• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hiei (Jaganshi) vs Awakened Garou

KGiffoni

VS Battles
Retired
Both are in their High 6-A keys here, speed is equalized. SBA.

Battle happens in the same place Garou fought the S-Class.
Hiei-hiei-jaganshi-16428370-258-195
Main-qimg-d35523d123604c843756eabde99b7c6b
Garou: 6

Hiei:

Inconclusive:

From what i was able to get from the upgrade thread, Hiei should be significantly stronger than sensui who has a 2.2 petatons feat

Assuming it's a one-shot worthy difference(7.5x ap) he should be 16.5 petatons.

Alright, so Garou has the AP advantage. How exactly does Hiei's mind manip works?

Im voting for Garou as he has reactive evolution(which in turn brings statistic amplification), adaptation, a slight regenerative ability, immortality type 2, and his attacks should be able to incapitate hiei who's defense is just barely multi-continental.

One-shot difference doesn't apply to scaling. Hiei's just unquantifiable above 2.2PT, meaning that Garou is around 10x stronger.

Mindhax might be useful tho.

The Calaca said:
Mindhax might be useful tho.
Yeah,that's why i refrained from voting.

The ability section seems to imply it only works on weaker minds, but i'm not sure if it can be resisted by willpower or if it's in character.

Okay, I'm going to start this madness.

Hiei's only favorable outcome is mindhax considering he can't do shit against Garou in physical combat, being weaker and not as skilled as Garou.

Would he use the Jagan to mindhax him the moment he notices that?

This might turn out to be a stomp. I'll wait for more people known of YYH to come just to be sure.

As long as mindhax is useful, it's no stomp. If Hiei doesn't use it in-character, it's a decisive win for Garou.

As far as the Dark Tournament and the start of the next arc goes, Hiei doesn't mindhax too often that I'm aware of.

I'm saying it might turn out to be a stomp in Garou's favor if Hiei rarely utilizes his mindhax in-character.

Garou FRA

I'm certain that One Punch Man story is going to play out like the webcomic. Psykos was stated she was going to take her time trying to brainwash Garou like she did on Orochi. If the story does play out like the webcomic, that obviously it didn't work and Garou resist MindHax.

Out-of-character wincons are room for valid matchups.

Wincon = Tool.

You have the tool = Valid.

You don't have the tool = Stomp.

Not using the tool =/= not having the tool.

Not using the tool = Valid.

The Calaca said:
Out-of-character wincons are room for valid matchups.
Wincon = Tool.

You have the tool = Valid.

You don't have the tool = Stomp.

Not using the tool =/= not having the tool.

Not using the tool = Valid.
But if that were a case, then it can be easily exploited and an easy victory grab which I believe is kinda bad. It's just like the Medaka case where you can farm wins against her because she always give everyone the first move especially if you are using a character that has 1 hit incap attack as first move. I think OoC should be a considered a stomp.

This has been discussed lots of times. It works just like this, otherwise, we'd be looking for every possible caveat to avoid losses to our favorite characters.

If the character doesn't open with hax or doesn't use it before he can get rekt, that's his fault, not the matchup's.

Back