP and durability difference, so as long as he pressures and kills it quickly it should probably be fine.
Overall I think I'll go with Hiei on this one.

10 petatons is the AP of a skinny Juubi, and we know that the Juubi can buff himself up by absorbing nature energy from the planet. So the gap in AP might not be that large, especially since Juubi can also evolve into more powerful forms. Hellfire is problematic, but Juubi can shred a part of its body to defend against it like it did against Amaterasu. Juubi can also regenerate so its hard to put him down. The only problem for the Juubi is that he is pretty dumb, so if Hiei manages to defeat him before he evolves he will win. I am leaning towards Hiei slightly for now.

Hiei's mind manipulation better be good at killing people, because trying to beat it into submission isn't going to be easy.

For Amaterasu, its "tier" is pretty damn varying, and I would not use it for weakness of any kind. It goes from taking up to a week to burn through a large amount of rock to harming tier 6 characters. I am pretty sure it was agreed to ignore durability to some extent. Normal fire release is not doing much against the Juubi by default though.

With how large the Juubi is, its regeneration really means a lot. It being able to regrow full limbs is going to be a massive problem when Hiei needs to cut or burn through several tens of meters of wood to do harm beyond its regenerative abilities. His abilities have range, but not aoe of any incredible kind either, so he'll be effectively doing needly punctures against it.
Think of a 9-B who can cut 10 cm iron trying to cut through 10 meters of it.

The Juubi probably gets far enough through its regeneration and size to simply overcome the AP advantage and nuke the hell out of Hiei.

Hiei's mind manipulation better be good at killing people, because trying to beat it into submission isn't going to be easy.

For Amaterasu, its "tier" is pretty damn varying, and I would not use it for weakness of any kind. It goes from taking up to a week to burn through a large amount of rock to harming tier 6 characters. I am pretty sure it was agreed to ignore durability to some extent. Normal fire release is not doing much against the Juubi by default though.

With how large the Juubi is, its regeneration really means a lot. It being able to regrow full limbs is going to be a massive problem when Hiei needs to cut or burn through several tens of meters of wood to do harm beyond its regenerative abilities. His abilities have range, but not aoe of any incredible kind either, so he'll be effectively doing needly punctures against it.
Think of a 9-B who can cut 10 cm iron trying to cut through 10 meters of it.

The Juubi probably gets far enough through its regeneration and size to simply overcome the AP advantage and nuke the hell out of Hiei.
Jao ensatsu isnt normal fire either

Anything that is High 6-A is not really normal, but my point was that fire wont't be more effective than other things.

Anything that is High 6-A is not really normal, but my point was that fire wont't be more effective than other things.
I mean Low mid regeneration isnt really a problem for Hiei since People like elder Toguro who has Low high regen are the kind of people that give them trouble killing. Also Amaterasu isnt even used by shinju so why was it brought up? Also its not like Hiei is stupid enough to let himself get hit by a bijudama let alone a fully charged version

Regeneration is also reliant on how much you regenerate. Even if a character can only regenerate their skin, if their skin is ten meters thick, it'll be harder to kill them all the same.

Here, I am saying that the sheer size of the Juubi means that it can regenerates more mass than what Hiei can burn or cut through.

And... fire was brought up as a weakness. I pointed out that Amaterasu is the special skill, not the Jubi who is weak.

Amaterasu negates durability. Jao Ensatsu does not.

Being harmed by Amaterasu, a durability negating ability that can burn non-flammable materials, does not mean other flames would harm or set the character on fire.

Amaterasu is different, not superior. I was refuting it having a weakness to flames.

Anyways, I'll vote Juubi. Hiei would need to cut through tens of meters worth of flesh with comparable durability to his attacks, with said flesh regenerating on the fly at immense speeds.

Id also like to point out that Jao ensatsu Kokuryuha's length can grow as long as several miles

Amaterasu negates durability. Jao Ensatsu does not.

Being harmed by Amaterasu, a durability negating ability that can burn non-flammable materials, does not mean other flames would harm or set the character on fire.

Amaterasu is different, not superior. I was refuting it having a weakness to flames.

Anyways, I'll vote Juubi. Hiei would need to cut through tens of meters worth of flesh with comparable durability to his attacks, with said flesh regenerating on the fly at immense speeds.
Jao ensatsu's ap isnt from burning alone though...

Jao ensatsu's ap isnt from burning alone though...
That is not what I claimed?
It doesn't have the AP to cleanly cut through all of the Juubi just like that, you know? It's durability is not that much lower, and the fact that there is so much of it means that a single attack will not be able to do more than "shallow" wounds that don't go deeper than ten meters.

As you can see Jao Ensatsu Kokuryuha is fire based but the damage dealt isnt because of burning

That is not what I claimed?
It doesn't have the AP to cleanly cut through all of the Juubi just like that, you know? It's durability is not that much lower, and the fact that there is so much of it means that a single attack will not be able to do more than "shallow" wounds that don't go deeper than ten meters.
The move literally pulverizes anything weaker than it and seeing as to how Hiei' ap is at least twice of Shinju's I don't see why it doesnt Pulverize shinju

And which staff member decided that conclusion?
its an estimate since they scale way higher than sensui but I tried contacting some staff members about it like dargoo and currently he is busy with crts so he cant provide results for the calc. I might consider asking someone else. so if u really want we can put this on hold

"Vaporizing anything weaker than him" is not a thing. He doesn't have decomposition or matter manip, he simply burns enemies.

"Vaporizing anything weaker than him" is not a thing. He doesn't have decomposition or matter manip, he simply burns enemies.
I never said he did it through matter manip. Shinju doesnt even have fire resistance in his profile so what stop hiei from doing it?

Well if you base it on yyh power levels Yusuke is 25x stronger than hokushin who is stated to be stronger than sensui the guy with 2.2 petatons of ap

As Kép said on there:

*The kanji would only mean "5%" if the context was about an economic sale or discount rate. It wasn't, therefore 50% is the factual option and not 5%. Native japanese teachers support this.*

Back